Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACID Pro 8

Acid pro was by far, and is by far, the easiest DAW Ive ever used for arrangment (of electronica) everything just seems to fall into place. I currently use Live and Nuendo , Max msp and Flstudio,

Dreamw wrote:Acid pro was by far, and is by far, the easiest DAW Ive ever used for arrangment (of electronica) everything just seems to fall into place. I currently use Live and Nuendo , Max msp and Flstudio,
this

it's completely serving and feeding my utalitarian syndrome
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ

Anyone else on here still using Acid?
i still find it really useful partcularly as rewire. it's strange to see that it's back in development... i hope that there will be development and not just new gui...
i hope magix sort out the midi aspect.

I just read most but not all of this thread so I hope I'm not repeating stuff. I picked up Acid Pro 7 amongst a bunch of other products in the recent Humble deal. Reason 10 is my main daw but I also use Samplitude Pro X3 and dabble in Sonar X3 and Studio One 3, and have low end copies of Cubase 9.5 and Ableton Live 8. Each one has pros and cons, but I've found Acid the easiest product *by far* to make sample based music, to the extent that the first time I started it I created a project called 'test', as I always do, but that actually became a real production rather than an experiment. I will definitely be hoping for a cheap entry point to v8.

The thing that Magix does better than most of the others is discount - hence the Humble deal, the second one they've done recently. Sure, Ableton is way better than Pro 7 for EDM, but at a price. Magix are mostly box shifters, and they're quite good at that, so they might sell a lot of copies of v8 at the right price, and still make a profit. The down side is the crappy support - I couldn't even contact the sales team, let alone support, last time I tried.

this website is already selling it: http://www.sharbor.com/acid-pro-8.html is this legitemate since is not avaliable yet on Magix website?

After a quick google and reading other forum comments they seem legit
U4Ya wrote:this website is already selling it: http://www.sharbor.com/acid-pro-8.html is this legitemate since is not avaliable yet on Magix website?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Article about acid pro 8, release date: april 23rd 2018

https://ask.audio/articles/magix-announ ... indows-daw

I bet none of the plugins work outside of Acid

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I bet none of the plugins work outside of Acid
Don't bet... You may lose :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

Ok, Acid Pro 8 has landed...

fmr wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:I bet none of the plugins work outside of Acid
Don't bet... You may lose :hihi:
Im guessing this as none of the bundled Samplitude ones do, and it would be cheaper to get Acid than the plugins alone, which wouldn't make financial sense

inkwarp wrote:Anyone else on here still using Acid?
Yep, but not the DAW :wheee:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

pekbro wrote:Ok, Acid Pro 8 has landed...
Landed but not delivered?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote:
pekbro wrote:Ok, Acid Pro 8 has landed...
Landed but not delivered?
Nope, anyone who is getting it with a recent Acid 7 purchase will
get a key in an email within a week. For now you can run the
demo, sans content (you can use the content from Ver 7 though).

Anyway, I got that from the MAGIX forum. I believe it was the
same with SoundForge 12. :shrug:

BTW: the UI change seems permanent, there is no longer a
light option. HAHA! That's likely to chap some asses. :D

Of course it could be that I just have no idea how to do it...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”