Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Poly-Ana

fluffy_little_something wrote: I am allergic to aliasing and noise in general, though.
Ever tried Mr. Alias Pro? Aliasing and noise at their best :D The filter sounds great too (dunno is it's zdf, probably not, because I can't think of a reason why) :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I'm rather allergic to "super high quality, super clean, completely aliasing free oscillators". Sucks. :P

chk071 wrote:I'm rather allergic to "super high quality, super clean, completely aliasing free oscillators". Sucks. :P
I do understand that. I think this has much in common with photography and film. If developped/ mastered too clean there is no grip / texture for the eye and therefor the picture is too dull and sterile looking, without all the natural grain filtered out.

I like it more dirty in general also. But sterile, clean, thin and ice cold can do great things for sculpting atmosphere too. And the combination of both worlds is the ambivalent killer combination for giving audience the shivers :D

Joyful modulation

Ingonator wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:
dvnation wrote:I like Ingo's skin but the blue is kind of too much inmyface, so I turned it grey:

Thats cool. Can I download it somewhere?
My "Flatland" skin for Poly-Ana (the original with the grey and blue colors) was done back in 2015 and is available here at KVR in the download section for Poly-Ana:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/poly-an ... /downloads
Thank you. I didn't find the two colours. I had used the download link at KVR at first and just copied the skin folder at the right place and the skin was blue. Maybe your link is another version? I appreciate your work and I think I can feel your affinity towards the PPG synth :)

Maybe you could consider to make the OSCS sync buttons more clear. I searched them for a good while :o

I also think this skin isn't representing the synth general sound BUT I do not care too much because it is a great help for programming (it´s bigger than the original) what is the main aspect for me. :tu: :party:
The skin is almost 3 years old and actually Poly-Ana was my first and only synth trying to do my own skin for so i am not at all a professional in doing skins...

There were 4 main points i had in myind when doingf that specific skin:
- eliminate all "pseudo 3D" stuff and have a strict 2D skin (that's why i called it "Flatland"...) which is inspired by Valhalla DSP FX plugins design
- re-arrange all modules/sections to have the audio path at the top and modulations at the lower part of the GUI (opposing to most other skins that are available which are mostly variations of the original skin)
- re-arrange the controls in the modules/sections in a way that seems to make sense for me
- last but not least having a size that is suitable for a Full HD display (i do not know another Poly-Ana skin for that purpose so far).
Hi Ingo,
thank you again for your profound information. I think your skin is great and thought out well. Did you read my former post? I have some suggestions for your skin. I post them here again. If you have absolutely no thought about getting back to programming the skin again then regard this as obsolete:

- in general I think the buttons look more like input-holes for cables rather than buttons what is a bit confusing. Can you change the graphics for them?

- over the Env1, 2 and Env3 there are 3 further buttons but they are not labeled. It would be nice if the user would be told what they do.

- in general your big skin is a big improvement over the original skin but the fonts-size still is small on a 1900/1080 screen. Is it possible to make the general GUI size even bigger to get the option to make the fonts bigger?

- the fonts (and the display-size) size at "programm selection", "parameter display" and "active voices" still is veeery small. Especially in the first case this is stressing for the eyes because thats a parameter I look very often while turning knobs.

Hope you don´t feel compromised by my suggestions/ wishes and I am looking forward for your answer :oops:

joyful modulation

Guys it's ANTI-aliasing. http://www.admiralquality.com/poly-ana- ... s/#changes

' 1.31 2017-07-03

Anti-Aliasing moved inside the oscillator oversample loop. This costs a bit more CPU power when both AA and oversampling (Quality control) are used in combination, but greatly expands the control over the character of the sound.
1.30 Beta 8 2017-06-16

New Anti-Aliasing feature completely re-factored (re-written from scratch). Try it again for the first time! Removed “EXPERIMENTAL” from AA tool-tip label. Turned AA on for most built-in programs. (As always, old projects and patch/bank files will still load with the sound they originally played with. We never break sounds in the same major version!) Added AA label to built-in background image. '

chk071 wrote:I'm rather allergic to "super high quality, super clean, completely aliasing free oscillators". Sucks. :P
Well, in view of the analog emulation objective (it's not called Poly-Digi :hihi: ), there is no point in allowing aliasing as analog hardware had no aliasing, either.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Well, in view of the analog emulation objective (it's not called Poly-Digi :hihi: ), there is no point in allowing aliasing as analog hardware had no aliasing, either.
Thats what the anti-aliasing button is for!! :? (I like it off sometimes for that 80's - 90's sound but usually on.)

Sorry, that was my slight modification of Ingo's skin so you won't find the grey color in the original skin upload. Simple photoshopping will get you there though. Here's one with subtle coloring:

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Nerd answer: There is never NO aliasing in virtual analogs, just less. :P

If Poly-Ana has a on/off button for the anti-aliasing, all the better. I wished other soft synths had that as well. On some, you can change the oversampling option, of course.

chk071 wrote: If Poly-Ana has a on/off button for the anti-aliasing, all the better. I wished other soft synths had that as well. On some, you can change the oversampling option, of course.
PA has both of those!! :tu:

Doesn't using a high sampling rate in your DAW (say, 192 kHz) do the same trick?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Doesn't using a high sampling rate in your DAW (say, 192 kHz) do the same trick?
aqpahiquality.jpg
(And everything else in the project runs at a normal 48 khz so cpu doesn't totally explode. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nice, and is there any audible aliasing left with that setting?

dvnation wrote:Here's one with subtle coloring:

Looks good :tu:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Nice, and is there any audible aliasing left with that setting?
I don't hear aliasing with AA turned on at any quality setting but higher makes it sound even better/different.

Return to “Instruments”