What third-party brands are those recommended by "tracktion" for use in "waveform"?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What third-party brands are those recommended by "tracktion" for use in "waveform"? This talking about vst, vsti, midi driver, equipment, hardware that helps to work in "waveform".
Last edited by Yombol on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Its tracktion... Sorry.

In that case, the answer is probably that the Tracktion people offer no recommendations. However, a trawl through posts on the forum will reveal products which have given problems when users have tried to use them with Waveform. For plug-ins, the Tracktion will often talk to the plug-in authors to try to resolve problems, but this process can sometimes take a long time.

For Waveform 9 onwards, you must have a 64-bit computer.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I don't think they have any recommended products, as they seem to be doing their best to comply with industry standards.

I have had pretty much everything I own work with Tracktion. The only odd thing is that some plugins work better as VST2 or VST3, but not both. That is easy to resolve by hiding the one that has issues in the plugin manager.

There is another thread about Waveform problem plugins you may wish to visit. There is a known issue with some Waves plugins that the devs are researching with Waves.

I have no problems with any of the Waves 64-bit VST3 plugin versions that I have been using with Waveform v9.1.1.

But the Waves VST2 issues range from broken UIs to crashing Waveform when inserting them. So I have just hidden all of the Waves VST2 plugins, and moved on.

Any hardware should work, for example any controller that sends MIDI messages should function with Waveform.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I noticed many very random happened crashes after inserting FX, but I do not know, if this was really the plugin, which caused the crash or if Waveform simply gets unstable the more you add...

I notice these crashes only if the project grows... i.e. got crashes, where Waveform told me, it was caused by Fabfilter Pro-Q2...
But I can use it 99% of the time without any problems... and I never get any crashes by inserting "problem" plugins in blank or minimal projects...

Perhaps it´s the best idea to list the plugins you never experienced any problems with...

My approach is that if I get a crash with a plugin in a host, then I use a different plugin. Or if I really love the plugin, then I use a different host.

Unless all of the hardware, DAWs, and plugins are controlled by one company, you will have incompatibilities and bugs. I realize that there are standards to follow, but there is leeway in how some of them get interpreted. And it is not possible to lab test for every possible usage scenario out in the real world. So there will always be bugs in any software, depending on how and where it is used.

That is why it is very important that any bug reports to tech support (anybody, not just Tracktion) include the exact step by step procedure to reproduce a crash or bug. If the developer cannot reproduce the exact same problem in the lab, he cannot fix it. That's just the way it is. They will probably never solve a bug based on a vague description. That would require superpowers.

The problem is, that these crashes appear completely randomly...

I have no chance to recreate this... at different times in the progress, with different plugins...

Everything works completely fine and boom Waveform disappears completely in a blink of an eye...
Sometimes by inserting a plugin, sometimes after executing different actions... as I said completely randomly...

I know, it´s nearly impossible for the devs to react to a report like this, but this is all I can say...
Perhaps, there should be somekind of tracker integrated to be able to investigate these crashes afterwards...

Trancit wrote:The problem is, that these crashes appear completely randomly...

I have no chance to recreate this... at different times in the progress, with different plugins...

Everything works completely fine and boom Waveform disappears completely in a blink of an eye...
Sometimes by inserting a plugin, sometimes after executing different actions... as I said completely randomly...

I know, it´s nearly impossible for the devs to react to a report like this, but this is all I can say...
Perhaps, there should be somekind of tracker integrated to be able to investigate these crashes afterwards...
Well the first step would be to open a support request. The devs do check in here, but the forum is not the official support channel.

Submit a request
https://tracktion.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Tracktion”