TAL Mod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

Autobot wrote:
gentleclockdivider wrote:FM: Not a bug
Filter : Of course no filter and thus no bug , you disabled the filter input processing for the oscilators
I know that the filter processing is disabled :ud: I predicted that the OSC/Noise got muted and not directly routed to to the output.
Just zero the volume of the noise to achieve this(or any other oscillator) to mute it (or dont select a waveform, if you want to keep the volume setting for whatever reason, like edit/compare the patch with/without this/these oscillator(s) at that precise volume)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Gonna bump here .
Really dislike the attenuation of the resonant peak when filter exceeds 14 khz ( no drive enabled ) .
Really needs more aggresive resonance , diiferent toplogy's mayeb , sh101 , sallen key etc...
I also suspct that most of the building blocks com straight from NOizemaker
Patrick doesn't respond to my mails , I think I 've sended too many during beta , well everyhting to make TAL-mod better .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Doesn't mean he doesn't read them.
rsp
sound sculptist

gentleclockdivider wrote:Gonna bump here .
Really dislike the attenuation of the resonant peak when filter exceeds 14 khz ( no drive enabled ) .
Really needs more aggresive resonance , diiferent toplogy's mayeb , sh101 , sallen key etc...
I also suspct that most of the building blocks com straight from NOizemaker
Patrick doesn't respond to my mails , I think I 've sended too many during beta , well everyhting to make TAL-mod better .
One should also consider the legacy side of things / Tal-mod has already some factory library presets. And more presets beeing made each day (if only here)

You can't break all of this by changing the behaviour of existing parameters, and passed a certain point, even additoional parameters and features are hard to place on an UI/GUI. Also Tal said earlier in this post -iirc-, and also to me by email, that the features list is probably closed now.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

just some addiotional filter models from the dropdown list , no need to mess with the gui
Eyeball exchanging

I totally understand that he won't include any new features for the time being. Otherwise it would never get finished...
It is enough to fix any bugs that may still exist and maybe improve the GUI, which does not affect presets.

I doubt it was ever meant to be a super-complete synth that does it all. Reasonable limitations are good limitations.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I totally understand that he won't include any new features for the time being. Otherwise it would never get finished...
It is enough to fix any bugs that may still exist and maybe improve the GUI, which does not affect presets.

I doubt it was ever meant to be a super-complete synth that does it all. Reasonable limitations are good limitations.
I fully agree.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Mercee baughcourt (sorry, my French is a bit rusty, which is a euphemism for non-existent) 8)

^ merci beaucoup <----
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

That's what I said 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I totally understand that he won't include any new features for the time being. Otherwise it would never get finished...

yup, if its missing something. do it with something else. :lol:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

This guy makes this awesome synth, charges a reasonable price for it, and forum goons be all "it's OK but really it needs a Sallen Key filter model."

FFS. I understand feature requests, sure, but getting that specific with your demands is absurd, especially when this territory is already covered (e.g. go play with Diva, if that's what you want. Tal-Mod doesn't need it at all).

I love the filter how it is now. I'm thrilled, even, that there are TWO filters and the serial / parallel routings options, which means all kinds of sound design possibilities.

I'd just like to see the various bugs fixed, and I'll be 100% happy with it.

mholloway wrote:This guy makes this awesome synth, charges a reasonable price for it, and forum goons be all "it's OK but really it needs a Sallen Key filter model."
Very well said. This synth is a jewel and people are still complaining about this and that. I already made some very unique sounds with it and its fine sounding filter - these sounds alone are worth the price for me. I mailed Patrick about features I also wished, but understand his goal to tame the complexity and won't bother him anymore.

NOt complaing , just asking for a sallen key filter
I'm happy with talmod .
Eyeball exchanging

fluffy_little_something wrote:That's what I said 8)
Well almost :D
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”