UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I just installed it and it's a nice update. I wish they would do something about this though:

Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Fantastic, the guis of the libraries are now scalable.

I expect the Frequency Shifter will appear as a separate plugin a la Thorus and Rotary.

Does the free Workstation support MPE playback? I would like to get Falcon as I know it does but it is very pricey

Hi PC users,

FYI we've re-uploaded the new Falcon 1.5.0 installer, now available on the 'My Products' page :
https://www.uvi.net/my-products

Sorry for the trouble.

Hmm, did catch some bug it seems.
Simple reproduce: add FreqShifter to program level, then delete FreqShifter, and try add any other fx, UVInyl for example, then appear "An Unexpected Error" alert (Studio One V3, 64bit, Win7). Though DAW continue works after this.
Just for me or really issue ?

Added: did check in Ableton v9 (64bit), issue reproduce too, but without error alert - another fx after deleted Shifter just won't load (won't appear in stack), and after some attempts effects begin to load, but without any processing.

Confirmed: crashes Logic Pro X instantly.

Code: Select all

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   uvi.net.FalconAU              	0x0000000132653bf4 uvi::ParameterInfo<bool>::Get(uvi::Element const&) const + 4
1   uvi.net.FalconAU              	0x0000000132743093 uvi::ElementParameterView::OnPrivateValueChanged(uvi::String const&, uvi::Element const&, unsigned int) + 147

c_voltage wrote:Hmm, did catch some bug it seems.
Simple reproduce: add FreqShifter to program level, then delete FreqShifter, and try add any other fx, UVInyl for example, then appear "An Unexpected Error" alert (Studio One V3, 64bit, Win7). Though DAW continue works after this.

Added: did check in Ableton v9 (64bit), issue reproduce too, but without error alert - another fx after deleted Shifter just won't load (won't appear in stack), and after some attempts effects begin to load, but without any processing.
I'm trying to test this, but I Don't see the FreqShifter effect. Where is it?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Modulation FX, new addition.

c_voltage wrote:Good, interesting to try.
(Though as i understand it's not the same level as if add different waveforms ability in FM osc, right? :P )
Not quite. The update adds a sine oscillator as a modulator; the wavetable is the carrier. This gives you a two operator stack, with all of the single-cycle waveforms and wavetables for the carrier. And then the output of that can be used for PD, so it's really like a three operator stack. There are a lot of possibilities here.

If that's not enough audio-rate modulation, there are also the new frequency shifter and legacy ring modulator effects, and any of Falcon's oscillators can be run through them. They may not produce as many sidebands as FM, but at that point, you're running a fairly complex signal through them. And you can stack several of them...

All in all, this is a nice update. And I haven't even checked out the new GUI features yet.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

@otristan
regarding what sircuit and EvilDragon said a few posts back...
It would be super awesome if Falcon would remember the last folder that was used to save a program so that it wouldn't be necessary to manually set this every time I save a new program.
I've been using Falcon for years now and it's one of my main instruments, but I can't tell you how tedious and anoying this 'little' problem has become.
I can't think of another piece of software that allows saving a file which doesn't remember the last file path used for saving.
I also can't think of any reason why this might be a desireable behaviour.
Please fix this!

I also fully agree with their comments about slice markers. They should most DEFINETLY be saved with the keygroup and not in the actual referenced sample.
This is certainly another of my pet peaves with Falcon: Take one sample, map it to a key and slice it the way you want....
then duplicate that keygroup and slice it in a different way. It won't work.
If you'd like to do that you'll need to save another copy of that sample in order to save your new slice markers.
This makes me scratch my beard.

I notice the old factory library is 730mb - the new one is 700mb - I've kept them both but I assume some presets must have been dropped?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

planetearth wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Hmm, did catch some bug it seems.

I'm trying to test this, but I Don't see the FreqShifter effect. Where is it?

Steve
sircuit wrote:Modulation FX, new addition.
Yes, "Modulation" subcategory in FX dropdown list.

DocAtlas wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Good, interesting to try.
(Though as i understand it's not the same level as if add different waveforms ability in FM osc, right? :P )
Not quite. The update adds a sine oscillator as a modulator; the wavetable is the carrier. This gives you a two operator stack, with all of the single-cycle waveforms and wavetables for the carrier. And then the output of that can be used for PD, so it's really like a three operator stack. There are a lot of possibilities here.

If that's not enough audio-rate modulation, there are also the new frequency shifter and legacy ring modulator effects, and any of Falcon's oscillators can be run through them. They may not produce as many sidebands as FM, but at that point, you're running a fairly complex signal through them. And you can stack several of them...

All in all, this is a nice update. And I haven't even checked out the new GUI features yet.
Hm, ok, thanks for explanation.

Are the new presets named 1.5? I cant find them on my windows machine. I just copied the new preset file over the original and cant seem to find any 1.5 presets?

Return to “Instruments”