Has anyone upgraded from Revalver HPSE (included) to Revalver 4?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I have been quite happy with using Revalver HPSE included amp sim for use on the various Shreddage libraries but I find that that plugin now is quite old, and that it actually is not that stable in comparison to alternatives like Revalver 4..

Has anyone been able to recreate or port those presets?

Anyone else able to share other recommendations for various amp sims for use on Shreddage?
I have quite a few different amp sims but actually prefer the ISW designed ones for this particular usage.

thanks

PS.. Would be fantastic if ISW would actually release some updates (like Revalver 4 presets), or for other up-to-date amp sims.

ISW didn't design Revalver, of course. Peavey did ;) It's just a deal made between ISW and Peavey to offer a lite version of Revalver for Shreddage users. You can of course use any other ampsim you'd like.

EvilDragon wrote:ISW didn't design Revalver, of course. Peavey did ;) It's just a deal made between ISW and Peavey to offer a lite version of Revalver for Shreddage users. You can of course use any other ampsim you'd like.
Yes, I know that but there are Revalver HPSE presets which come with the Shreddage package.

Right. IMHO there are better ampsims out there. YMMV :)

Hi EvilDragon !

I just bought Shreddage 2 and Revalver HPSE is quite good but I can't get as much power as I would like.
I like the sound from the builtin "Bulldozer" preset but I'm having phasing issues.

What ampsims do you recommand for black/death metal ?

Well for those genres anything goes really. In death metal one of the most common combos found is Tube Screamer into Peavey 5150, so using emulations of those should get you in the ballpark.

Black metal is often just noise, so whatever you take, make sure to ramp up the gain and mess the EQ so bad that it sounds shrill (no bass, no mids, all the treble and presence, haha).

I'm not talking about true BM but well produced BM :)

I'll continue my research !

Well produced black metal is no black metal :P

Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness.

I wouldn't call that very well produced, ehehe. But nevermind me, I was just a bit sarcastic with my above remark ;)

I know you were which is why I picked this rare well produced and true BM :p

Actually i'm more into Dimmu Borgir for both production and music style.

The Shreddage 2 guitars have a feature where they can artificially increase the round robins used in each note. Experiment with the retune knobs in the advanced tab to see what works for you. Try not pushing them too far because then you will get a very inconsistent sound.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

Yeah, I just bought Shreddage 2 a few days ago so I need some time to figure out how to get the sound I want.

I'll watch your tutos when I'm not at work :)

xxxo wrote:Yeah, I just bought Shreddage 2 a few days ago so I need some time to figure out how to get the sound I want.

I'll watch your tutos when I'm not at work :)
I'll be making some more in the future, one will lightly cover tonecrafting so you can experiment with making your own tones :) and yes what evildragon said about the free plugins is correct, you can get way better tones using free stuff on the internet. ReValver HPSE is mostly there to get you started.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

Yeah, I tried some amps and pedals and with Metal Clone + a noise reduction and I've got already something near to what I wanted !
Metal Zone was the pedal I was using when I was playing real guitar :)

And i'm already having a waaaaaaay better sound than what I used to have 20 years ago.

I must learn to better eq/compress/limit and this is gonna be awesome !

Return to “Impact Soundworks”