Seismic (VST/AU for Mac and Windows)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Seismic

Where is the audio unit version?

The mac versions is only VST?

syntonica wrote:Update has been pushed!

Everything known had been fixed except the Logic issue. It's still having issues with note offs AND it just doesn't seem to like Symbiosis anymore. Mac Reaper still does fine with the AU version.
Logic is working, but it's a very weird bug. If you get those low notes playing along side, open the Keyboard window and play a few notes there. It should clear it up.

I'll work on it some more tomorrow if all you Windows people are up and running properly.

Thanks for all your efforts!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

This is nuts! I'm sure it's possible to make it sound beautiful, but this is my new favourite noise synth. Or at least it will be when the kinks are ironed out.

The big issue I have is that closing the GUI crashes Ableton Live 9 every time. Flicking to another track (thus hiding the GUI) works perfectly.

There's another odd GUI bug in which the synth always opens with the window size appropriate for 100% scale, regardless of the scale value you've set, so some of the GUI can be hidden. The very first time I ran it, the synth was at (I think) 150% scale with a 100% sized window. Altering the GUI size within the plug fixes the window size.

Regarding note-off issues, I find that notes get stuck until you have the synth in a configuration where it produces sound. So if you tap a few notes, then set the synth up to make sound, the notes you tapped earlier will start sounding and be stuck until you replay the stuck notes on your keyboard. I've not had any issues with stuck notes other than that so far.

Ableton Live 9 latest (32 bit)
Windows 10 64 bit, Fall Creators Update and latest patches
Intel i5-3570k
16GB RAM
Geforce 970, drivers a couple of months old
Installed the plug by copying the seismic.win folder (and all its contents) to the synth subdirectory in my plugins folder

Hi cron,

As I'm discovering, every host has its own way of doing things and in a different order. :neutral:

Just put an envelope in node 8 to handle note ons and offs properly for now. It's usually the first node I set up when making a patch.,

I should have the resizing thing squashed, but I want to do some more testing before I commit.

I haven't seen any issues with closing the GUI, but I'll take a look. Likes like my Windows machine is going to be cluttered with demos... :lol:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

fdco wrote:Where is the audio unit version?

The mac versions is only VST?
Just change the extension from vst to component.

Please note that the AU version is giving non end of troubles. The wrapper I'm using is getting long in the tooth and no longer works with the latest version of Logic.

cron wrote:This is nuts! I'm sure it's possible to make it sound beautiful, but this is my new favourite noise synth...
I agree entirely. This is one of the smartest application of a modular environment I've ever seen. It's really crashing FL still, but the realm of exploration here is massive, and the speed at which it proceeds is unmatched.

I have a bug fix here that I'm beating on. I think I've solved all the windowing issues on Windows as well as anything else outstanding EXCEPT the issue with Logic. It's apparently obscure... :lol: I should hopefully be able to release it in a couple of days, depending on how testing is going.

I've added a feature to cut CPU usage by up to 250%, although the sound quality does suffer on some patches, but it will be useful for offline rendering. (Currently only supporting real-time at the moment.)

All settings (except the GUI size) are now per patch, so each patch will store its note off mode and CPU usage separately.

Most of these changes are breaking, so if you have a patch you want to save, best to just take a screen shot of it to save it. (Sorry.)

@Debutante: can you tell me what's going on in FL? The demo likes to shut down and try to make me buy if I misclick by one pixel, making it hard for me to do testing. If I know what I'm looking for, it will make quicker work of it.
Last edited by syntonica on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Very buggy plug and spikes my CPU.
I'm using FL Studio and every few knob tweaks, it will instantly crash my DAW...
Seismic makes some decent sounds but as it is now, it's way too unstable. Final grade: D

I got to my problem with the gui just showing parts fixed by choosing a smaller gui size, which I just found out was possible. Very interesting synth with a lot of Possibilities. :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Windows 7 (64 bit)
In Studio One, REAPER and FL Studio 9 (all 32 bit) don't works!

Just want to say thanks for the bug fixes and implementing S&H. Was able to do a real S&H computer blips patch.

syntonica wrote:

@Debutante: can you tell me what's going on in FL? The demo likes to shut down and try to make me buy if I misclick by one pixel, making it hard for me to do testing. If I know what I'm looking for, it will make quicker work of it.
Exactly as he says:
Russell Grand wrote:Very buggy plug and spikes my CPU.
I'm using FL Studio and every few knob tweaks, it will instantly crash my DAW...
Seismic makes some decent sounds but as it is now, it's way too unstable. Final grade: D
I don't know what the problem is. Now, however, the GUI is showing with no problems, so success there, but just like he said, you can tweak a few knobs and all of a sudden FL disappears. There isn't even time to try and figure out WHICH knob or what configuration...

Hi All--

Version 1.2.2 has been uploaded. There are only two outstanding issues:
1. GUI resizing in FL32 is still a bit wonky. Just close and reopen. (FL64 words fine. :shrug:
2. Logic X still makes a booming sine wave when Seismic is first loaded. Just arm the track for recording and it should stop. Still looking into this one...
Edit: if you need to use Logic, host the VST version in this:
https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... odular.htm
Or similar.

There is a new CPU economy mode, which is on by default. CPU usage can drop by 200-400%, although audio quality may suffer on some complex patches. (There are actually a couple I think sound better in Economy Mode.) All of the settings (except GUI size) are now per patch, so you can set each one to your taste. This includes the master tuning, the scale used, etc.

Again, let me know if you are seeing any issues. And, again, thanks for your support.
Last edited by syntonica on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

yellowmix wrote:Just want to say thanks for the bug fixes and implementing S&H. Was able to do a real S&H computer blips patch.
My pleasure. Adding features is the best part of programming. Bug hunting is one of the worst.

Hi all-- Sadly, I'm pulling support for the AU version. The wrapper I am using no longer plays nicely with the latest version of Logic. It was originally written when PPC processors were a thing, so I'm surprised it's survived this long. It was fine with version 10.3, so Apple has done an Apple and broken something.

The AU version is still there, but unless you use Logic/Garage Band, there's really no need for it.

I'm going to continue to explore what's going on and if there's an easy fix, I'll get it done. Otherwise, I'm off to learn the Black Art of AU3 programming. :neutral:

Return to “Instruments”