Tantrum from Creative Intent (Distortion Plugin, VST/VST3/AU)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OT: Is there seriously anyone who uses demo versions of plugins with audio dropouts/noise bursts in production work? As soon as you'd have two plugins in one chain you'd have a hell of a time timing everything so that you could bounce even five seconds without a dropout. And the whole process would be just about the most annoying thing I can imagine.

This is another KVR dead horse, but new developers seem to step into this demo restriction mine again and again... 1 second of silence every 45 seconds would have been enough.

I stopped demoing prematurely because I was A/B'ing different settings on a snare sound and whenever I had tried out parameters for sound A, which took around 15 seconds, tweaked in new parameters and went to sound B and - guess what - it was drop out time, for just long enough for your ears to forget what the finest details of sound A were! *sigh*

This is what ragequits are made of.

But the plugin is very aptly named.

Installed it... tried to use it... uninstalled it after it kept fading out while I was intently listening to what it was doing.

It also caused my iMac fans to blast, which was the major ragequit moment for me.

ncthom wrote:Yep, you're right. I took a look, believe I miscalculated my wet/dry delay compensation. I will have this fixed in the first update as soon as I can, thanks for telling me. And I'll have a Temper update asap as well. !
Have you managed to fix this yet?? I'm interested in purchasing but I can't buy a broken plug hoping it gets fixed.

Happy to hear that @jbarish! Yep, I have an update release coming this week:

* Bugfix for the wet/dry latency compensation
* Improved (loosened) demo restrictions
* Bugfix for reordering Tantrum in the fx chain in Logic
* Small slider readout improvements
* Minor stability fixes

I'll post back here when the update is available.

Bump for this great plug!

Russell Grand wrote:Bump for this great plug!
Bump from me aswell :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Tantrum v1.0.1 Now Available!

[*] Loosened demo restriction. Now the first two minutes are uninterrupted, followed by periodic white noise.
[*] Bugfixes on internal latency compensation & band splitting, resolving several large phasing issues**
[*] Bugfix for loading the wrong curve shape
[*] Small slider readout improvements
[*] Minor stability fixes
[*] Minor performance improvements

The update is available on the website now, and if you've already purchased, then you should have received an email with a link to download the update. I'll also be updating the Temper thread in a minute announcing the updates there.

Let me know what you think!

**Quick clarification here: it is still possible to find a "phasing" sound with Tantrum. This is simply due to having a wet/dry mix option where the wet band undergoes aggressive phase distortion, as is intended here. This primarily affects the higher frequencies, so if you target the Low band with a reasonably low Crossover Cutoff you can likely use the Mix knob without high frequency phasing. But, thanks to the feedback, I have been able to find and fix two separate issues which had introduced the unpleasant phasing in the previous build.

@Russell @Halonmusic cheers guys! :D

I've tried the update and it is much improved. Gives an impressive weight to kick drums. Definitely an interesting and useful addition to my saturation/distortion toolbox.

dropouts are ok.noisebursts makes me want to kill.

ncthom wrote:Tantrum v1.0.1 Now Available!

[*] Loosened demo restriction. Now the first two minutes are uninterrupted, followed by periodic white noise.
[*] Bugfixes on internal latency compensation & band splitting, resolving several large phasing issues**
[*] Bugfix for loading the wrong curve shape
[*] Small slider readout improvements
[*] Minor stability fixes
[*] Minor performance improvements

The update is available on the website now, and if you've already purchased, then you should have received an email with a link to download the update. I'll also be updating the Temper thread in a minute announcing the updates there.

Let me know what you think!

**Quick clarification here: it is still possible to find a "phasing" sound with Tantrum. This is simply due to having a wet/dry mix option where the wet band undergoes aggressive phase distortion, as is intended here. This primarily affects the higher frequencies, so if you target the Low band with a reasonably low Crossover Cutoff you can likely use the Mix knob without high frequency phasing. But, thanks to the feedback, I have been able to find and fix two separate issues which had introduced the unpleasant phasing in the previous build.

@Russell @Halonmusic cheers guys! :D
No prob ;)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Anyone still using this? I am always puzzled why devs don't just give 1 month unrestricted use. If you want people to buy your product - make it an indispensable part of their workflow. You cannot do that when the demo has silly time limits or dropouts.
Sure people might bounce a few sounds with the plugin on...but at the end of the demo, they will make up their mind - do i want this or not.
with all the dropouts, most people try it a couple of times, then never open it again.
The point of demoing is that you use the product in your every day workflow.

Anyway, that is in no way pointed at this dev in particular, as tons of devs do it. I just never understand it.
99% of the stuff i buy is a direct result of it becoming indispensable to me.

I did think this was pretty good on kick. didn't run any analysis to see the effect on the audio..but it seemed pretty cool. weighty

So no demo version for Tantrum anymore? Would've loved to try it.

I like it :tu:

But yeah the no demo thing is a drag, I would like to try the new one Remnant but cant.

They offer a 30 day refund policy an opportunity to trial the product, as they say on their support page from their website. Not ideal but at least one can try the plugins.

Guess that won't apply if I buy from PB...

Return to “Effects”