Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

fluffy_little_something wrote:The difference was the filter among other things, right?
That gave me an idea for a new synth: a modular synth where one can combine famous, precisely modulated filters, oscillators, envelope generators etc. I.e. not synths or synth modules like in Diva. But really the components as such. That should automatically allow the emulation of a whole range of synths, which were also based on those components.
Well, yeah... but then you couldn't sell one synth at a time, and you'd also have to do a lot of development for a monster synth for which you can charge 150 - 200 € maybe. ;)

fluffy_little_something wrote:That gave me an idea for a new synth: a modular synth where one can combine famous, precisely modulated filters, oscillators, envelope generators etc. I.e. not synths or synth modules like in Diva. But really the components as such. That should automatically allow the emulation of a whole range of synths, which were also based on those components.
Developers already do that.
But most will want you to buy as many plugins as there are real synths to emulate, not just 1 swiss army knife of analog emulation (except Reaktor).
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Legend v1.22 is out, couple of bugfixes

Huh. I would sell my first born for FS1R and Andromeda in VST form (If I even had 1st born :D )!
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Legend v1.22 is out, couple of bugfixes

EvilDragon wrote:OB-Xa is far from dull. But yes, OB-X was the best out of the three, sound-wise. Discrete voiceboards FTW.
What a bunch of spoiled brats we've all become. I can guarantee you that nobody who bought any of these things new gave a toss about which filter chip it used, they just wanted to make music. OB-X and OB-Xa were probably the two synths I saw most regularly at gigs in the first half of the 80s, followed closely by things like Jupiter 8 and Pro-One.

I used to lust after all of them at the time but nowadays I have little or no interest in either emulations or the real thing. I learned my lesson first with the JP-08, which doesn't sound very good at all, and the Korg Arp Odyssey VSTi, which can definitely sound good but is far too limited (no velocity response, for Dog's sake). It made me realise that it's the music that matters, not the tools so now I just want good synths and I don't care where they come from.

Luckily, The Legend is a good synth so the fact it's also an emulation doesn't bother me too much, although I'm sure that it could have been more versatile if they'd taken the elements and organised them better. If it was more versatile, I think I'd use it more.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

A litte off topic but it may help some people who talked about "dull" synth here lately.

I recently discovered a small dev-team from canada called PLOGUE (never heard of them before)...and bought their FM Porta Synth and I was so much surprised how excellent it sounds and what you can do with it. This thing has 15!!! step-sequencer which you can define for shaping the sound further via a modulatian matrix. I couldn´t stop playing and programming this thing and I couldn´t get the big grin out of my face either :) Plus this thing has an amazing low-end sound. Uncomparable. Now I delved deeper and am aware that all their stuff is just great and totally niche. They are freaks in an absolutely positive way. Isn´t that the thing some people are really looking for?.

The Legend is really okay for me as an emulation. But nothing surprises me here either.

nichttuntun wrote:A litte off topic but it may help some people who talked about "dull" synth here lately.

I recently discovered a small dev-team from canada called PLOGUE (never heard of them before)...and bought their FM Porta Synth and I was so much surprised how excellent it sounds and what you can do with it. This thing has 15!!! step-sequencer which you can define for shaping the sound further via a modulatian matrix. I couldn´t stop playing and programming this thing and I couldn´t get the big grin out of my face either :) Plus this thing has an amazing low-end sound. Uncomparable. Now I delved deeper and am aware that all their stuff is just great and totally niche. They are freaks in an absolutely positive way. Isn´t that the thing some people are really looking for?.

The Legend is really okay for me as an emulation. But nothing surprises me here either.
Plogue make niche chip tune synths based on 8/16 bit game consoles.

Are you honestly serious about Porta FM? A synth based on budget 2op fm keyboards?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

nichttuntun wrote:A litte off topic but it may help some people who talked about "dull" synth here lately.

I recently discovered a small dev-team from canada called PLOGUE (never heard of them before)...
Yeah, theyre pretty new on the scene :clown:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

snip

v1o wrote:

Plogue make niche chip tune synths based on 8/16 bit game consoles.

Are you honestly serious about Porta FM? A synth based on budget 2op fm keyboards?
Yes. Porta FM is incredibly sounding (not only Porta FM, all their emulations) and the architecture they used is made for endless sound design sessions. It really flashes me. I was totally astonished because I thought as you first.

Of course it emulates a relatively cheap produced soundchip but it offers true and 100% authentically sounding FM synthesis with a low bottom end which leaves many other VSTs (and hardware synth / I got several PD Casio Synth and a Kawai K5 AM Synth and know the DX7) to a shame. Don´t be fooled by the pure chip emulation facts.

Sound-design:
This thing rocks. 2 Layers, 15 step sequencers which all can modulate different things!!! Imagine that. Plus the integrated great sounding and completely editable drum machine (totally based on synthesis too) which offers great possibilities alone.

At first look PortaFM seems just another small tool and the Youtube demonstration is relatively boring due to the choice of soundpresets...but you really should look under the hood of this thing. It´s a beast and huge and complex. You can literally create "everything" with it and it has a reasonable CPU usage. The programming is totally efficient. And the price it anbeatable. It came as the first installment of a new "CZ" series. It´s 30 dollars!!! You can´t go wrong here. Try it out it´s such a joy and fun, can´t recommend enough if you search for something "new".

Maybe you should post your praises in the plogue thread, as its not relevant to Legend.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=445892&start=210

:clap: :tu:

VariKusBrainZ wrote:

I recently discovered a small dev-team from canada called PLOGUE (never heard of them before)...
Yeah, theyre pretty new on the scene :clown:
:lol:
Fernando (FMR)

Richard_Synapse wrote:We have now been working on a couple of vintage synth emulations (with only The Legend released yet).
DUNE 3 when?

Return to “Instruments”