I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lethal

Isn't Sylent1 like hundred years old. It may have been good in the last decade but nowadays it would be like going to the store with wagon. I think buying Hive, Rapid, Avanger, Falcon, Halion 6, Spire, Dune2 and Ana2 would be a good choice.

Oopi wrote:Isn't Sylent1 like hundred years old.
Not quite, but, 11 years is quite old too. :)

Try the demo and see if you like it.

Oopi wrote:Isn't Sylent1 like hundred years old. It may have been good in the last decade but nowadays it would be like going to the store with wagon. I think buying Hive, Rapid, Avanger, Falcon, Halion 6, Spire, Dune2 and Ana2 would be a good choice.
isn't quality the important thing? how something sounds seems more important than when it was released. for me, the sounds i get with S1 are killer, i use it a lot, and no one says "wait! wouldn't a newer plugin sound better?" :D

I wonder which DAW you use since you might not have to buy any synth at all.
I think most of the included stuff in major DAW´s is good as Sylenth1 :D

Cinebient wrote:I wonder which DAW you use since you might not have to buy any synth at all.
Like? Can neither say that Cubase's nor Studio One's included instruments are as good as Sylenth1.

Considering i don't even consider Sylenth1 as the best synth, that speaks volumes. :P The best DAW included synth is Retrologue for me, and that's rather okay-ish, than really good.

chk071 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:I have Sylenth1 but rarely use it.
Same here. Was more of a "everyone has it, and it makes a great supersaw, so i got to have it" buy than anything else. :lol: (Didn't pay too much for it though, fortunately) I find reaching out to Spire most of the time, which, for me, sounds more modern, has more bang and character, more features, and it also doesn't have that ineffable lowering of volume when you crank up the filter resonance. You know, Sylenth1 is cool, but, IMO has been superseded by quite a few synths these days. And the fx are just awful. Again, Spire has such great fx, that it's no match at all.

@ Zexila: :tu:
Strange, I remember there are lots of chorus modes in Spire, but none of them sounded good to me. In S1 I only have two modes, but they sound better in my view.
Only the reverb is awful, the rest of the effects is fine.
I have demoed Spire repeatedly, but it never convinced me, same with Hive.
The basic sound of Spire can be pleasant, but the user interface is not for me. Too many tabs.
With Hive the sound character is my major gripe.

One thing I like about S1 is that there is not aliasing or other noise, unlike with many other synths.
And it is so efficient, I can run my DAW @ 96kHz, the sound is very good.

Do check Hive, it got really nice factory presets.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Massive, as popular but much more feature packed, lots of tutorials too. And with the wavetables a wider sonic palette. in current computers it is quite CPU friendly.

U-he hive, similar concept, good sounding, modern features.

I would get either of those before sylenth any day.
dedication to flying

chk071 wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I wonder which DAW you use since you might not have to buy any synth at all.
Like? Can neither say that Cubase's nor Studio One's included instruments are as good as Sylenth1.

Considering i don't even consider Sylenth1 as the best synth, that speaks volumes. :P The best DAW included synth is Retrologue for me, and that's rather okay-ish, than really good.
FL Studio comes with great sounding synths:

Sytrus, Harmless, GMS. Other then that there is also 3osx and minisynth. :)

Ok. Even though i've seen loads of people still using Sylenth1 in FL Studio.

Il synths sound a bit cold and digital in my view. Except for Sawer, which however is a bit limited, and a CPU hog...

Let's focus on synths with great presets like OP clearly stated.
mementus wrote: I am not a synth guy so I will use presets mostly and I like basic sounds. I liked the ones on Sylenth1 demo.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

mementus wrote:I already have Serum and was thinking to buy Syleth1 for its presets.
My goal is to produce electronic music, I am not planning to produce the next hit :lol:
I just want to produce a few easy song to begin.

Any other synth to consider in the same league?
I am not a synth guy so I will use presets mostly and I like basic sounds. I liked the ones on Sylenth1 demo.

Thank you!
Demo demo demo as many synths as you can.

Be very wary of 3rd party banks for Sylenth1. 99% are the same and a total rip off.

I remember trying to duplicate one preset from Sylenth1 that I really liked using a different synth, but I couldn’t get “that” sound. It just sounds great in Sylenth1. I should try it again one day...but I have a feeling I will have the same result.

Return to “Instruments”