Waves Plugins - Really bad graphical response?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Am I the only one? Bad with my trackpad (OSX), and feels worse with my Wacom pen.

Turning knobs/moving sliders doesn't correlate 1:1 with the values displayed i.e it's possible to change the written values quite a lot without the knob/slider registering any movement. Also, with tiny movements, the mouse acceleration(?) can cause huge shifts in settings. Movement is so jerky

It just seems like there is such a disconnect when making adjustments, and with a Wacom there is a need to travel much further for the same adjustments

Is this just a bug?
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Wed May 16, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok! Just me :tu:

It's not a bug and you are not alone.
It's like it is..it has advantages and disadvantages and they wanted it like that.

The knob response can get worse with an "energy-saving" pc-setting. Try max-power. (realistic test-environment)
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote:It's not a bug and you are not alone.
It's like it is..it has advantages and disadvantages and they wanted it like that.

The knob response can get worse with an "energy-saving" pc-setting. Try max-power. (realistic test-environment)
Thanks!

Not on pc, so cannot check other settings.

What would you say are the advantages?

:) It has fine mouse-response when you dial slow and has some kind of acceleration when dialed fast .. So you may not need to press a second button for fine-tuning. ..i think that's what they thought.

95% of vst-knobs have no acceleration and we/i are used to it. So we like it more.
Humans are Gewöhnungstiere. (we don't like to step out of our habitat)

..imo
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote::)

..imo
Gewohnheitstiere :ud:

Klinke1 wrote::) It has fine mouse-response when you dial slow and has some kind of acceleration when dialed fast .. So you may not need to press a second button for fine-tuning. ..i think that's what they thought.

95% of vst-knobs have no acceleration and we/i are used to it. So we like it more.

..imo
I should have been clearer: I do understand what mouse acceleration is. it's just in this case, it seems to be too exaggerated. It's something that I'm sure I'd get used to. However, the issue that concerns me more is the disparity between actual movement of the knob, which does correlate with numerical change, and the actual graphical representation of the movement of the knob.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:However, the issue that concerns me more is the disparity between actual movement of the knob, which does correlate with numerical change, and the actual graphical representation of the movement of the knob.
What did Waves support say?

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soulone82 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:However, the issue that concerns me more is the disparity between actual movement of the knob, which does correlate with numerical change, and the actual graphical representation of the movement of the knob.
What did Waves support say?
I don't think I mentioned having contacted them yet.

Vortifex wrote:Story of my life
:wink:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I don't think I mentioned having contacted them yet.
Hence my post. :wink:

soulone82 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I don't think I mentioned having contacted them yet.
Hence my post. :wink:
I knew exactly what you meant. Did you read my first post?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Did you read my first post?
Of course. That´s why I think Waves should be made aware of your issues.

Edited title - edited post.
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed May 16, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”