DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

yea killer script..magic :party:

I set it to open the browser with a KK button but it only opens it but doesn't seem to have a command to close again? Could this be a toggle?

It seems to be locking up the NI hardware integration service, when I close Bitwig after using it the transport controls are staying lit up as if it is still running and I have to kill and restart the service.

Wondering if there's any here. Just installed the Latest version of the Push to script, bear in mind it was completely working prior to this
Currently the LEDs and buttons operate, the Display does not. Every time I'm try to run the "run.command" the Terminal indicate no such file folders found. I am at a loss as everything is as it was the prior script. I am running on OS X

aMUSEd wrote:I set it to open the browser with a KK button but it only opens it but doesn't seem to have a command to close again? Could this be a toggle?
Use "Browser: Cancel Selection" or "Browser: Commit Selection".

reflex58 wrote:Every time I'm try to run the "run.command" the Terminal indicate no such file folders found. I am at a loss as everything is as it was the prior script. I am running on OS X
I guess you modified the run.command before and now replaced it. Check the configured path in the the command file.

aMUSEd wrote:It seems to be locking up the NI hardware integration service, when I close Bitwig after using it the transport controls are staying lit up as if it is still running and I have to kill and restart the service.
The script cannot disconnect from the service since the exit() function is not fully executed (long-standing Bitwig bug). But that should not kill the service. But I also noticed some crashes of this service during development (not the most solid piece of code...).

moss wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:It seems to be locking up the NI hardware integration service, when I close Bitwig after using it the transport controls are staying lit up as if it is still running and I have to kill and restart the service.
The script cannot disconnect from the service since the exit() function is not fully executed (long-standing Bitwig bug). But that should not kill the service.
It doesn't kill it but I was doing that (in activity monitor) because I thought it should not stay running as that might interfere with other things, however I ran Live afterwards and that took over the service and after that it closed properly.

aMUSEd wrote: It doesn't kill it but I was doing that (in activity monitor) because I thought it should not stay running as that might interfere with other things, however I ran Live afterwards and that took over the service and after that it closed properly.
The service is running all the time! If the connection is lost to a client it stops sending ping messages after a while. So this is not a problem.

Hello, I have latest bitwig 2.3.3 update and very first generation launchpad. I use functions that come with bitwig (keys, sclip launcher, step sequencer) and wonder does this extention bring any advantages over builtin script for my first generation launchpad?
you can't stop what can't be stopped

Just out of curiosity, has the pad long press to edit note length, velocity, start position, or for p-lock style automation been implemented in the controller API yet? It appears to do something when a pad is held but editing velocity, length etc still doesn't seem to be possible.

maschinelf wrote:Just out of curiosity, has the pad long press to edit note length, velocity, start position, or for p-lock style automation been implemented in the controller API yet? It appears to do something when a pad is held but editing velocity, length etc still doesn't seem to be possible.
I have an experimental implementation deleting and setting notes but that crashes Bitwig when you move the button fast. So, sorry, it's not there yet.

The next Bitwig update will bring two massive new features to the API. After that is out of the door I guess these smaller wishes will be addressed...

Fluc wrote:Hello, I have latest bitwig 2.3.3 update and very first generation launchpad. I use functions that come with bitwig (keys, sclip launcher, step sequencer) and wonder does this extention bring any advantages over builtin script for my first generation launchpad?
I do not support the 1st Launchpad version. You can use the Generic Flexi to trigger lots of functions with it.

moss wrote:I have an experimental implementation deleting and setting notes but that crashes Bitwig when you move the button fast. So, sorry, it's not there yet.

The next Bitwig update will bring two massive new features to the API. After that is out of the door I guess these smaller wishes will be addressed...
Good to know that it has been experimented with. This feature is pretty significant for me, and considering some of the advanced features in bitwig, I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been fully implemented yet. I prefer bitwig to ableton live in every way, except for this one thing. But yea I guess it is not a fundamental or core functionality, so they probably need to focus on the more important stuff first. Guess I'll only get it now when I buy the update again.

New: "The Generic Flexi" Controller is absolutely fantastic thank you so much...

Return to “Controller Scripting”