Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
T-RackS Group Buy! Up to 5 free mixing and mastering processors!

T-RackS Group Buy

Easy-to-reach tiers, up to 5 free processors.

Mixing and mastering processors, including Lurssen Mastering Console.

Read more at www.ikmultimedia.com
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

10366 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Tue May 15, 2018 3:13 am Waves Plugins - Really bad graphical response?

Am I the only one? Bad with my trackpad (OSX), and feels worse with my Wacom pen.

Turning knobs/moving sliders doesn't correlate 1:1 with the values displayed i.e it's possible to change the written values quite a lot without the knob/slider registering any movement. Also, with tiny movements, the mouse acceleration(?) can cause huge shifts in settings. Movement is so jerky

It just seems like there is such a disconnect when making adjustments, and with a Wacom there is a need to travel much further for the same adjustments

Is this just a bug?
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Tue May 15, 2018 11:30 pm Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

Ok! Just me :tu:
Klinke1
KVRian

592 posts since 18 Feb, 2011

Postby Klinke1; Wed May 16, 2018 5:09 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

It's not a bug and you are not alone.
It's like it is..it has advantages and disadvantages and they wanted it like that.

The knob response can get worse with an "energy-saving" pc-setting. Try max-power. (realistic test-environment)
- WonderEcho -
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

Klinke1 wrote:It's not a bug and you are not alone.
It's like it is..it has advantages and disadvantages and they wanted it like that.

The knob response can get worse with an "energy-saving" pc-setting. Try max-power. (realistic test-environment)

Thanks!

Not on pc, so cannot check other settings.

What would you say are the advantages?
Klinke1
KVRian

592 posts since 18 Feb, 2011

Postby Klinke1; Wed May 16, 2018 6:00 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

:) It has fine mouse-response when you dial slow and has some kind of acceleration when dialed fast .. So you may not need to press a second button for fine-tuning. ..i think that's what they thought.

95% of vst-knobs have no acceleration and we/i are used to it. So we like it more.
Humans are Gewöhnungstiere. (we don't like to step out of our habitat)

..imo
- WonderEcho -
Stanoli
KVRist

196 posts since 5 Feb, 2014

Postby Stanoli; Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

Klinke1 wrote::)

..imo

Gewohnheitstiere :ud:
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Wed May 16, 2018 7:47 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

Klinke1 wrote::) It has fine mouse-response when you dial slow and has some kind of acceleration when dialed fast .. So you may not need to press a second button for fine-tuning. ..i think that's what they thought.

95% of vst-knobs have no acceleration and we/i are used to it. So we like it more.

..imo

I should have been clearer: I do understand what mouse acceleration is. it's just in this case, it seems to be too exaggerated. It's something that I'm sure I'd get used to. However, the issue that concerns me more is the disparity between actual movement of the knob, which does correlate with numerical change, and the actual graphical representation of the movement of the knob.
soulone82
KVRian

838 posts since 16 Aug, 2010, from almost everywhere...

Postby soulone82; Wed May 16, 2018 8:17 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:However, the issue that concerns me more is the disparity between actual movement of the knob, which does correlate with numerical change, and the actual graphical representation of the movement of the knob.

What did Waves support say?
Vortifex
KVRian

790 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

Story of my life
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Wed May 16, 2018 8:33 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

soulone82 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:However, the issue that concerns me more is the disparity between actual movement of the knob, which does correlate with numerical change, and the actual graphical representation of the movement of the knob.

What did Waves support say?

I don't think I mentioned having contacted them yet.
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Wed May 16, 2018 8:33 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

Vortifex wrote:Story of my life

:wink:
soulone82
KVRian

Postby soulone82; Wed May 16, 2018 9:04 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I don't think I mentioned having contacted them yet.

Hence my post. :wink:
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Wed May 16, 2018 9:08 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

soulone82 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I don't think I mentioned having contacted them yet.

Hence my post. :wink:

I knew exactly what you meant. Did you read my first post?
soulone82
KVRian

Postby soulone82; Wed May 16, 2018 9:17 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Did you read my first post?

Of course. That´s why I think Waves should be made aware of your issues.
Aloysius
KVRAF

21842 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Wed May 16, 2018 9:27 am Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad knob response?

Edited title - edited post.
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach 64. Keep 32-bit Plug-ins alive.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects