Tracktion midi loop audio

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently installed the free Tracktion T6.
I have dragged a midi loop, from the internet, to a track but am
not hearing the track when I play it.
I believe I have to assign the midi loop track to an instrument.
Or maybe I need to take some other steps.
Could someone please walk me through how to do this.
Manuals and videos have not helped. Thanks.

You can either assign it to an instrument plugin or to a midi output, where a hardware synth is connected.
For the first alternative, you should drag an instrument plugin to the track, just before the volume control.
For using an external synth, you need to assign the track to a midi output and select a suitable midi channel in the clip.

I don't think Tracktion 6 came with a built-in drumkit; but there are lots of free .vst for drumkits; but you may have to try a few to get the sound you want. Some are mimick'd beat boxes, some with a single drum kit style; some with "tunable" drum pitches. MT Power Drumkit also includes a sort of built-in library of internal loops; although there's no way to get a 3/4 or 5/8 pattern with it's internal loops. (It also will function as a decent drumkit to your MIDI loops).

Watch out, though, for the 32- or 64-bit versions. Some of the (older) .vst only came in 32-bit; some have 32 and 64 bit versions available. They have to match the version of Tracktion you're running. T6 comes with both; but if you update to the Waveform 9, you can only run 64-bit plugins.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Return to “Tracktion”