Get ready for a paradigm shift from a leader in analog modeling technology

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So over the first two days, we have:
  • Two photos
  • Text to go with the above that lay out the tease and might have some clues, but it is a bit early to be clever that way
  • Four videos with audio
  • A media outlet that seems to have figured out the paradigm shift
  • Another forum that did some impressive forensic-level digging
There may be a close guess (maybe even correct to some degree but I have missed that if so) or two around social media and/or forums, too.

So far, a job well done, bravo to those that figured out some things with regard to the above. I'm sure the next five days will put us closer to what will be revealed at Superbooth 2018.

Context is key. Digging in the weeds may be making it more difficult to guess, too.

Hoo boy, if this company is as good at analog modeling as they are at PR, I sure am looking forward to buying lots of stuff from them.

cthonophonic wrote:Hoo boy, if this company is as good at analog modeling as they are at PR, I sure am looking forward to buying lots of stuff from them.
Unfortunately they aren't. For example there was recently a test between compressors where the IK one lost by far. It's really just marketing bla.

cthonophonic wrote:Hoo boy, if this company is as good at analog modeling as they are at PR, I sure am looking forward to buying lots of stuff from them.
Yep. Googling the phrase, back in 2006 or so they were still "a leader in analog modeling technology" when they presented Classik Studio Reverb, but fast forward a decade, in 2016 when the modo bass was announced, according to the press copy it was "from the leader in analog modeling technology", so okay, specifically the leader in analog modeling technology at that point already.

And now there's a company representative explicitly stating that the claim isn't unfounded, and they stand by it.

Again, let's see the actual metrics, and some verifiable data.

Guenon wrote:
Again, let's see the actual metrics, and some verifiable data.
let's not and say we did ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:let's not and say we did ;)
I'll meet you half way, so indeed let's not, and say we didn't ;)

Backing off the dogpile here, my guess is that it's a synth with 2-oscillators, each of which can be detuned by 10 cents. A pair of dimes, if you will...

Guenon wrote:
Hink wrote:let's not and say we did ;)
I'll meet you half way, so indeed let's not, and say we didn't ;)
deal
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Edit: To keep with the spirit of the above messages, will move that discussion to where it belongs. The possible flaws with that test will be pursued where appropriate as there were definitely questions from multiple parties (including objective parties) and if the quality of that model is in doubt, there is always the demo available.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

cthonophonic wrote:Backing off the dogpile here, my guess is that it's a synth with 2-oscillators, each of which can be detuned by 10 cents. A pair of dimes, if you will...
OK that was clever and I wish we were giving out a prize - not for guessing correctly but for the best guess overall.

Well done.

Will you be at Superbooth, Peter?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Will you be at Superbooth, Peter?
I thought I mentioned that in PM? Sorry if I did not mention it but I will not. I rarely cross oceans for trade shows, I typically get to attend lovely shows like NAMM instead.

I did send you a PM, that is correct - but I didn't get a response.

I am speculating with going to Superbooth this time around (maybe just a 1-day ticket though) - so this announcement will definitely be a bonus to "take a look at" - though I do hope to see official reps this time around. Maybe some day I'll make it to NAMM - just to say hi
Last edited by Compyfox on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Urgh. The words "paradigm shift" make me want to vomit when I hear them. It's horrible marketing hyperbole that should be banned.

Last time I remember them teasing their "groundbreaking" or "earth-shattering" or "game-changing" new synth for weeks, and it turned out to be Synthtronik.

So for those of you following this thread in anticipation, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.
Last edited by Ben H on Wed May 02, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Honestly - the BG screenshot hints at modeling of electronics - so another synth. Although I do hope to see an affordable physical modeled Epiano on the lines olf old (like ORIGINAL) GSi MrRay. Not keeping my hopes up though.

Then again, maybe we'll see MODO Guitar... we can at least dream. Maybe well already see MODO Bass 2 (which I'd find kind of bad, because we're still only scratching the surface - and investing money already for v2?! Nah!).

We won't know until in a couple of days

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”