So, what DAW did it for you?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you BONES. Those were accurate answers and just what I wanted to know :tu:

I definitely consider buying one now after selling my BeatStep and Massive (so it would cost me about NZ$300, which is a great price of course) :D

Let's skim through its manual then.

Do you need a download link? I'll give you one anyway - https://www.native-instruments.com/file ... nglish.pdf
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:What you fail to understand is that the question should not be "Why do you use Logic?"; rather, we might seek to enquire why everyone else isn't
I'd have thought the answer to that was rather obvious - because it can only run on about 8% of the computers in the world and, sadly for those people, that 8% are overpriced rubbish.
I was trolling your troll bullshit. Law states that anything past that is just redundant bullshit. Your post certainly makes such a case :tu:

BONES wrote:Do you need a download link? I'll give you one anyway - https://www.native-instruments.com/file ... nglish.pdf
Thank you :) I got it with the starter guide, which is about 180 pages I think. It is a good introduction to Machine. NI manuals are great ones and they are from my favourite to read.

BONES wrote: about 8% of the computers in the world and, sadly for those people, that 8% are overpriced rubbish.
IE: you resent the people with that kind of money like crazy...

:troll:

jancivil wrote:
BONES wrote: about 8% of the computers in the world and, sadly for those people, that 8% are overpriced rubbish.

:hihi:
Really though, people spend far too much time concerned about what other people use. I don't care if you use a Mac, it works for you. :dog:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

BONES wrote: Simply stating a fact. Ask anyone you know why they have an iPhone and see if you can get one decent answer. 99 out of 100 people will tell you something like "because it's the best" or "because that's what everyone else has". Very occasionally you might get someone who says something reasonable like "because I really like/need this app that only runs on iOS" and you'll get some who have it supplied by work. What you will never hear is "I made an informed assessment of all my options and iPhone came out as the best choice for my needs". Apple users simply don't think like that. And yes, of course I'm generalising and if you don't fit that profile, that doesn't make my observation any less accurate.
You just described most everyone that ever buys anything. Ask droid users (or PC users) the same query and you'll get the same responses. Most people will cite memes they've picked up on. Only a minority will give you individually reasoned responses. MOST people do not spend time trying to make an assessment of the pros and cons of the choices they make. This is why humanity is a mess.

Yet, lots of people actually do think of the pros and cons! But never mind that; you don't want to hear about the exceptions to the norm, because you're too wrapped up in focusing on only one portion of the mindless masses so you can continue stereotyping Apple customers for some reason.

I've known the type of mindless cult-like asshole you seem dead set on proving is the norm among Mac users. Luckily, they're actually way less common than you seem to think. Those of us who are reasonable people also think those people are assholes. Droid users and PC users also consist of some of that exact same type of mentality, because they're human, subject to human failings.

But keep generalizing entire swaths of people into the dichotomy of "Mac idiots" vs "everyone else who is smart enough to use PCs", or whatever your thing is, if it makes you feel comfortable in your distorted worldview. It's only human, after all...

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/the-mo ... rain-ever/
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

BONES wrote: Simply stating a fact.
No. And if you are really this confused about what a word is, ask an adult or at least someone that can look it up for you and explain it (also cf., this word 'observation'). That is you stating your disposition where you figure that 'Mac users' are the bane of your existence or at least something to get really exercised about, enough to be driven to insult your colleagues here rather widely, at least.
BONES wrote:What you will never hear is "I made an informed assessment of all my options and iPhone came out as the best choice for my needs". Apple users simply don't think like that. And yes, of course I'm generalising and if you don't fit that profile, that doesn't make my observation any less accurate.
Well, 'Apple users' is either factual or it's this other thing. How many have you interviewed during this study? Where is your study published, in that case? Smells like bullshit.

I don't have an iPhone. I don't have any of those devices, or even a 'burner phone'. I was a Windows user for over 5 yrs before I bought a Mac. And at the end of the day, it was quite a lot less hassle to use a Mac for music work.
At that time, early 2006, Mac OS (10.2) was still something with some stuff running in background, processes you may just want to kill, which was one-step using Process Wizard. It is rather a fact that the OSes had cycles-consuming things running which might (Windows-case, surely WERE) slow the machine the f**k down. Windows had all of this legacy shite which could be killed in the, what's that thing which OSX does not have... registry. Which were known to slow things down because it was part of processes.

Then, Windows was just FUGLY. They may have noticed this: I remember using some VISTA-installed machines at the U of AZ computer lab or computer basement back in 2008 (and I'll never forget the yellow police tape around the Windows boxes there once it was realized the OS had... some issues that would take some time to address) which had teh new Graphics and they sure seemed to want to emulate some of the easier-on-the-eyes of OSX then. And I've seen W8, more of this. I think it's not inconceivable that this, the ugly, will have been enough for me to abandon that shite.

I'm not a coder or anything on the order of that. But I AM an informed user of computers and OSs for the purpose of digital audio and DAW-oriented music making, iPhone users you have actual data on :?: notwithstanding.
lol

zenophilix wrote:
jancivil wrote:

Really though, people spend far too much time concerned about what other people use. I don't care if you use a Mac, it works for you. :dog:
Gracias por su permiso.

All kidding aside, I'm not the one that cares what someone uses. I was trolling the obvious trolling.

jancivil wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
jancivil wrote:

Gracias por su permiso.

