Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
ATS
KVRAF

5584 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:18 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Damnit why didn't we get it right when it was released! Why on earth did I buy it early then? This really sucks. :x
pekbro
KVRAF

1832 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:01 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Yeah that sucks... For me the point of an early purchase was to save some money,
which I did, about $60. I cant complain too much.
pekbro
KVRAF

Postby pekbro; Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:17 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Ok, got my serial number already...
ShawnMH
KVRist

31 posts since 3 Jun, 2016

Postby ShawnMH; Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:32 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Bought it, dl'd it, installed it without a hitch before going to work.

Demo tune played perfectly, interface was recognized and worked correctly with A8, all plugins scanned without issue (fast!).

I am going to have to give it a good run through to see what is fixed and/or improved from A7.

I got a voucher/code for some loops and I got those, but I am not sure where the 9 GB of loops/content is (Audio Express announcement article)?

Going to have to see what VIs and effects are there as well. I saw Vandal, and some effects listed (not sure what/which ones).

I hope midi is at least a bit better. If not, I am still happy to have Acid back for its non-imposing layout and ease of loop production abilities. I've got other programs for midi.

64 bit is a great deal as well.
paulyuk6
KVRer

2 posts since 17 Dec, 2005

Postby paulyuk6; Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:33 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

The free 9Gb of loops/content are downloaded directly within the Acid Pro 8 program itself.
Just start up Acid Pro 8, go to the HELP menu and you'll see the Download Instruments & Loop Collections as the bottom item.

I know this because I just did it myself!

Paul
billybk1
KVRist

431 posts since 2 Sep, 2001, from Atlanta, GA

Postby billybk1; Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:53 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

ShawnMH wrote:Bought it, dl'd it, installed it without a hitch before going to work.

Demo tune played perfectly, interface was recognized and worked correctly with A8, all plugins scanned without issue (fast!).

Yeah, I did the same this morning before I left for work. The download, install and authorization was a breeze. It quickly did a default 64-bit VST scan as I first opened up AP8 (which auto loaded the demo project, which is quite a catchy tune) and it played perfectly straight away. I quickly went into the Preferences and adjusted to my DAW setup (Apollo ASIO drivers, folder locations, external controllers, add'l VST folders, etc..) and did another VST scan which only took a few minutes without any hiccups. I was pleasantly surprised given I have over 800 64bit VST plugins from a wide variety of vendors ( UAD, Softube, Slate, Izotope, WAVES, Native Instruments, IKM, etc). I was not able to do too much before I had to leave for the day, but my first impressions are very positive. AP8 64bit seemed quite responsive and fast on my Win 10 64bit DAW (i7 4770). I used ACID Pro a lot back in the day, but had stopped using it (and most other 32bit apps/plugins) once I went all 64bit on my DAW. Nice to have AP back in the stable again. My X-Touch controller is working nicely with AP8 as well! I was not sure how I would like the new darker GUI, but now having experienced it first hand, I am really liking it now. I still need to dig in some more, but so far so good. 8)
I'm on the road to Sonic Nirvana
REAPER.....your DAW on a keychain! Don't leave home without it!
Visit me on ACIDPlanet
ShawnMH
KVRist

31 posts since 3 Jun, 2016

Postby ShawnMH; Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:02 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

paulyuk6 wrote:The free 9Gb of loops/content are downloaded directly within the Acid Pro 8 program itself.
Just start up Acid Pro 8, go to the HELP menu and you'll see the Download Instruments & Loop Collections as the bottom item.

I know this because I just did it myself!

Paul

I am pretty sure my program content was only 358 mbs or something like that, I definitely didn't download any 9 gigabytes, that would have taken quite a bit longer and I surely would have noticed. I did download the content I was able to get with the voucher coupon, and that was 2 GB, and that took way longer than the program did itself.

EDIT:
Ok, now I see what you are saying. I read just your first sentence fast - and misunderstood what you wrote (while I was at work). Thanks, and good to know where the loops are at :tu:
Last edited by ShawnMH on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
satYatunes
KVRAF

1905 posts since 22 Aug, 2006, from Charlotte

Postby satYatunes; Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:32 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

So they discontinued the Acid Music Studio version? I don't see it anywhere on their site. No upgrade options either.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
UI/Skins for Melda Plugins, Hive, Dune 2, Patchwork, Tracktion and many more > Commercial and free Soundsets and VST Skins
Music - Soundcloud | Album - Memoirs of World Traveler
inkwarp
KVRian

621 posts since 16 Jan, 2012, from UK

Postby inkwarp; Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:47 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

the trail does not include the 9gb library ( obviously).
so here is a day i didn't think would come..
downloading it for nostalgia's sake : )
rpnz79
KVRist

45 posts since 23 Feb, 2006

Postby rpnz79; Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:56 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Just downloaded & installed the trial.
Wow. lightning-fast workflow. me like :-)

would be nice to have the ability to change interface like in Vegas Pro tho;

filkertom
KVRian

812 posts since 20 Aug, 2005, from Ann Arbor, MI

Postby filkertom; Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:06 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Let's hope they have the Interface Type option in an update soon.

Just downloaded the demo and am goofing with it. Now I remember why I loved this damn program so much. The only thing close to it is Reaper. Setting up instruments like Kontakt and Aria is so much easier in Acid. But now, I can actually use all the RAM in my machine!
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9
Kraznet
KVRian

1017 posts since 11 Jun, 2004, from London

Postby Kraznet; Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:36 am Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Can anyone open the Media Manager? It tells me it's not installed.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet
toonertik
KVRist

295 posts since 15 Feb, 2017

Postby toonertik; Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 pm Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Kraznet wrote:Can anyone open the Media Manager? It tells me it's not installed.

Isn't the Media Manager a separate install as I think it worked with the various programs.. Vegas and Acid and maybe even SoundForge.
inkwarp
KVRian

621 posts since 16 Jan, 2012, from UK

Postby inkwarp; Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:28 pm Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

media manager has always been optional..
can't check for sure as it won't install for me...
near the end of install a pop up appears and says 'rolling back action'.
so frustrating : (
anyone any ideas?
pekbro
KVRAF

Postby pekbro; Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:44 pm Re: Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Yeah no media manager here as well. Btw: it’s not possible to designate the loop collection install location. Even when running the installer on your own. It offers a custom install then just goes ahead on its own. I had to do it with sym links.

Just sayin.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)