Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
DuX
KVRAF

3632 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Thu May 03, 2018 7:54 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

AnX wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:Legend sounds incredible, can't wait for Synapse's Oberheim (OB-Xa) emulation.

Are they really working on that? If so, is there an ETA?

Yes, both a P600 and an OB-Xa are in the works. A MemoryMoog might happen at some point in the future too, but development hasn't started on that one.

All three of those, I'm not interested.

Same here, pretty dull synths, i'd prefer an accurate emu of the Polivoks or CS-15. 8)

But you can't make "Jump" brass preset on them. :lol:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
chk071
KVRAF

15573 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu May 03, 2018 8:22 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Shame they don't emulate the OB-X. I could be wrong, but... seems like it actually sounds quite a bit warmer, and more defined than the OB-Xa?

I remember there was a discussion about that a while ago, and, i think the OB-Xa used the same filter chip as the Prohet 5 or something, while the OB-X had a "typical" Oberheim filter.
Teksonik
KVRAF

12292 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Thu May 03, 2018 9:28 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VSE:

"The OB-X was very similar to the OB-Xa except that its voices could not be split or layered and, more significantly, the OB-X had a lowpass-only discrete SEM 12dB/oct state variable filter, which had a great and classic Oberheim sound. The OB-Xa changed that in an attempt to economize manufacturing and increase stability by switching to CEM3320 Curtis chips for its filters. The Xa offered two switchable filter modes: 12 dB/oct (2-pole) or 24 dB/oct (4-pole). This hardware change resulted in a more agressive sound, not quite as creamy as the OBX original, but what still became a "bread and butter" sound of the Oberheim line".

I'm sure there are some who prefer the OB-X to the OB-Xa and vice versa........ :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16207 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Thu May 03, 2018 9:46 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

OB-Xa is far from dull. But yes, OB-X was the best out of the three, sound-wise. Discrete voiceboards FTW.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

11268 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu May 03, 2018 9:53 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

DuX wrote:
AnX wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:Legend sounds incredible, can't wait for Synapse's Oberheim (OB-Xa) emulation.

Yes, both a P600 and an OB-Xa are in the works. A MemoryMoog might happen at some point in the future too, but development hasn't started on that one.

Same here, pretty dull synths, i'd prefer an accurate emu of the Polivoks or CS-15. 8)

But you can't make "Jump" brass preset on them. :lol:

One of the best Jump brass pad I have heard was from Tone2 Saurus :hihi:
Not a fan of that whole emulation business...
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Thu May 03, 2018 10:05 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Teksonik wrote:I'm sure there are some who prefer the OB-X to the OB-Xa and vice versa........ :shrug:

Sure. I'm happy about any Oberheim emu.
Stefken
KVRist

418 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Postby Stefken; Thu May 03, 2018 11:20 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

AnX wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:
Examigan wrote:

+1
DuX
KVRAF

3632 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Thu May 03, 2018 1:15 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

I suppose it shouldn't be a big hassle to make an OB-X and OB-Xa e-mu all in one. Just have two filter types and X-mod for both. Is there anything else? It would be interesting to be able to use X-mod with OB-Xa filters... ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

11268 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu May 03, 2018 1:38 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

The difference was the filter among other things, right?
That gave me an idea for a new synth: a modular synth where one can combine famous, precisely modulated filters, oscillators, envelope generators etc. I.e. not synths or synth modules like in Diva. But really the components as such. That should automatically allow the emulation of a whole range of synths, which were also based on those components.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Thu May 03, 2018 1:51 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

DuX wrote:I suppose it shouldn't be a big hassle to make an OB-X and OB-Xa e-mu all in one. Just have two filter types and X-mod for both. Is there anything else? It would be interesting to be able to use X-mod with OB-Xa filters... ;)

Question is if they have both synths available for A/B comparison...
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Thu May 03, 2018 1:52 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

fluffy_little_something wrote:The difference was the filter among other things, right?
That gave me an idea for a new synth: a modular synth where one can combine famous, precisely modulated filters, oscillators, envelope generators etc. I.e. not synths or synth modules like in Diva. But really the components as such. That should automatically allow the emulation of a whole range of synths, which were also based on those components.

Well, yeah... but then you couldn't sell one synth at a time, and you'd also have to do a lot of development for a monster synth for which you can charge 150 - 200 € maybe. ;)
Mutant
KVRAF

3300 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Thu May 03, 2018 2:00 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

fluffy_little_something wrote:That gave me an idea for a new synth: a modular synth where one can combine famous, precisely modulated filters, oscillators, envelope generators etc. I.e. not synths or synth modules like in Diva. But really the components as such. That should automatically allow the emulation of a whole range of synths, which were also based on those components.

Developers already do that.
But most will want you to buy as many plugins as there are real synths to emulate, not just 1 swiss army knife of analog emulation (except Reaktor).
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
AnX
KVRAF

2688 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Wed May 16, 2018 10:31 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Legend v1.22 is out, couple of bugfixes
legendCNCD
KVRian

700 posts since 23 Sep, 2004, from there

Postby legendCNCD; Thu May 17, 2018 5:32 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Huh. I would sell my first born for FS1R and Andromeda in VST form (If I even had 1st born :D )!
AnX
KVRAF

2688 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Thu May 17, 2018 7:35 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Legend v1.22 is out, couple of bugfixes
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments