MMultibandconvolution and Melda in general?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

_al_ wrote: it's getting too difficult to predict how all the functions are going to hold up
Or in other words, (fill in what you like here :ud: ) engineering...

Apratim wrote:
mike_the_ranger wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:Melda rules and is heavily underrated.
Or maybe highly overrated by the fanboys and the dev himself :wink: Too many threads about it already, no need start another discussion 8)
Yup i think its overrated by the fan boys here in the forum

Even i sometime laugh on myself when in the past when i used to brag about melda everywhere in this forum :D

If the dev (vojtech) listens to the feature requests then yeah i could say melda makes the best plugins
:D :hihi: :D

MadDogE134 wrote: and they seem to try to make everything over complicated.
Agreed, there is a lot of control and power available ... if you want to use it. Several of the plug-ins now have "Easy" screens making only the main controls available. And, if you want, you can build your own to your individual requirements.
MadDogE134 wrote:but I wish they would do something about the fugly appearance... it has ALWAYS put me off.
It's knobs and faders, grouped into panels and meters and graphs, as are GUIs from others. You can use different Styles for different plug-ins, different colour palettes, and, if you wish, design your own Style (on WIndows, anyway). At the risk of stirring things up, exactly what do you not like?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

mike_the_ranger wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:Melda rules and is heavily underrated.
Or maybe highly overrated by the fanboys and the dev himself :wink: Too many threads about it already, no need start another discussion 8)
This discussion was started in 2016 actually. I don't really care much about under or over rating, that's a problem for the devs to solve for themselves. But what I can say is that I've been using the Melda convolution ever since this thread convincedme to get it, and been extremely satisfied with it. It's a great standard reverb, which also offers incredible sound design power. I use it and number of other Melda plugins in all of my projects. I personally like powerful, high quality plugins with reasonable prices and sensible UIs :tu:

Melda interface in general takes some getting used to and is a bit over the top but the flexibility is truly unique in all their plugs. The basic effects bundle is a great buy when in sale and (personally) I think their phase and flanger are the best I have heard! The ring mod and Freqency Shifter are also really great and to me we’re worth the purchase price. They download a lot of stuff (presets for every plug it seems) but quality is excellent across the board. I don’t care for their MBand Reverb and have not tried the Convolution Verb... I am commenting on the quality of the other effects I use which as mentioned sound really great to me....but again, the interfaces are a bit convoluted and over the top (IMO)

Their freeform analog eq thats on sale now looks interesting. I'll try out the demo and see if it's worth a shot. Anyone else used it yet?

Hi again. I'll buy the MConvolution Reverb today it's on sale this week. I already tried it out within the MPowersynth and I like it.

Can you recommend a good IR collection with a special purpose on sound design? I do record many sounds myself so it really should be something extraordinary.

Thank you.
Last edited by nichttuntun on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Westgate Sound's Anomaly IRs
Nothing like it.
http://westgatesounds.net/Impulse/index.html
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:Westgate Sound's Anomaly IRs
Nothing like it.
http://westgatesounds.net/Impulse/index.html
Thank you for sharing. I listened to the demos. Problem here is I program synth for myself and I can easily achieve such "samples" myself. No. I am really looking for that special experimental something. Hard to describe I guess. Maybe I should release sample banks myself one day? :hihi:

Yes. Many designers do:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=107337
Most of them are 'similar' and it's quite likely no one has made what you are looking for, but this guy has a lot of good ideas:
http://www.diegostocco.com/rhythmic-convolutions-2
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:Yes. Many designers do:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=107337
Most of them are 'similar' and it's quite likely no one has made what you are looking for, but this guy has a lot of good ideas:
http://www.diegostocco.com/rhythmic-convolutions-2
Hi. That's cool and goes totally in the direction of sound mangling I go too. Thank you. Very inspiring. :tu:

Diego Socco did a really good job with that rhythmic convolutions pack. Really creative. I made a video on how to use the synthetic IRs in MConvolutionMB to create rhythmic sounds. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCz6VnnDoqo

Chandlerhimself wrote:Diego Socco did a really good job with that rhythmic convolutions pack. Really creative. I made a video on how to use the synthetic IRs in MConvolutionMB to create rhythmic sounds. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for...
Hi Chandler. I already watched your video and ups I did it again (I'm caught in a trap) because I appreciate how you teach the Melda tools. I already learned much from them and I hope there is more to come in the future. You are doing really great! Are you a member of the Melda team? :party:

Combining any given IR sample with this kind of rhythmic sequencer options you can get freaky groovy results. And again one has to state that Melda tools aren't "bloated" like many people claim but they are more made for people who have their own ideas and want tools to accomplish their goals with and not so much for people who want to get their inspiration served by the plugins. Both approaches are totally fine if course.

nichttuntun wrote:
Chandlerhimself wrote:Diego Socco did a really good job with that rhythmic convolutions pack. Really creative. I made a video on how to use the synthetic IRs in MConvolutionMB to create rhythmic sounds. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for...
Hi Chandler. I already watched your video and ups I did it again (I'm caught in a trap) because I appreciate how you teach the Melda tools. I already learned much from them and I hope there is more to come in the future. You are doing really great! Are you a member of the Melda team? :party:

Combining any given IR sample with this kind of rhythmic sequencer options you can get freaky groovy results. And again one has to state that Melda tools aren't "bloated" like many people claim but they are more made for people who have their own ideas and want tools to accomplish their goals with and not so much for people who want to get their inspiration served by the plugins. Both approaches are totally fine if course.
Thanks. I'm not officially part of the team, but I'm sort of doing freelance work. I agree that Melda plugins have tons of useful features and once you know how to use them, they don't seem bloated at all. In fact I'd say it makes me think other plugins are lacking features.

Chandlerhimself wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:

Thanks. I'm not officially part of the team, but I'm sort of doing freelance work. I agree that Melda plugins have tons of useful features and once you know how to use them, they don't seem bloated at all. In fact I'd say it makes me think other plugins are lacking features.
I appreciate what you do and I can´t say it better :tu:

Return to “Effects”