Roland JV-1080 finally, as virtual instrument!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Roland Cloud

Ben H wrote:
beely wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:And here's a clue, for the faint of mind. One doesn't need to have run a company to have an opinion about good business strategy :tu:
True - everyone's entitled to an ill-informed opinion... ;)
Just put him on mute. I know I certainly have after reading through some of his other trollish posts.
In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

Me challenging your contention that Ben from Camel Audio betrayed you is not trollish behaviour. But I'm glad you've found a solution.

First sorry to ask (again). I sadly have still my xv-5080 not connected anymore on my new setup and maybe i wont. I bought the d550 (sold), jd-990 (hopefully to sell when the vst is released) abd xv-5080 because of the unique sounds and these were used by so many composers i recognize in the 80s/90s. I only played some siunds on the d550 and i loved it but the shit cables and setup i never liked also the whole preset management etc. Of coursr what do you think. These are units where music production in a box wasnt there or very thin.
Same for jd990. Played through some sounds but using in a project was too fiddky also the editing of patches. The 3rd party progs to edit them never worked fine for me.

So. To make it short. The xv5080 is also lovely. But! Rolandcloud only released the jv 1080. How far could it replace my hardware unit?
Im only interested in the presets and
A. How many presets/banks are missing?
B. Could/can these be added/converted?

If a and b could be resolved i could hopefully sell my xv5080 too. Many thx!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

All the XV-5080 sample data is in the JV-1080 plugin. Not all effects seem to match, though, I think.

EvilDragon wrote:All the XV-5080 sample data is in the JV-1080 plugin. Not all effects seem to match, though, I think.
The synth engine of the JV-1080 plugin is mostly identical to the XV-5080 (including the XV-5080 sample set) while the FXs are those from the Fantom X.

You could see it also that way that it is similar to the Fantom X PCM engine and FXs but with a different sample set.

Last but not least the SRX Orchestra plugin is similar to the JV-1080 plugoin but with the additional SRX samples (as a second samples bank besides the JV-1080 plugin samples) and different factory presets while the JV-1080 plugin presets are not fully compatible. Beely had converted the JV-1080 presets to be used in the SRX Orchestra plugin.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Still no bin. converter ?

FoyMania wrote:Still no bin. converter ?
Not yet, sorry... Soon, hopefully! :)

Be more respectful! Wtf really. Beely is putting his efforts in and is no roland customer support.
U can ask nicer.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Well i'm sorry I was just asking in general , not rushing or anything like that, just haven't heard about it in awhile that's all. You need to think about the fact that not all of us are "pro's". All I can do is ask a question, because i'm new to all this . No disrespect Beely

beely wrote:
Came here to see any news about that. Also not rushing just asking how close we are. On top of it maybe someone already asked on Roland facebook for such thing ? I am aware this will make your bin converter kinda obsolete but i am sure you at least improved your code and synth programming skills looking into it.

I don't have facebook but one KVR fella pointed out for me that Roland is a bit more active in some sort of Facebook group.

Maybe someone already asked there and got their official response on that? Like do we get JV1080 sysex import in the future? Afaik they added sysex import in D50 after D50 vsti was released.

kmonkey wrote: Like do we get JV1080 sysex import in the future? Afaik they added sysex import in D50 after D50 vsti was released.
I do remember reading "sysex import" on the SRX Orchestra page the day they released it but then removed the mention immediately after it. It's always this kind of vagueness with Roland lol.

sinemotor wrote:
kmonkey wrote: Like do we get JV1080 sysex import in the future? Afaik they added sysex import in D50 after D50 vsti was released.
I do remember reading "sysex import" on the SRX Orchestra page the day they released it but then removed the mention immediately after it. It's always this kind of vagueness with Roland lol.
Oh damn that's unfortunate. Fingers crossed that they will release it for JV1080. It would be a shame because there's so much good stuff in sysex.

Well we can always hope for sysex to bin from Mr. beely :hyper:

Does anyone know how to get the Vintage expansion card (and the others as well) in virtual instrument form?

Those were the sounds I used the most on my original JV-1080, and I was hoping Roland would include them in the Cloud version. But they haven't, right?

You can't get it in virtual instrument form so far.

JV 1080 vst bug ...in fact it's an integra 7 bug ....
Could someone check the followng .

-Initialize patch and enable first Two partials , make sure these are differnet ..so the result is obvious ).
-Go to PMT (partial mix table ..in thejv this was called the TMT tone mix table )
-for partial 1 set lower velo(city) range to 1 and upper velocity range to 60 ( fade lower and upper stays at zero)
-for partial 2 set lower velocity range to 60 and upper velocity range to 127 ( fade lower/upper = 0 )
-Set PMT Velocity control to 'CYCLE ' ; this way which each key press it alternates between the 2 partials .

Now when adjusting the second partial's Velo 'FADE' lower to a value bigger then zero , the alternating stops .
The velo fade for the second parttila must exceed 61 , pref .127 in order to hear partial 2 clearly .
Can this be confirmed on the jv1080 cloud version ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hello Beely,

Any news about your converter ?

C.
beely wrote:

Return to “Instruments”