PaulXStretch plugin (1.2.4, February 26th 2019)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PaulXStretch

Arovane wrote:Xenakios :help:
is there a way to save my settings (Play when Host Transport running) ?
Saving and recalling that state seems to have been ignored in the code by mistake. I'll fix that. The next build might take some time to appear, though, since I started overhauling the "octave mixer" feature.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Development on this has been a bit slow, but there is going to be an update some day not too far in the future.

Great :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

Hi, thanks for this great plugin. Is the standalone version also still being developed or did it get replaced by the VST version ?

Wanterkeelt wrote:Is the standalone version also still being developed or did it get replaced by the VST version ?
The development happens on the plugin now. What features from the standalone application are you missing in the plugin?

Xenakios wrote:What features from the standalone application are you missing in the plugin?
If I could add my p.o.v: It is often nice to not be tethered to a DAW, especially as the app allows full-screen immersion, as just the limiting of the overwhelming possibilities within the DAW environment can be very distracting. It seems like a small thing, but it makes a huge difference.

Either way, it is not something I would expect to be developed and supported continually, especially as I'm sure that only a handful of folk would find it useful.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:it is not something I would expect to be developed and supported continually
I have privately built and test the plugin as a standalone application too since the beginning of the plugin development but just haven't released the standalone builds yet. It's missing the offline rendering feature at the moment but once I get that in, I will probably release the standalone app version too...

Xenakios wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:it is not something I would expect to be developed and supported continually
I have privately built and test the plugin as a standalone application too since the beginning of the plugin development but just haven't released the standalone builds yet. It's missing the offline rendering feature at the moment but once I get that in, I will probably release the standalone app version too...
:tu: :clap: :hug:

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
Xenakios wrote:
:tu: :clap: :hug:

Joachim
:hail: :hail:

Xenakios wrote:
Wanterkeelt wrote:Is the standalone version also still being developed or did it get replaced by the VST version ?
The development happens on the plugin now. What features from the standalone application are you missing in the plugin?

I'll second el-bo by saying that indeed nothing is directly missing, but I mostly do my stretching outside of a DAW so the standalone version is still something that would be great to have :hug:

Vortifex wrote:Check out the top comment by Robyn on this video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c-RbGZBnBI
:tu:

Bump for 1.2.0, https://xenakios.wordpress.com/paulxstretch-plugin/

Note that the ratios module uses ratios for the pitch shifting amounts, not semitones or cents because the intended use for the module is to add layers into the sound that blend with the original sound. (So useful ratios to use are 0.125, 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 etc...But you can type in anything you want.)

Unfortunately because of the change in the spectral processing modules enabled states handling, the plugin may not recall old settings correctly for the enabled states.

-Changed "Octaves" module to "Ratios". The Ratios module has more shifters than the previous Octaves module and allows changing the pitch ratios (and the shifters mix) in a separate tabbed page in the GUI.
-Spectral module enabled parameters changed to target named modules instead of chain slots
-Save and restore some additional settings

Vortifex wrote:Check out the top comment by Robyn on this video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c-RbGZBnBI
Wow. I have been asleep! I pretty much abandoned timestretch for all but my lo-fi adventures - and the last time I listened to Royksopp was in 2004.

Part of me really didn’t want to like this song - I never liked Robyn, and my tastes drifted far from Royksopp over the last 14 years (Jesus...). But I was, I must admit, kind of mesmerized.

Not only am I downloading PaulXStretch right now, I’m downloading this track and have made a determination to finally figure out how to make thick kick drums sit with the baseline without the sidechain (still love sidechain for something’s but this song was really good.) In fact, I need to finally evolve from making short abstract beat loops and washed out dub techno spaces to the emotive and cinematic songs I have stuck in my head (and heart).

Thank you!

Been using the plugin for just a few days now, and I must say - it's a game changer for a cat like me. Truly unlike anything I've used before, so cheers for that. ;)

One thing though: I'm sure this is just a newb thing to ask, but the imported files seem to loop by default, which is fine in a lot of cases, but is it possible to turn this off? There are instances where I want a relatively long file to end and just stop to let the delays and reverbs I'm running it through just trail off.

Return to “Effects”