Sinevibes Droplet : Raindrop Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’ll need to demo, cause by reading the description I’m sure this plugin is capable of way more than the two audio demos :hyper:

‘’Droplet is a plugin for modeling “raindrop delay” effects. It is based on a chain of 24 randomized delay lines, specially configured to produce a sound similar to drops of rain or small particles falling onto a surface. This delay chain features variable frequency damping, time modulation with original phase-flipped routing, as well as chaotic stereo panning, all of which lets Droplet go much beyond the actual raindrop delay – and into granular clouds, dreamy spaces and lush chorused reverbs. Since the parameters are randomized each time a Droplet instance is created, just as any natural process it will never sound exactly the same - even the same preset on two different tracks in the same project will sound different.’’

www.sinevibes.com/droplet

If anyone tried or bought it, what do you think?

Is there any reason why their stuff is mac only? It always looks cool but then I remember they don't do Windows.

dubguy99 wrote:Is there any reason why their stuff is mac only? It always looks cool but then I remember they don't do Windows.
I don't know Sinevibes specific reasons for mac-only but creating and supporting mutliple platforms and formats add considerable work to the job. There are way more windoze-only plugins that I would recommend to windoze users who want Sinevibes to do what I do - get over it. :phones:

Playing with the demo - interesting.... it has a pretty wide range of capability!

plexuss wrote:
Playing with the demo - interesting.... it has a pretty wide range of capability!
:tu: I knew this one had potential. Looking forward to try it as soon I have some free time!

Pff Mac only..
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

What as great little experimental delay plugin!

As usual with Sinevibes, it sounds really good, rich and lush. It's a strange hybrid between a delay with a lot of randomness and a granular delay I would say. Great stuff for $29.

Here is a simple wooden "pluck" through Droplet only (and a final limiter) with all the parameters being automated. Pink Floyd was making these sounds 40 years ago... granted Droplet is more sophisticated. :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/dr ... mo/s-sCq2w

^^* That is the most "Bela Lugosi's Dead" thing I've heard since Peter Murphy.

I kinda wonder if I can get this or,something similar in Eurorack.

Thanks for pointing this one out, OP. I've always felt that a lot of Sinevibes' plugins were too crazy for my tastes.. but this one sounds fantastic. :tu:

Naenyn wrote:Thanks for pointing this one out, OP. I've always felt that a lot of Sinevibes' plugins were too crazy for my tastes.. but this one sounds fantastic. :tu:
:tu: give it a try, worth it!

plexuss wrote:Here is a simple wooden "pluck" through Droplet only (and a final limiter) with all the parameters being automated. Pink Floyd was making these sounds 40 years ago... granted Droplet is more sophisticated. :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/dr ... mo/s-sCq2w
Really cool experiment plexuss, indeed it's raining pluck!

dubguy99 wrote:Is there any reason why their stuff is mac only? It always looks cool but then I remember they don't do Windows.
Mainly graphics libraries afaik. Sinevibes make extensive use of the quartz graphics layer to enable hardware acceleration of the gui.

this is really nice!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Its $29 normally, not intro, right?

Return to “Effects”