Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

Unaspected wrote:I didn't really like the Tube Screamer as a stomp box but this plugin is something else. A real little tone-box, offering some truly characterful distortion. Sounds great as a mix effect too.

A ProCo RAT (The RAT?) and original Danelectro Fab Tone (The Tone?) would both be instant buys for me.
A Rat like model is definitely on the way, I haven't checked out the Fab Tone yet so thanks for the heads up.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

irtimid wrote:A randomize button in the schematic based component value editing section would be off the hook. :))
I had something like this in mind so you can randomise arbitrary groups of values, where each value can be in one of four different tolerance groups:

Would that do the trick? I could also add a randomise button at the top of the popup menu that opens when you click on a component name.

I love you

I wish someone would make a Foxx Tone Machine model. Would be a nice addition to The Scream. Hint hint. :phones:

andy-cytomic wrote:
irtimid wrote:A randomize button in the schematic based component value editing section would be off the hook. :))
I had something like this in mind so you can randomise arbitrary groups of values, where each value can be in one of four different tolerance groups:

Would that do the trick? I could also add a randomise button at the top of the popup menu that opens when you click on a component name.
Also an educational plugin. Loving it.

andy-cytomic wrote:

:o
:clap:

plexuss wrote:I wish someone would make a Foxx Tone Machine model. Would be a nice addition to The Scream. Hint hint. :phones:
+1, the Foxx Tone Machine is gorgeous !

sinkmusic wrote:
plexuss wrote:I wish someone would make a Foxx Tone Machine model. Would be a nice addition to The Scream. Hint hint. :phones:
+1, the Foxx Tone Machine is gorgeous !
That octave mode really screams. Talk about The Scream! Nothing screams like a Foxx. I actually have 2 originals (without the case - re-build into rack cases).

Git er dun

acousticglue wrote:Git er dun
ya'll! :phones:

andy-cytomic wrote:

Yes! Great stuff you did there! Love the mutate/randomize function for groups of values. This looks so good :) Can't wait to try it all out. :clap: :tu:

Another randomize button at the top of the popup menu when you click a component name is also a great idea!
Can we beta test yet :)) ?? :D

This entire mutation / randomisation panel is currently only a mockup, but when there is something that is feature complete then I'll make it available as to use as a beta :)

andy-cytomic wrote:
meloco_go wrote:Andy, can you consider this for your future plugins?
https://www.electrosmash.com/klon-centaur-analysis
Yes, this is one of the stomps I'm considering for the future :)
OMG :love:

Colorsound tonebender fuzz and powerboost would be a dream too... :love:
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Excited for these new changes in the final version! love the currently available beta.

andy-cytomic wrote:
Unaspected wrote:I didn't really like the Tube Screamer as a stomp box but this plugin is something else. A real little tone-box, offering some truly characterful distortion. Sounds great as a mix effect too.

A ProCo RAT (The RAT?) and original Danelectro Fab Tone (The Tone?) would both be instant buys for me.
A Rat like model is definitely on the way, I haven't checked out the Fab Tone yet so thanks for the heads up.
That's great news. And I'm glad to have given you more work. :)

_am wrote:Excited for these new changes in the final version! love the currently available beta.
Absolutely. The beta is a fully featured product and a complete steal at the price. Andy goes above and beyond and it shows in his other plugins.

Return to “Effects”