TAL Mod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

BlackWinny wrote:

And... what do you mean by "synced noise"?
[/quote]

A single cycle noise oscilator synced to a master osc. :tu:

What's wrong with having a single cycle wavetable in a modular , I am not talking about wavescanning .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

olikana wrote:yeah a post filter Drive would be a nice addition. Considering there's 2 filters + 1 EQ I wonder if the HigPass effect could be replaced with a Drive knob. Otherwise there may be space for it in the Master section.
Anyway till the envelopes remain so cramped can't use it :(
I wonder why he doesn't increase the width of the plugin, the current GUI is rather high, anyway. (When making it as big as possible on the screen, there is a lot of space left to the left and right when using a wide screen, which most people do by now.)
He could rearrange the whole user interface with a little extra width.
For instance he could turn the mod source bar into a vertical one (only one column of connectors) and move it to the left, this way the cable connections would be less chaotic.

true, the GUI 's height leaves enough space at the sides to fix all spacing issues.
I guess Patrick is busy with fixing bugs for the time being, so any GUI readjustments will have to wait. just a bit impatient because the synth is is looking irresistible :hyper:

Would love to see a 'sallen key ' filter ( ms 20 )
We can allready do hp-->lp ...
Bring it on
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote:Would love to see a 'sallen key ' filter ( ms 20 )
We can allready do hp-->lp ...
Bring it on
Oh yeah :clap:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

ONe thing that bothers me is why the resonant peak drops significantly when the filter freq. is pushed beyond 14Khz and resoance set to max , no drive and all .
Makes me wonder if these are zdf filters at all, not saying they are not :)
I would love to see the tal bassline filter implemented
Eyeball exchanging

Also when osc is set to 0db and master to -1db ,( no resonance ) why is my daw clipping when playing only 1 note ( 1 osc enabled ) ?
It clips at +8db ( according to klanghelm vumt )
A completely differnet readout from tal noizemaker ( when all set to 0db )
Eyeball exchanging

What is FM as destination on OSC1 ? It seems to control pitch instead FM intensity or am I doing something wrong ? Tried to create a FM bass and therefore I patched ADSR2 to FM but it does not sound as it should. Any idea? Still hesitate to buy it because there are some quirks (see my other posts). TIA
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote:What is FM as destination on OSC1 ? It seems to control pitch instead FM intensity or am I doing something wrong ? Tried to create a FM bass and therefore I patched ADSR2 to FM but it does not sound as it should. Any idea? Still hesitate to buy it because there are some quirks (see my other posts). TIA
Fm on osc1 is the amount of osc2--->modulating frequency of osc 1 .( always hardwired )
IOw it's the amount knob, and is always controlled by osc 2 sine wave
If you want to create an fm like bass , route any envelope to the fm input ( leave fm knob at zero ) , adjust mod input.
Mind you it's not phase modulation as on the yamaha dx , it's exponential frequency modulation
Eyeball exchanging

Autobot wrote:What is FM as destination on OSC1 ? It seems to control pitch instead FM intensity or am I doing something wrong ? Tried to create a FM bass and therefore I patched ADSR2 to FM but it does not sound as it should. Any idea? Still hesitate to buy it because there are some quirks (see my other posts). TIA
It is still in beta. Look at Patrick’s history with TAL-Sampler. Continuous improvements in response to feedback. At the moment, $40. I spent as much on dinner, a drink, and a movie in Newport, Kentucky two days ago. It’s cheap and the developer has a stellar track record.

My 0.02¢:

I know Money doesn’t grow on trees - I’m in graduate school right now so I’m particularly skint at the moment - but I think that if you’re on the fence because of quirks, chances are those quirks will be resolved. If, as a community, we want to see more successful developers like TAl produce instruments comparable to those costing more, we should evaluate the cost in terms of other disposable expenses (like eating or going out) and if those costs are equivalent, perhaps make a purchase. Of course, it’s beholden on developers to also offer new and innovative instruments. For example, I probably won’t be purchasing another virtual analog anytime soon mysel. In fact I’m feeling saturated with software and feel a return to hardware after I graduate and get a job.

Until then the value proposition with TAL is very high. YMMV.

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Fm on osc1 is the amount of osc2--->modulating frequency of osc 1 .( always hardwired )
IOw it's the amount knob, and is always controlled by osc 2 sine wave
If you want to create an fm like bass , route any envelope to the fm input ( leave fm knob at zero ) , adjust mod input.
Mind you it's not phase modulation as on the yamaha dx , it's exponential frequency modulation
Thanks for the reply. This is what I meant but my english is bad. I'm aware of the Modulation via FM input but it sounds weird. however. Please try these two patches and say me whether its a bug or a feature. TIA

TAL-MOD Test Presets

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
rabbit in a hole

FM: Not a bug
Filter : Of course no filter and thus no bug , you disabled the filter input processing for the oscilators
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote:FM: Not a bug
Filter : Of course no filter and thus no bug , you disabled the filter input processing for the oscilators
I know that the filter processing is disabled :ud: I predicted that the OSC/Noise got muted and not directly routed to to the output.
rabbit in a hole

I am trying to replicate some tal bassline stuff ( sh 101 ) on talmod , but fail to do so .
Totally aware that talmod isn't a recreation of the sh101 , but there is something lacking ..
THe envelopes aren't as snappy .
Eyeball exchanging

perpetual3 wrote:
It is still in beta. Look at Patrick’s history with TAL-Sampler. Continuous improvements in response to feedback. At the moment, $40. I spent as much on dinner, a drink, and a movie in Newport, Kentucky two days ago. It’s cheap and the developer has a stellar track record.

My 0.02¢:

I know Money doesn’t grow on trees - I’m in graduate school right now so I’m particularly skint at the moment - but I think that if you’re on the fence because of quirks, chances are those quirks will be resolved. If, as a community, we want to see more successful developers like TAl produce instruments comparable to those costing more, we should evaluate the cost in terms of other disposable expenses (like eating or going out) and if those costs are equivalent, perhaps make a purchase. Of course, it’s beholden on developers to also offer new and innovative instruments. For example, I probably won’t be purchasing another virtual analog anytime soon mysel. In fact I’m feeling saturated with software and feel a return to hardware after I graduate and get a job.

Until then the value proposition with TAL is very high. YMMV.
Hear hear!
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Instruments”