we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... 0vimto.mp3

not sure why, if im honest.
the name i mean.

I don't know from vimto.

Played this through my old 1980s Mission speakers (150W per channel)...blew my head off!

Some interesting sonic ideas in there...I wanted a bit more structure to it all though?

PS
My neighbour said he liked it as well!:0)

jancivil wrote:I don't know from vimto.
well, its a fruit cordial made from berries, also an anagram of vomit. swimming in a sea of accidental vomit is a line from a coil track, so i know from where the idea of the name comes from, i just cant put my finger on the why...

Cool name - got my attention.
Though I've always been more of a Ribena person from a very young age, so my views might be hostiley biased here.

Actually, the sounds of your tune gurgle and bluffle and wubble around like too much fizzy purple e-numbered liquid in my belly. So a perfect marriage of title and audio track in this case.
I feel like a few vocal snippets from a particularly LSD-soaked Red Dwarf episode might help here?

ChamMusic wrote:Played this through my old 1980s Mission speakers (150W per channel)...blew my head off!

Some interesting sonic ideas in there...I wanted a bit more structure to it all though?

PS
My neighbour said he liked it as well!:0)

nice! you should be careful though, its straight from the modular to your ears, i wouldn't want to be responsible for damage to such speakers or indeed your ears.

as for structure, were getting there :lol: well, were getting closer to a full enough system to pull off such things, then i just have to learn how to use it :hihi:
this piece only added a couple of lfos and a mixer, so im still stuck on one filter (waiting on stock for a couple of modules) with the two separate sequencers, and some multipliers/dividers and such like i can create patterns which will transpose or switch around, untile then though im just enjoying the building and the crazy sounds :D

dark water wrote:Cool name - got my attention.
Though I've always been more of a Ribena person from a very young age, so my views might be hostiley biased here.
tastewise i totally agree, however as a northerner vimto is ours!

Actually, the sounds of your tune gurgle and bluffle and wubble around like too much fizzy purple e-numbered liquid in my belly. So a perfect marriage of title and audio track in this case.
I feel like a few vocal snippets from a particularly LSD-soaked Red Dwarf episode might help here?
the one with the glove puppet? and the gingham dress? :hihi:

vurt wrote:
dark water wrote:Cool name - got my attention.
tastewise i totally agree, however as a northerner vimto is ours!

the one with the glove puppet? and the gingham dress? :hihi:
:hihi:
'Quarantine' I think it was called - takes me back to that now (rather dated) early 90s period of anarchic sitcoms with shabby looking design sets, but a lot of imagination...

Anyway, cool tune :party:

Cool! Modular synthastic. I like..
Greetings
HM

an indicator of quark - gluon plasma ...

great scot!

anyone else besides me reading "swimming in a sea of accidental vomit" when they glance at the title? hahaa for me, every time... its crazy! :lol:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Sounds like some kind of vore/abduction fantasy. Being probed and consumed at the same time.

Nasty stuff. :)

Took a risk and listened with my headphones... ;)
Glad I did though, some very interesting bleeps and bloops. I think Unaspected hit it on the head, or somewhere else...
The fun of modular indeed!
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”