Fragile Gods - "Falling"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I seem to be moving in a poppier direction with this song which includes backing vocals by the talented Aika Zabala.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6EkRpZDwAU

https://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/falling

Synths: Repro-5, Monark, M-Tron Pro, Icarus, BFD3

The lyrics are on Soundcloud. Any feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by Frantz on Mon May 21, 2018 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

the good: i said, i said, that was funky! it gets more catchy the more you play it.
the bad: that pop snare just didn't fit well, imo.. it was too loud and had too much of a low-midrange tone that really took over the mix when it was popping away. there was a part towards the end 3:03-3:52 where it was not present. I would have enjoyed the song with that snare tone from that section played throughout.

i dunno, prob just me. if no one else says anything about it, i'll stfu. lol
Last edited by layzer on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I really like the pre-chorus, it's very catchy. The chorus too, but it's the pre-chorus for me that does it. The verses are pretty tethered and then all of a suddenly we're going on a little journey.

Love some of those synth sounds...great combos as usual...nicely judged.

What's the lead at 34 seconds? fascinating sound!

Strong vocal performance...very appropriate for the genre.

Backing vocals add a new dimension...they work in lifting it all that little bit further.

Love the contrasting section from 3min 05 secs.

Production is quite big and spacious, but suitably punchy as well.

Great retro track!

The snare that Layzer mentioned: I don't have a problem with the actual sound at all, but thought that it might be very slightly too high in the mix...did start to penetrate my head a little after a second listen.

An all around great tune. Interesting lyrics that were easily understandable and a it had a good hook. From what songs with vocals I’ve heard on this site those sorts of things can be a weakness.

That singer does breath life into the song.

I would concure that the snare was a little high in the mix but maybe not for dance, just listening?

It's annoying how crippled SoundCloud is on mobile browsers. Not your fault. Just complaining because I wanted to see the lyrics without going to my desktop ;-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

layzer wrote:the good: i said, i said, that was funky! it gets more catchy the more you play it.
the bad: that pop snare just didn't fit well, imo.. it was too loud and had too much of a low-midrange tone that really took over the mix when it was popping away. there was a part towards the end 3:03-3:52 where it was not present. I would have enjoyed the song with that snare tone from that section played throughout.
Glad you liked it. I appreciate feedback like this on the mix. I will take a look at the snare and probably make an adjustment. Thanks!

Frantz,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: instrumentally, this kind of reminds me of Kraftwerk, which is good. Nice audio quality. This song has some of your better vocals (pitch accuracy is better than usual); I always liked the tone of your vocals. The background vocals definitely add something. The vocals during the chorus are probably the most full (multi-layered) I've heard from you. Nice synths and melodies. Overall, it sounds quite good! :) Did you use Icarus, or something else (copy & paste?) to trigger your quick repetition vocal sample? I got Icarus a few months ago myself.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

sjm wrote:I really like the pre-chorus, it's very catchy. The chorus too, but it's the pre-chorus for me that does it. The verses are pretty tethered and then all of a suddenly we're going on a little journey.
I like that observation about the pre-chorus. It's the point of lift off where things become un-tethered. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Frantz wrote:
sjm wrote:I really like the pre-chorus, it's very catchy. The chorus too, but it's the pre-chorus for me that does it. The verses are pretty tethered and then all of a suddenly we're going on a little journey.
I like that observation about the pre-chorus. It's the point of lift off where things become un-tethered.
Above all, it's very clever! You've taken the theme/title of the song, and puts it into a musical form. A baseline from which we then jump into weightlessness.

layzer wrote:the good: i said, i said, that was funky! it gets more catchy the more you play it.
I did a new mix with the snare lowered a bit. The new mix is in both the MP3 and Soundcloud.

Hopefully, that sounds a bit better. Thanks again for your feedback. :)

ChamMusic wrote:Love some of those synth sounds...great combos as usual...nicely judged.

What's the lead at 34 seconds? fascinating sound!

Strong vocal performance...very appropriate for the genre.

Backing vocals add a new dimension...they work in lifting it all that little bit further.

Love the contrasting section from 3min 05 secs.

Production is quite big and spacious, but suitably punchy as well.

Great retro track!

The snare that Layzer mentioned: I don't have a problem with the actual sound at all, but thought that it might be very slightly too high in the mix...did start to penetrate my head a little after a second listen.
Thank you Mark. I appreciate the detailed and encouraging feedback. The lead at 0:34 is u-he's Repro 5 - an amazing Prophet 5 emulation.

I posted a new mix with a lower snare today.

Frantz wrote: I posted a new mix with a lower snare today
Works for me!

Frantz wrote: I posted a new mix with a lower snare today
better! doesn't distract as much from the vox as before :phones: :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Jace-BeOS wrote:It's annoying how crippled SoundCloud is on mobile browsers. Not your fault. Just complaining because I wanted to see the lyrics without going to my desktop ;-)
You're in luck. Now there's a lyrics video you can watch on your phone. ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”