Patch Librarian for Synth1 (freeware)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1 Synth1 Librarian

After so many years, I decided too use 2 freeware synth again.
Synth1 with the zipbank feature and with this superb librarian is in my plugin folder again.
And Dexed is the other plugin - that also has a myriad of sounds (though lacks an ADVANCED librarian :(

I think I will donate for this Synth1 Librarian project :)

dune_rave wrote:After so many years, I decided too use 2 freeware synth again.
Synth1 with the zipbank feature and with this superb librarian is in my plugin folder again.
And Dexed is the other plugin - that also has a myriad of sounds (though lacks an ADVANCED librarian :(

I think I will donate for this Synth1 Librarian project :)
This librarian makes Synth1 1000% more useable. Synth1 can make some incredible sounds! With countless great patches buried in the zipbanks, they were previously very time consuming to explore and audition.

+1000 :tu: :clap: :band:

This is definitely worth pulling out if you feel the urge to go buy another synth! GAS extinguisher!!! :lol:

I think another great project would be to do a librarian for Dexed. It too suffers from too many banks and no way to organize patches, except one by one to create new banks. There are some great sounds in there as well, but I keep running across similar patches, not enough time!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

neutrino.sky wrote:
K82 wrote:Do you have tips for faster starting up /scanning synth1/patch librarian.
It does take some time to load, but I think this is because of synth1 itself because of the huge amount of zipbanks I have.
I have read of settings in the security systems and the synth1 temp folder. (I think Ccleaner is deleting them for example).
Could you confirm this , give a tip how to prevent deleting the temp file or similar tips ?
I'm sure it is not your tool, just behaviour of synth1 btw.
You could add %TMP%\synth1\zip to CCleaner's exclude list. Do you have CCleaner running regularly? I tend to only cleanup my Temp folder occasionally.

I know that Synth1 Librarian takes some time to startup. I tried to reduce that time, by making only the first instance load the entire library. Other instances of the Librarian then 'talk' to the first instance, so that they don't have to reload the library.

Other stuff: if you're on an SSD, make sure you've got 20% free disk space (otherwise the SSD writes slow down). If you're on a HDD, you could try defragging the drive. You could even create a new partition, purely as a temp drive, and relocate your TMP and TEMP variables to point to it - but that's probably a step too far...
I have added %TMP%\synth1\zip to CCleaner's exclude list. That makes a difference on subsequent loading of the plugin. Great suggestion!

Sym links work well for data that must be held in a particular location.

MFXxx wrote:Sym links work well for data that must be held in a particular location.
True, but Sym links are not needed with Synth1 librarian, as it allows you to set paths directly in the UI. See the 'Library' tab at the top. You can put the Synth1 zipbank anywhere you like and specify the path to your storage location.

The Patch Librarian is a very handy tool. Thank you.

dune_rave wrote: I think I will donate for this Synth1 Librarian project :)
Too bad you can't donate for Synth 1.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
Well Synth1 was a gift, that is no longer being developed, and we all can be thankful to have it.

The librarian is also an inspired gift, so if you are also thankful for it, I'm sure the developer would accept your appreciation!

Me too

I've just released a new version of Synth1 Librarian: https://neutrinosky.com/2018/04/22/rele ... available/

Thank you to the individuals that have contributed - it means a lot. You guys, however, are in the minority - for every 500 downloads, I receive 1 contribution. At this time, I don't have enough even to cover web hosting costs :( .

So my simple request is: if you enjoy using the Librarian, please help support it :help:. Thanks!
Author of "Synth1 Librarian", music meddler, software maker
https://neutrinosky.com | https://twitter.com/neutrino_sky

neutrino.sky wrote:I've just released a new version of Synth1 Librarian: https://neutrinosky.com/2018/04/22/rele ... available/

Thank you to the individuals that have contributed - it means a lot. You guys, however, are in the minority - for every 500 downloads, I receive 1 contribution. At this time, I don't have enough even to cover web hosting costs :( .

So my simple request is: if you enjoy using the Librarian, please help support it :help:. Thanks!
A new donation just sent.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

zzz00m wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Well Synth1 was a gift, that is no longer being developed, and we all can be thankful to have it.

The librarian is also an inspired gift, so if you are also thankful for it, I'm sure the developer would accept your appreciation!
You missed the point entirely. If the developer of Synth1 did not ask for donations then neither should anyone else.

Without Synth1 this librarian would not be possible. I assume for every donation he gets he sends a portion to Ichiro Toda the creator of Synth1 ?

I have no need for this librarian but Synth1 will always have a place in my VST folder. In appreciation I've given back a bunch of patches including one of the first full banks.

The spirit of Synth 1 has always been free sharing and to be brutally honest in my opinion anyone who tries to profit from it other than Ichiro Toda is a scumbag.

No I don't care one bit if others agree or not. Those are my principles and will not change. I'll say no more on the subject in this thread.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I'll say no more on the subject in this thread.
...thank god.

Teksonik wrote:You missed the point entirely. If the developer of Synth1 did not ask for donations then neither should anyone else.
So to take another example. Since Blender is free, no one should be making addons for Blender and earn money from them?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Teksonik wrote: No I don't care one bit if others agree or not. Those are my principles and will not change. I'll say no more on the subject in this thread.
One of my first principles is to express appreciation when possible

Thanks, Neutrino Sky.

(Donated!)

:wink:
바보

Return to “Instruments”