Is there documented of the direction of MUTools plans with their products?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do you present an analysis with no date?

I understand the creative developer crave for new challenges, new learning, but IMHO, as an old fart with lots of experience in software, platforms, and OSes, going Android will be a complete waste of time, a dead end, a nightmare. Your main Windows/MacOS DAW will become obsolete, then you'll notice you're lost in a sea of ever changing Android version quirks and fickle users that bring no money whatsoever to 99.999999999999999999% of developers, and finally you will go insane and repeat the words "update", "workaround", and "patch" until the day you die. Good luck.

I would agree with the previous statement that android is not made for audio at all due its core structure. Lately there are like 5 premium devices providing a latency of 20ms, more usual is 100ms++ though.

As you look at Google and Apple, this won't get any better in future, since these big companies tend to only add various layers of even more slowing, memory consuming abstraction, jit or scripting, and won't completely redesign the core structure. Apple actually did that until 10.9, but not nowadays anymore.

Ios devices are OK with around 10ms, but you are totally locked in into the annoying Apple cosmos and 100% dependent on this one company fulfilling the stock managers wet dreams only instead listening to customers.

So I wouldn't waste my time at all with targeting mobile market.

chrr wrote:I understand the creative developer crave for new challenges, new learning, but IMHO, as an old fart with lots of experience in software, platforms, and OSes, going Android will be a complete waste of time, a dead end, a nightmare. Your main Windows/MacOS DAW will become obsolete, then you'll notice you're lost in a sea of ever changing Android version quirks and fickle users that bring no money whatsoever to 99.999999999999999999% of developers, and finally you will go insane and repeat the words "update", "workaround", and "patch" until the day you die. Good luck.
Hear hear! Actually, going multi platform killed my company, for the reasons you stated.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

The lack of instructional videos, especially narrated ones, is a concern I share. But I don't feel that they need to come from the developer. Looking at other DAWs, most of the videos I enjoyed and learned from came from users and musicians, the community.

There was a instructional video series by a user for MuLab 5, which I thought was quite well done and thought it was a shame that the person didn't continue making more content of the same kind. Community created content is also a super effective way to popularize a product. Perhaps some of the experts around here could tackle this? :) You could be MuLab's Seamless!

As for Android, I second what others have said. I don't really see the market, and with hardware specs and OS versions/alterations being so wildly different, it's a big can of worm for an audio-focused app. If mobile, I think there is much more money on the iOS side, with fewer headaches. I could see a MUX version for iOS being quite successful (there are various synths available, nothing being as awesome as MUX). Porting and maintaining the full DAW might not be worth it, on the other hand.

Return to “MUTOOLS”