Crust [pre-alpha]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Probably need some starting presets... o.O

tl wrote:Sadly Crust v0.7.3 doesn't load on my Windows 10 64 Bit machine, neither in Bitwig nor in Plogue Bidule.
Same with v 0.7.4
It doesn't show up in Reaper v 5.80 either.
My Windows 10 is at version 1709

Regards,
tl.

Working here in 64 bit. Live 10, Win 8.1 ...

Turello wrote:Probably need some starting presets... o.O

+1

tl wrote:
tl wrote:Sadly Crust v0.7.3 doesn't load on my Windows 10 64 Bit machine, neither in Bitwig nor in Plogue Bidule.
Same with v 0.7.4

Regards,
tl.
Are you sure you put it in the right folder? If there's a problem with some vst Reaper usually shows a message or crashes on load.

1eqinfinity wrote:update 0.7.4:
- input masking setting (see routing config)
As you proposed earlier, this approach to input masking is the best, most flexible solution.
i'm guessing you've inverted the polarity of the pass-thru signal?! i assume so, because a parallel signal path nulls the pass-thru signal. This screenshot depicts how that's achieved with the relevant Crust config item enabled.
Crust mask.PNG
The bonus is omitting the parallel signal and having the pass-thru audible,even when the config item is enabled (?!). This, i think of as an extra mode. One where Crust's synthesised sound is adjunct to, or textural bed for, its input signal.
Crust unmasked.PNG
1eqinfinity wrote: - better knob target areas for easier mouse control (this is especially noticeable with osc freq Num/Denom controls)
Definitely noticeable improvement.

Thanks for the update, 1eqinfinity!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

levendis wrote: i'm guessing you've inverted the polarity of the pass-thru signal?!
Yes, i this mode Crust's output is its generated sound minus the input.
levendis wrote:The bonus is omitting the parallel signal and having the pass-thru audible,even when the config item is enabled (?!). This, i think of as an extra mode. One where Crust's synthesised sound is adjunct to, or textural bed for, its input signal.
Sorry I didn't get what you mean. Do you propose adding some other mode?

Glad you liked the update :)

1eqinfinity wrote:
levendis wrote:The bonus is omitting the parallel signal and having the pass-thru audible,even when the config item is enabled (?!). This, i think of as an extra mode. One where Crust's synthesised sound is adjunct to, or textural bed for, its input signal.
Sorry I didn't get what you mean. Do you propose adding some other mode?
Eek! Please disregard most of my previous post. i was mistaken in having to sum a parallel signal. Crust's routing config mask does the job comprehensively. i misread the checkbox state. So no, no proposal for another mode. :oops:

levendis wrote:Eek! Please disregard most of my previous post. i was mistaken in having to sum a parallel signal. Crust's routing config mask does the job comprehensively. i misread the checkbox state. So no, no proposal for another mode. :oops:
No problem :)

1eqinfinity wrote:
tl wrote:Same with v 0.7.4

Regards,
tl.
Are you sure you put it in the right folder? If there's a problem with some vst Reaper usually shows a message or crashes on load.
Yes, I'm sure it's in the right folder. Plugins sitting in the same folder get recognized by Reaper.
Did a complete plugin rescan in Reaper (clear cache and rescan)... Crust doesn't show up, no crashes or messages concerning Crust.

Reaper scans it but...:
reaper-vstplugins64.ini wrote:Charlatan.dll=006D429430A0D001,1749251940,Charlatan (BlauKraut Engineering)!!!VSTi
Crust.dll=493FE9EBF8DBD301
Crystal.dll=008A68C3328FD101,1098139250,Crystal (Green Oak Software)!!!VSTi
Is there something missing in my system? VC++ blabla Redistributable Packages maybe?

I have no idea. Hope I could "help".

Regards,
tl.

Tried Renoise...
Renoise Log wrote:VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate C:\Vstplugins\x64\VstInstr\Div\Crust.dll
VstPlugs: Instantiate FAILED (failed to load the DLL - error: 1114)

Im seriously Digging this synth! So flexible and fun to use. One of my fave synths :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

tl wrote:Tried Renoise...
Very strange. Thanks for the info! Have to look into that problem.
If you have five minutes, could you please check if my other vst Ribs is visible on your machine? https://yadi.sk/d/hPyKrGTk3KbiXJ

Halonmusic wrote:Im seriously Digging this synth! So flexible and fun to use. One of my fave synths :tu:
Thanks!

1eqinfinity wrote:
tl wrote:Tried Renoise...
Very strange. Thanks for the info! Have to look into that problem.
If you have five minutes, could you please check if my other vst Ribs is visible on your machine? https://yadi.sk/d/hPyKrGTk3KbiXJ
Ribs works...

Return to “Instruments”