Dream soft synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does any one have a dream soft synth? What would it be like? What kind of sound generating method should it have and how would the user interface for that be like?

Who are you?
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

yes
Last edited by cbtw on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

OnePingOnly....and really, really, and i mean REALLY good effects.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Michael L wrote:Who are you?
Good question. Smells like opinion survey.

Smells like teen spirit...

Smells like napalm in the morning

I dream of synthesizing sounds like these....it should use proper anal synthesis. Many people underestimate the impact of the cheeks on the tone. For good sound, you will need to properly model both the shape and size of the cheeks as well as the "embouchure" of the anus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_9m7RLJEI

That synth should master the F(art)M(ethane) synthesis... :scared:

Perhaps V(irtual) A(nal) would be even more successful... :roll:

...and please NO granular things! Someone would have to clean that...

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

I’m a amateur musician who for many years have been developing a design for a software synth, mostly out from my own preferences and wishes. Now I’m getting together a team to realize it. I have come to the conclusion that to have a good chance on the market there needs to be a demand for the concept and features. Maybe there would be if they were known, but I don’t want to impose any bias to the question.
I would like to know if there are things you miss or could be better among the synths today. Is there any concept or features you think should be out there but is missing?
Maybe this question is improper in this forum? I don’t know. Any suggestions where I else should turn with a question like this?

Here’s my dream. A top shelf, classed out, no alias instrument for performance musicians in todays digital environment. What’s important here is the highest audio quality at adjustable rates for drafting and bouncing.

Single layer, dual filter, comb+granular, dual oscillator with with FM/AM. Filters are FM/AM. All home cooked algo’s. Full bank of scalable modulators inc. trance gate and full velocity mapping. No FX. Done in dark tones with beautiful purple/pinks/patels. Matrix style adjustable size. No Presets. Must be light and fast, Thanks!

Fungisonoris wrote:I’m a amateur musician who for many years have been developing a design for a software synth, mostly out from my own preferences and wishes. Now I’m getting together a team to realize it. I have come to the conclusion that to have a good chance on the market there needs to be a demand for the concept and features. Maybe there would be if they were known, but I don’t want to impose any bias to the question.
I would like to know if there are things you miss or could be better among the synths today. Is there any concept or features you think should be out there but is missing?
Maybe this question is improper in this forum? I don’t know. Any suggestions where I else should turn with a question like this?
Well, let's pretend you get 50 different people to reply to this thread then, which is already massive, how would that be a good representation of what people want in general? I'd much rather check what is available on the market already, and what's popular, and use that as an orientation. And if you care for a hint: The most popular seem to be VA/hybrid flagship synths like Spire, Dune, Sylenth1, Zebra and likes. The more exotic and esoteric it gets, the less people will be interested in it, because it's niche. I know, boring, but, that's how it is, in my experience. I'd go for a rich featured VA/hybrid synth, with a classic layout and architecture, which doesn't overwhelm people, but, at the same time, gives you enough versatility to make most sounds imaginable. I think Dune 2 has a fantastic architecture, for example, which really fits to what i described.

Oh, and if you make it sound like a Virus, or a Waldorf Q, or something inbetween, i think you'd have an instant winner there. ;) In my eyes, many soft synth devs orientate at hardware, but, the fewest really manage to carry that punchy, aggressive sound some hardware has over, really.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”