Get ready for a paradigm shift from a leader in analog modeling technology

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Superbooth is about hardware, no? One guess might be a eurorack module that hosts some of their effects, e.g. the effects from syntronik. That would be a paradigm shift for them as they have not done that kind of hardware before but in their wheelhouse as it really just involves embedding DSP into some fairly straightforward hardware. The pictures of waveforms could be a decoy and what we're actually seeing is them processing the waveforms from analog hardware.

Its clear now. No paradigm shift!
Or what paradigm should that be?
Even not IKms own paradigms are shifted.
Its just PR, shout out unholdable claims, call them controversial and people will react.
Peter confirmed it will be a synth. What I heard so far it won't be anything new or interesting, maybe Syntronik in hardware - ah, no, Syntronic isn't modelled, that would be too embarrassing for a leader in analog modeling...;-)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:From reactions to other parts of this thread, it seems there are probably just some hurt feelings among fans of other companies they feel can lay claim.
Really!? The joke about u-he was just hilarious. I know you are good-humoured enough to take it as the joke it is (Did you chuckle, in private? I won't tell...honest), but you chose not to. Just plain salty :shrug:

There are no hurt feelings.

As for laying claim? That's the part you are not getting. There is no claim to be made, and no other company is doing it. That's why it is so preposterous for IKM to make said claim.

Maybe the users here want to argue ad nauseam about legends, monarchs, and divas, but the developers seem a lot more humble about it, and, unless I missed it, are not trying to bullshit their respective fanbases with tired, hyperbolic, marketing nonsense.

Like I said, i'd be happy to see evidence for your claims.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I'm happy to see people either interested in the product or interested in picking things apart enough to keep bumping the thread, though. Thanks!
This is where you get all twisted, and it's frustrating that you haven't worked out that, actually, No! Not all publicity is good publicity. So, yes, we are bumping the thread back to the top, but in doing so, more people get to see this nonsense.

You clearly feel that members here are just IKM-haters, as though the position isn't justified, and isn't about an accumulation of nonsense, over such a long time, that makes distrust in the company you front totally understandable.

Time was, when I truly sympathised/empathised with how difficult you must sometimes find your job, and how a little bit of you must die every time you had to post this stuff under your name. [...] [that] you would feel bad about having to constantly bullshit your contemporaries as a matter of job requirement. Now, i think you just don't care. That's fair enough. But, at least take time to understand why many members here just cannot tolerate it, anymore.
I'm neither interested in whatever this product will be - a synth model, yeah? - nor picking "things" apart. (And I did bring up 'people love that guy' who heads U-He. I can't even come up with his name, I don't have the synths any of 'em.) Nor in playing games. I just find you're insulting everybody's intelligence with practically every answer now. Sure, it's KVR, we're this stupid and this credulous. Some people are enthusiastic enough about every little thing where it doesn't matter? That isn't my world. Something in the model of an analog synth (FB teaser was a few seconds of an analog or VA synth) is your unique world-beating concern rethinking the whole paradigm of modeling an analog synth? Anyone who buys into that hype is going to be disappointed, aren't they, unless they're prone to delusional self-deception having needed to believe it so badly.

^that's me taking this seriously, but fvck me, this is surely harmless trivial fun like Angry Birds at Facebook, right.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tj Shredder wrote:Its clear now. No paradigm shift!
Or what paradigm should that be?
Even not IKms own paradigms are shifted.
Its just PR, shout out unholdable claims, call them controversial and people will react.
Peter confirmed it will be a synth. What I heard so far it won't be anything new or interesting, maybe Syntronik in hardware - ah, no, Syntronic isn't modelled, that would be too embarrassing for a leader in analog modeling...;-)
I didn't realize that he confirmed that it was a synth. FWIW, the threads at other forums aren't much different than here in the sense that they are collectively rolling their eyes at the hyperbole.

Well, on page six he confirmed a correct guess.
But I have another one if its not they will make it in the next round:
- no I won't post it, if its wrong they would steal my idea...;-)

I think it's a matter of grammar. Maybe the writer intended to say something more like: "Get ready for a paradigm shift for IK Multimedia" - Though it would sound better as "Get ready for IK Multimedia's paradigm shift!". Much more punchy and to the point.

Because they're making hardware synths now.

Or synth modules - virtual or hardware.

Or a pitch shifter called Paradigm Shift.

Certainly, this wouldn't be a paradigm shift for us.

So they cant make a dime from software anymore and started making hardware?
That's a paradigm shift that is likely to cause piles of PCB junk and China no longer wants it back. http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-425123 ... te-anymore
~stratum~

Another ipad synth?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

BTW, its actually impossible to prepare for a paradigm shift because they are outside our expectations.
Think about it. Copernicus says, "Get ready for a new model of the cosmos"
or Satan says, "Get teady for Donald Trump as President"
No way to prepare for a new reality.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Ok at this point we can all agree that people in 2018 are overall fed up with bold claims as Paradigm shift etc. Even sLate Digital kinda stopped it.

It really is a bold claim (paradigm shift) probably overhyped. Let us see with what product they can balance this out. I would not be surprised if it turn out to be disappointment after all this public hyping drama but then again - we will see.

Their latest releases where very fine.

I think the word "shift" may refer to some functions of their synth (let's assume it's a synth), like it shifts phase, or formants, or I dunno what else. So it's kinda "clever" wordplay.

Anyway, if it's an ipad synth I'm totally not going to care.

Phase Distortion Synth with Analog modeled filter?

I just hope its not another moog clone

Oh, ARC goes analog?
Regarding u-he: Quality beats quantity.
And the Echo goes to...

From wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradigm_shift

“In the later part of the 1990s, 'paradigm shift' emerged as a buzzword, popularized as marketing speak and appearing more frequently in print and publication.[26] In his book Mind The Gaffe, author Larry Trask advises readers to refrain from using it, and to use caution when reading anything that contains the phrase. It is referred to in several articles and books[27][28] as abused and overused to the point of becoming meaningless.” :lol: :hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Larry Trask advises readers to refrain from using it, and to use caution when reading anything that contains the phrase. It is referred to in several articles and books[27][28] as abused and overused to the point of becoming meaningless.”
:tu: :D

Anyway, it seems to be still working as there are 7 pages of discussion of a product about which we know virtually nothing. Though it may end up with people being strongly biased against the product before they even know what it actually is.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”