Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACID Pro 8

Damnit why didn't we get it right when it was released! Why on earth did I buy it early then? This really sucks. :x
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Yeah that sucks... For me the point of an early purchase was to save some money,
which I did, about $60. I cant complain too much.

Ok, got my serial number already...

Bought it, dl'd it, installed it without a hitch before going to work.

Demo tune played perfectly, interface was recognized and worked correctly with A8, all plugins scanned without issue (fast!).

I am going to have to give it a good run through to see what is fixed and/or improved from A7.

I got a voucher/code for some loops and I got those, but I am not sure where the 9 GB of loops/content is (Audio Express announcement article)?

Going to have to see what VIs and effects are there as well. I saw Vandal, and some effects listed (not sure what/which ones).

I hope midi is at least a bit better. If not, I am still happy to have Acid back for its non-imposing layout and ease of loop production abilities. I've got other programs for midi.

64 bit is a great deal as well.

The free 9Gb of loops/content are downloaded directly within the Acid Pro 8 program itself.
Just start up Acid Pro 8, go to the HELP menu and you'll see the Download Instruments & Loop Collections as the bottom item.

I know this because I just did it myself!

Paul

ShawnMH wrote:Bought it, dl'd it, installed it without a hitch before going to work.

Demo tune played perfectly, interface was recognized and worked correctly with A8, all plugins scanned without issue (fast!).
Yeah, I did the same this morning before I left for work. The download, install and authorization was a breeze. It quickly did a default 64-bit VST scan as I first opened up AP8 (which auto loaded the demo project, which is quite a catchy tune) and it played perfectly straight away. I quickly went into the Preferences and adjusted to my DAW setup (Apollo ASIO drivers, folder locations, external controllers, add'l VST folders, etc..) and did another VST scan which only took a few minutes without any hiccups. I was pleasantly surprised given I have over 800 64bit VST plugins from a wide variety of vendors ( UAD, Softube, Slate, Izotope, WAVES, Native Instruments, IKM, etc). I was not able to do too much before I had to leave for the day, but my first impressions are very positive. AP8 64bit seemed quite responsive and fast on my Win 10 64bit DAW (i7 4770). I used ACID Pro a lot back in the day, but had stopped using it (and most other 32bit apps/plugins) once I went all 64bit on my DAW. Nice to have AP back in the stable again. My X-Touch controller is working nicely with AP8 as well! I was not sure how I would like the new darker GUI, but now having experienced it first hand, I am really liking it now. I still need to dig in some more, but so far so good. 8)
I'm on the road to Sonic Nirvana
REAPER.....your DAW on a keychain! Don't leave home without it!
Visit me on ACIDPlanet

paulyuk6 wrote:The free 9Gb of loops/content are downloaded directly within the Acid Pro 8 program itself.
Just start up Acid Pro 8, go to the HELP menu and you'll see the Download Instruments & Loop Collections as the bottom item.

I know this because I just did it myself!

Paul
I am pretty sure my program content was only 358 mbs or something like that, I definitely didn't download any 9 gigabytes, that would have taken quite a bit longer and I surely would have noticed. I did download the content I was able to get with the voucher coupon, and that was 2 GB, and that took way longer than the program did itself.

EDIT:
Ok, now I see what you are saying. I read just your first sentence fast - and misunderstood what you wrote (while I was at work). Thanks, and good to know where the loops are at :tu:
Last edited by ShawnMH on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So they discontinued the Acid Music Studio version? I don't see it anywhere on their site. No upgrade options either.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

the trail does not include the 9gb library ( obviously).
so here is a day i didn't think would come..
downloading it for nostalgia's sake : )

Just downloaded & installed the trial.
Wow. lightning-fast workflow. me like :-)

would be nice to have the ability to change interface like in Vegas Pro tho;

Let's hope they have the Interface Type option in an update soon.

Just downloaded the demo and am goofing with it. Now I remember why I loved this damn program so much. The only thing close to it is Reaper. Setting up instruments like Kontakt and Aria is so much easier in Acid. But now, I can actually use all the RAM in my machine!
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9

Can anyone open the Media Manager? It tells me it's not installed.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Kraznet wrote:Can anyone open the Media Manager? It tells me it's not installed.
Isn't the Media Manager a separate install as I think it worked with the various programs.. Vegas and Acid and maybe even SoundForge.

media manager has always been optional..
can't check for sure as it won't install for me...
near the end of install a pop up appears and says 'rolling back action'.
so frustrating : (
anyone any ideas?

Yeah no media manager here as well. Btw: it’s not possible to designate the loop collection install location. Even when running the installer on your own. It offers a custom install then just goes ahead on its own. I had to do it with sym links.

Just sayin.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”