All kidding aside, I'm not the one that cares what someone uses. I was trolling the obvious trolling.
Oh no, I agree with you. Especially on the previous post, there's literally no reason why anyone should have a problem with you using a Mac if it works better for your needs, especially if you've already used Windows for 5 years. Some people just have too much time on their hands.

jancivil wrote:That is you stating your disposition where you figure that 'Mac users' are the bane of your existence or at least something to get really exercised about, enough to be driven to insult your colleagues here rather widely, at least.
Why would I care? If other people want to be stupid, it doesn't matter to me in the slightest but, at the same time, I'm not going to have any respect for them, either.
Well, 'Apple users' is either factual or it's this other thing. How many have you interviewed during this study? Where is your study published, in that case? Smells like bullshit.
Oh, so if someone publishes something, then it becomes fact but until that time, all the data itself is bullshit? Interesting perspective.
I don't have any of those devices, or even a 'burner phone'. I was a Windows user for over 5 yrs before I bought a Mac. And at the end of the day, it was quite a lot less hassle to use a Mac for music work.
In what way? Because I can tell you that using a Mac for motion graphics and 3D is infinitely more hassle than using a PC, to the point that it would never even occur to me to try.
At that time, early 2006, Mac OS (10.2) was still something with some stuff running in background, processes you may just want to kill, which was one-step using Process Wizard. It is rather a fact that the OSes had cycles-consuming things running which might (Windows-case, surely WERE) slow the machine the f**k down. Windows had all of this legacy shite which could be killed in the, what's that thing which OSX does not have... registry. Which were known to slow things down because it was part of processes.
So what you are saying is that you could kill background processes in OSX and you could kill background processes in Windows. So what point are you trying to make? What you fail to mention is that even with all those background processes running, a $3000 Windows computer will still run rings around a $3000 Mac with all of those processes not running. It's an irrelevant distraction that you seem to have got hung up on, which I have never given a moment's thought to. Of course, since then Windows has reduced the number of background processes by around 70% and now uses fewer system resources than macOS.

Then, Windows was just FUGLY. They may have noticed this: I remember using some VISTA-installed machines at the U of AZ computer lab or computer basement back in 2008 (and I'll never forget the yellow police tape around the Windows boxes there once it was realized the OS had... some issues that would take some time to address) which had teh new Graphics and they sure seemed to want to emulate some of the easier-on-the-eyes of OSX then. And I've seen W8, more of this. I think it's not inconceivable that this, the ugly, will have been enough for me to abandon that shite.
I really liked how Vista looked, way better than OS X or any version of Windows prior to Win10, although most of the time I ran XP with the Zune theme, which was even better. VIsta's look inspired the UIs of my Nitrous synths, which I am still very happy with.

You see, there's an essential difference between Mac and PC - if there is some aspect of your PC that you don't like, you can change it. e.g. Yes, if you left Win8 to it's own devices it would end up looking like an iPhone home screen, which looks like a Fisher Price toy, but if you wanted to you could customise the hell out of it and in a few minutes have it looking exactly the way you wanted it to. Win 10 has less customisation but also less need for it, as it is a much nicer looking OS out of the box.

OTOH, if you don't like the way macOS looks, stiff, you have no other choice, but it seems to me that most Apple users actually see choice as a bad thing, as though they are afraid to be left to make their own decisions. Strange but true.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

FL Studio

BONES wrote:Why would I care? If other people want to be stupid, it doesn't matter to me in the slightest but, at the same time, I'm not going to have any respect for them, either.
You would seriously lose respect for someone just because they prefer to work on a different platform?

That's unbelievably petty. Sorry, but it is.

He doesn't care but we have multiple posts insulting the Mac users as stupid. I don't look to someone like you BONES, for validation of my intelligence. You work out why that'd be, genius.

BONES wrote:
Oh, so if someone publishes something, then it becomes fact but until that time, all the data itself is bullshit? Interesting perspective.
You posted data? The point I was making (you aren't interested in that, are you) was that you walked back Apple Users as this particular thing by saying 'if you aren't part of this profile'. Either "Apple users do this" is true or it isn't. I'm not doing this thing you accuse me of at all. Again you seem very desperate, twisting a statement out of all proportion. And just fyi, one can publish something that is not true at all. What has to happen before it's science we can rely on is published by a reputable scientific journal and peer-reviewed. :idiot:
BONES wrote:
So what you are saying is that you could kill background processes in OSX and you could kill background processes in Windows. So what point are you trying to make? What you fail to mention...
What I fail to mention is stuff that you brought in which has nothing to do with the actual point, which was AT THE TIME I was killing processes the hard way and then I was killing processes the easy way. A very big difference which you don't know from because obviously you have never used a Mac. And talk about desperate to seem right, even if it's only going to travel to you reading the shit back. Which even that is something to wonder about.
BONES wrote: OTOH, if you don't like the way macOS looks, stiff, you have no other choice, but it seems to me that most Apple users actually see choice as a bad thing, as though they are afraid to be left to make their own decisions. Strange but true.
There you are again acting like you are working with the factual rather than whatever it is in your head. There is one thing you showed me here: that you have no idea about Mac OS. I like most of it, and there is nothing hideous - for me; again, my viewpoint just as yours is just your viewpoint, "stiff" - in it like Windows was. If not, there are things I can in fact do. If you're arguing you can totally redesign the GUI in Windows, I don't care in the least, it's not my interest. I'm in computers to do music. I found that it was less of a hassle then and in myriad ways now to do it so my choice was clear at that time. I don't care to explore what's changed, but I know I'm not dealing with umpteen things (Run as Administrator confusion, eg) I see here pretty frequently.

Nice try (I'm being facetious). :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”