Sonivox Premier Collection (timewARP 2600) (Plugin Boutique)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I just bought the corssgrade from AIEP3 version. This bundle includes timewARP 2600. However, the license I got can only be used for iLok to authorize other stuff in the bundle. I cannot use it to authorize timewARP (the license code does not even have the correct number of digits).

Anyone has the same experience before? :help: :help: :help:
Trance, Trance Is Life

TimeWarp license is the code that is after "TW" on the second line. It is separate code, and different download/authorization if i remember correct. Don't remember the procedure though.

BrokenTrance wrote:TimeWarp license is the code that is after "TW" on the second line. It is separate code, and different download/authorization if i remember correct. Don't remember the procedure though.
Thanks for replying dude. A separate license for timewARP is also what I suspected. However, the thing that is I can only see one license in my Plugin Boutique account. So I just emailed them to see how it goes.
Trance, Trance Is Life

Okay, just got back from the support stuff. They have added the timewARP license to my account. So, just FYI, if anybody run into the same problem in the future, just email the support, they will help you out.
Trance, Trance Is Life

What happened to Timewarp2600 2.0?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

When I got the Sonivox Premier last year, TimewARP 2600 was a separate auth process. Not iLok like the rest of the bundle. Something that they acquired from WayOutWare.

I would say the bundle price is probably worth it for TimewARP and the Eighty-Eight Ensemble, but for some of the rest it's debatable.

There hasn't been an update to the plugins for several years, and several confirmed bugs have been discussed in the Sonivox community forum. Many of the programs are not officially supported on the latest operating systems, Win or Mac. They may work, but don't try to open a support ticket if you are running Windows 10 for example. Just saying ... :wink:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:I would say the bundle price is probably worth it for TimewARP and the Eighty-Eight Ensemble, but for some of the rest it's debatable.

There hasn't been an update to the plugins for several years, and several confirmed bugs have been discussed in the Sonivox community forum. Many of the programs are not officially supported on the latest operating systems, Win or Mac. They may work, but don't try to open a support ticket if you are running Windows 10 for example. Just saying ... :wink:
Oh! Both pieces of info are useful!

Back around Black Friday, got AIEP3 Complete (also through Plugin Boutique; that discount lasted for quite a while!). Haven’t used those synths much and can’t muster much enthusiasm for inMusic Brands (no offence to any human involved).
Still, noticing this crossgrade discount, thought that it might still be worth it. It’s relatively inexpensive, in the grand scheme of things.

But a big problem with these inMusic Brands products, in my experience, is that they feel like they were designed a long while ago and haven’t been keeping up. The sounds they produce can be cool, but the UX is less than appropriate. When they do update their software, their bundled versions might be the older ones. For instance, it sounds like the Loom version in AIEP3 is the original one, not Loom II which was already available at the time of my purchase. Caveat emptor.

So, learning more about OS support is useful. Same with the value of the diverse parts of the package. What do you think of the woodwinds and brass? The demos aren’t enough to get a good idea of how they sound.

You might have saved me from a purchase.

But then, they talk about new products. Who knows, maybe they’re waking up? MPE versions of their synths sure would be a sign that they’re paying attention. And iOS versions. Not to mention full support for current desktop OS versions (which should come as a given, even in the slow world of software synths).

Enkerli wrote:
zzz00m wrote:I would say the bundle price is probably worth it for TimewARP and the Eighty-Eight Ensemble, but for some of the rest it's debatable.

Oh! Both pieces of info are useful!

Back around Black Friday, got AIEP3 Complete (also through Plugin Boutique; that discount lasted for quite a while!). Haven’t used those synths much and can’t muster much enthusiasm for inMusic Brands (no offence to any human involved).
Still, noticing this crossgrade discount, thought that it might still be worth it. It’s relatively inexpensive, in the grand scheme of things.

But a big problem with these inMusic Brands products, in my experience, is that they feel like they were designed a long while ago and haven’t been keeping up. The sounds they produce can be cool, but the UX is less than appropriate. When they do update their software, their bundled versions might be the older ones. For instance, it sounds like the Loom version in AIEP3 is the original one, not Loom II which was already available at the time of my purchase. Caveat emptor.

So, learning more about OS support is useful. Same with the value of the diverse parts of the package. What do you think of the woodwinds and brass? The demos aren’t enough to get a good idea of how they sound.

You might have saved me from a purchase.

But then, they talk about new products. Who knows, maybe they’re waking up? MPE versions of their synths sure would be a sign that they’re paying attention. And iOS versions. Not to mention full support for current desktop OS versions (which should come as a given, even in the slow world of software synths).
What I think is that the plug-in market is very saturated. Companies are only likely to invest in development where they can be assured of a return.

inMusic is the parent of a large group of music hardware and software companies. I also have the AIR AIEP 3 and say that is a great value, with minimal bugs, and works well for me on Windows 10. No regrets with the AIR purchase at all. I love the synthesizers! They may be struggling to push out a refresh, but hopefully it will arrive soon. The Loom II update shows that the lights are still on. I also have the Akai VIP and love that, as well as a VIP enabled keyboard controller. Nice! That is being actively maintained.

Not gonna bash here, but I've not seen any signs of life from SONiVOX in several years, except for that comment from Simon. Hope they can pull it off. It would be the comeback of the decade!

IMHO, SONiVOX Orchestral Companion samples are good, but the interfaces need updating, and compatibility for Windows 10 and the latest Mac OS needs to be addressed. They advertise 'natural swells available via the modulation wheel', but that feature has been MIA. They lack playablity with the mod wheel. And the strings are sections only. You can solo a section, or play all sections, but no solo instruments. So the strings are OK for background pads. I have uninstalled the brass and woodwinds to save HDD space (there are a few solo instruments in those), and just use SampleTank 3 if I need those type of instruments. The Big Bang orchestral percussion has some very good sounds, but the interface is awkward, and is crash prone. The good news is that you can load those percussion samples into ANY sampler you wish, as they are not locked to the plugin.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”