Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

Just three sounds, and somehow similar. Hardly a good basis to make a judgment. Yet, IMO the DX7 V showed that it's the closest to the DX7 V. Regarding the differences, there are some variables in the way the sound was recorded from the DX7 into the computer that may affect what we hear. Also, there are some settings in the DX7 V that have to be changed specifically for DX7 compatibility (like velocity, for example). Nothing is said about that, so we don't know what kind of settings were used.
Fernando (FMR)

Anyone know when NKS is supposed to release for the newest additions (Buchla Easel, DX7 etc...)?

No - Arturia don't seem to be in any hurry and there are bugs in KK anyway. There is an unofficial port of the Buchla to NKS.

aMUSEd wrote:No - Arturia don't seem to be in any hurry and there are bugs in KK anyway. There is an unofficial port of the Buchla to NKS.
Thanks! Where might I find such port?

killmaster wrote:Anyone know when NKS is supposed to release for the newest additions (Buchla Easel, DX7 etc...)?
Pretty soon :-)
Fernando (FMR)

killmaster wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:No - Arturia don't seem to be in any hurry and there are bugs in KK anyway. There is an unofficial port of the Buchla to NKS.
In the Komplete Kontrol templates repository with everything else

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulf40cicmwzu ... ChOwa?dl=0

aMUSEd wrote:
killmaster wrote:
In the Komplete Kontrol templates repository with everything else

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulf40cicmwzu ... ChOwa?dl=0
O right, thanks! Not sure why I didn't think to look there to begin with...

Upgrade price is back down to $200 again (dropped $50). Was planning / hoping to hold out until the upgrade price fell to $99.. but may pull the trigger anyway. I already have VC 5, and Analog Lab 3. Of the new instruments, the DX-7 V is the one new for VC 6 instrument, that I'd like to have access to deeper controls on. With the other (new) instruments, enough of their timbre controls are already mapped to my Laboratory controller, and their Analog Lab 3 presets were robust enough that I wasn't in any hurry.

Anyway - small savings (again), as the price just fell back (to the lowest it will ever go) :lol:

JDoo

The V-collection gets a 6.1 update which makes all instruments are now fully .nks compatible.

https://www.arturia.com/vc6-1-update

They're also giving all v-collection 6 owners three sound banks (works for new and previous customers apparently).
Last edited by jsp1979 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 questions.

1. Can the dx7 from arturia import the dx7 hardware patches and is it better than dexed or fm8?

2. Was the cpu usage improved? I remember that many said it it hilariously high.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:2 questions.

1. Can the dx7 from arturia import the dx7 hardware patches and is it better than dexed or fm8?
YES for the first, it depends on the opinions for the second (to me, it is better than DeXed, and also better than FM8, although the two are quite different and sort of complement each other.
2. Was the cpu usage improved? I remember that many said it it hilariously high.
The CPU usage improved, but it is still higher than the other two
Fernando (FMR)

So, the $199.00 upgrade price is the same as for the full version, sorry Arturia I don't see any big upgrade deal here.

per my rule, waiting for v7, on sale.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

alexfalcao wrote:So, the $199.00 upgrade price is the same as for the full version, sorry Arturia I don't see any big upgrade deal here.
What do you mean, the same price?

When was the $99 upgrade to V5 from v4?

Return to “Instruments”