Behringer X-Touch Compact support

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I bought an X-Touch Compact lately... those 2x8 push encoders with LED rings + 9 motor faders were just too tempting ;).

I wrote a script for it that lets me control most anything (Volume, Pans, Sends, Selected channel's Sends, Device Remote Controls and 48 freely assignable UserControls) flexibly on the faders or encoders wherever I want them to be. Also lockable (pinnable) to a channel and/or device (or device's RC page). Just in case someone's interested:

https://github.com/justlep/bitwig/blob/ ... /README.md

It's a Behringer and may not be the perfect controller hardware-wise (slippy caps I replaced with better ones, noisy faders on automation, but then again I can just switch automation-heavy stuff onto the encoders anytime, or mute the faders altogether). Overall, a quite usable controller to me.

Cheers

Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone know if this still work for bitwig 3.3?

I've only had a short glance at the 3.3.3 demo, but the script seemed to do its job. That is, no errors or odd behaviors in my quicktest.

However, I'm still only in 3.2.8, fed up with the update policy, so I can't tell for sure how the script behaves in "real world usage" in latest Bitwig, sorry.

Sounds good. I'll give it a go and see how I get on. Thanks for the work you put into it :tu:

Return to “Controller Scripting”