Can we get a Bitwig roadmap?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There have been a couple of promised features and we have no idea if they are even being worked on. I would personally like to see what my year license is going towards.

You have no year license, lol.
If you liked updates from 2.0 till 2.3 - then you should be satisfied.

Commercial software rarely has roadmaps. I think it's especially true of pro-audio anything.

be a bit stupid letting your competition know what your up to
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

turbo_kev wrote:be a bit stupid letting your competition know what your up to
Well... they allready did

turbo_kev wrote:be a bit stupid letting your competition know what your up to
That's the conventional thinking. I don't entirely buy it though.

Btw, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a roadmap.

I honestly have no idea what Bitwig is up to anymore. The features I was really sold on seem to have disappeared and I wonder if they are even being worked on anymore. Oh well.

Quack Quack wrote:I honestly have no idea what Bitwig is up to anymore. The features I was really sold on seem to have disappeared and I wonder if they are even being worked on anymore. Oh well.
Which features would those be?

pdxindy wrote:
Quack Quack wrote:I honestly have no idea what Bitwig is up to anymore. The features I was really sold on seem to have disappeared and I wonder if they are even being worked on anymore. Oh well.
Probably the modular environment?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
+ the network collaboration feature (an no, Ableton Link doesn't replace it)

u-u-u wrote:
xx JPRacer xx wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
+ the network collaboration feature (an no, Ableton Link doesn't replace it)
According to the last announcement regarding this topic - from Jan '17 - they're still committed to deliver on the modularity promise at least and v2.0 was a way to ease the users into the concept via modulators, which I think was a clever move, as it provides an intermediate step between regular DAW and very complex modular environment - sort of like Blocks in Reaktor 6.

https://www.bitwig.com/en/17/behind-the ... arity.html

But sure, it would be great to get some update on this :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

/double post/
Last edited by antic604 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast

/triple post/
Music tech enthusiast

Correct I want both the features named. Oh well better late than never.

long time since i been in here on this forum: Wanted to check if there are still people on Bitwig. I gave them up since they updated their pay modell and since they couldn´t deliver what was promised. I have nothing against stuff didn´t come as planned. But seeing where bitwig is now and the new license modell i defently am glad i left this boat. To me its funny that when i got version 1.0 they said : "Free updates, you only pay for upgrades." Now what do i think is funny about this. Well no one ever got to pay for a upgrade before switching to the new model. Meaning everyone who bought version 1 was f**king screwed. Hahaha me included.

Only upgrade/update plans that last for 12 months. Also the hefty price for this daw is beyond rediciolous. 169 is a lot for 12 months updates/upgrades. What do i mean... Well it´s still only version 2 and people allready paid 169 usd- Maybe next version off bitwig isnt out next year either. thats another 169 and by the time bitwig 3 comes out you have spent 169*2 or 169*3 or 169*4. What about the verison after that from 3 to 4? There is no real road map how long it takes for a daw to deovlop the next version. I know there are still people saying "you only have to pay when you want". However people really want their updates and that will push most poeple into wanting to keep updating. To me this daw have potential no doubt but come on Bitwig ...

About modulare and realtime collab, well bitwig screwed you guys over with that too. Keep paying to the fake people :) You only get what you pay for they say and increase the price haha

Return to “Bitwig”