copy and paste to other projects.

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you copy from one project and paste into another? I have a nice little tune in the piano roll in one project. And would like to copy and paste it into another project.

Simply open the project and the specific piano roll window that you want to copy. Use "Ctrl + A" and then "Ctrl + C" to copy the roll. Close the project and open the new project you want to copy the piano roll to. Open the target piano roll and Press "Ctrl + V" to paste the roll. Done!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

You can also save project bones.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:You can also save project bones

:o

Sorry so late. I had a bummer tooth that was giving me some problems.

I tried to control A, control C and ctrl-v. But it did not work. I tried something like this except I use drop down menus. It didn't work either. I don't know if it is the operating system or if I have something wrong with the computer. I noticed if I'm in a session for a couple hours. It does get buggy. I just take it as a sign it's time for a break.

Project Bones on the other hand works great. Never used it before. It seems a lot like Append. I like it. I can see myself using this a lot. Thank you very much :D PS. Again sorry about being so late.

Project bones +1
You can open your project items ( plus if you save project data) in the browser under the Current Project folder. you can always access them form the browser by dragging and dropping...

Yes I can definitely see the possibilities.
Thank you!

Though bones works, hopefully they will make it possible in future to drag and drop between two open projects or something.

you can drag and drop.
i told you up there a while back ^^

when you have exported bones etc. you can find that project in the browser and drag and drop across to whatever project you have open at the time. admittedly it isn't quite the same as having multiple projects open at the same time, but it is a fairly easy workaround. i do this all the time.
it's nice to work on subsections then incorporate them into another project.
so:
use the browser : )

Would be cool if you could save notes generators and effects and automation in one simple file. You can do this in bitwig

this is exactly what you get if you export as Project Bones.
the only thing you don't get are midi files, so that's one other process and you have everything.

yes, but everything consolidated in one file/format - like musicloops for studio one not spread out in multiple folders in multiple files (dozens and dozens of places sometimes)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

dandezebra wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:17 pm Though bones works, hopefully they will make it possible in future to drag and drop between two open projects or something.
HACKED! Open 2 instances of FL. And drag notes from piano roll to other project like that.
https://youtu.be/Zfjump4eTOc

Return to “Image Line”