SampleScience Player released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wow! this is a nice instrument. incredible how many sample packs you have there.

one thing that could definitely benefit from a little more work is the attack knob: the effect is very strong when you just slightly touch it. with the 808 kit the kick for example is almost inaudible before you can even see that the knob was moved. maybe you should apply some non-linear curve that makes it less sensitive in the lower ranges.

luzifer wrote:wow! this is a nice instrument. incredible how many sample packs you have there.

one thing that could definitely benefit from a little more work is the attack knob: the effect is very strong when you just slightly touch it. with the 808 kit the kick for example is almost inaudible before you can even see that the knob was moved. maybe you should apply some non-linear curve that makes it less sensitive in the lower ranges.
The attack is linear, but I haven't tweaked it for drums. This is a good suggestion though and I'll try to make the adsr better for the drums in the upcoming update.

Sorry, but I find this product totally unusable. Spent some time playing presets and trying to tweak them, only to find out that knobs either will affect sound in an unexpected way or won't affect it at all.

The worst thing though is that there's no way to remove a purchased product from Gumroad library and thus I condemned to see SampleScience Player there forever among my other purchases (I communicated with their support about it), which is kind of frustrating.

Also, if the goal of releasing this is to promote other SampleScience products which are not free, then I think it works in a negative way. I for one won't be buying anything from SampleScience for sure, based on my Player impressions.

sayanchik wrote:Sorry, but I find this product totally unusable. Spent some time playing presets and trying to tweak them, only to find out that knobs either will affect sound in an unexpected way or won't affect it at all.
Are you on Mac or Windows? I've had feedback that on Mac the ADSR don't work as expected.
sayanchik wrote:Also, if the goal of releasing this is to promote other SampleScience products which are not free, then I think it works in a negative way. I for one won't be buying anything from SampleScience for sure, based on my Player impressions.
Sorry to hear that. I created the SampleScience Player because I wanted an easy to use plugin to play with public domain sounds and create royalty-free loops. I distribute it publicly as a contribution for whoever wants this kind of tool for commercial sound design (loops, or to create more advanced multi-sampled instruments for Kontakt or other samplers, etc.).

Let's say you want to create a piano pad sounds, you can open the SampleScience Player, select a public domain acoustic piano, program your pad in another synth, mix and master both sounds together to create a new multi-sampled sound that can be sold on your site.

Over time I realized that people seems to use it more for music production, some musicians use it to create loads of tracks (I created commercial stock music with it myself). That's why I added sounds from my other libraries in it, even though they are for music production only.

I'm working on an update which will fix most problems. It takes time because I'm not used to macOS, I'm learning how to use Logic and I have a day job.

Regards,

SampleScience

SampleScience wrote:
sayanchik wrote:Are you on Mac or Windows? I've had feedback that on Mac the ADSR don't work as expected.
I'm using OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 and Cubase 8.5.

sayanchik wrote:
SampleScience wrote:
sayanchik wrote:Are you on Mac or Windows? I've had feedback that on Mac the ADSR don't work as expected.
I'm using OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 and Cubase 8.5.
SampleScience Player only works on macOS High Sierra. It's written under Specifications on the SSP's webpage, but I should have put it under requirement. I'm going to change it right away to make it clearer.

FYI, I use it under OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan). ADSR and everything else works fine. I am grateful that you made this! I migrated all my .mse files from other players, and they all open. :tu:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:FYI, I use it under OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan). ADSR and everything else works fine. I am grateful that you made this! I migrated all my .mse files from other players, and they all open. :tu:
It's good to hear! :) I work mostly on Windows 10 and I've been able to do the same. I can open old mse files from 32 bit only maize sampler made plugins in the 64 bit version of my player without any problems.

I currently don't support macOS versions below High Sierra because of major changes that Apple did that "broke" a lot of plugins (from almost all big companies and smaller devs too). I could do it though, development would be too long though.

Strangely, for some people everything work fine and for other there's problems...

Return to “Instruments”