Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
Chris-S
KVRAF

2544 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Wed May 16, 2018 8:44 am Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Thanks for pointing. :tu:
DarkStar
KVRAF

8505 posts since 2 Sep, 2003, from Surrey, UK

Postby DarkStar; Wed May 16, 2018 9:03 am Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

chk071 wrote:FileSilo is still not accessible though. :? For hours now.

Just tried it - it took a minute or so to load the home page, then each subsequent page ("Performing a TLS handshake")
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

10191 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Wed May 16, 2018 9:07 am Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Not sure where to find this issue, as it doesn't come up when selecting 'Digital Cross-Platform' :neutral:
chk071
KVRAF

16007 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed May 16, 2018 9:10 am Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

True, Zinio still seems to have the former issue.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Wed May 16, 2018 9:15 am Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

DarkStar wrote:

Just tried it - it took a minute or so to load the home page, then each subsequent page ("Performing a TLS handshake")

I really wonder what's wrong with that damn site, seriously. Even uploading the files on a personal Google Drive account wouldn't cause such a quick overload. I bet it was the most inexpensive option available, and now they get what they paid for.
Saukar30
KVRian

986 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Postby Saukar30; Wed May 16, 2018 9:17 am Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

This has gotta be one of the best CM synths ever. Thanks to Dmitri & the guys at CM for making this possible. We live in great times to make music!

Sidenote... Filesilo really sucks
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Wed May 16, 2018 1:38 pm Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Saukar30 wrote:This has gotta be one of the best CM synths ever. Thanks to Dmitri & the guys at CM for making this possible. We live in great times to make music!

After i was finally able to download it, and play around with it a bit now, i can only confirm this. I would even say the best, and richest featured CM synth now.
topaz
KVRAF

4175 posts since 14 Jul, 2001, from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Postby topaz; Wed May 16, 2018 2:06 pm Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

The CM video patches sounded very FM Clangy digital, is that the general sound of Thorn
Or can it do warm too.

I know it's practically free but just wondered ?
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 pm Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

It surely is a bit more on the digital side. Sounds very crisp, clean, and hi-fi though. Only niggle (i already had with the full version) is that the sound gets quite muffled in the lower registers, which is, as far as i understood it, a necessary evil due to it's spectral nature.
EnGee
KVRAF

4678 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby EnGee; Wed May 16, 2018 2:39 pm Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

chk071 wrote:
DarkStar wrote:

I really wonder what's wrong with that damn site, seriously. Even uploading the files on a personal Google Drive account wouldn't cause such a quick overload. I bet it was the most inexpensive option available, and now they get what they paid for.

Damn! Still has a problem?! I tried it yesterday night and was pissed off and left it and went to sleep! Today, and after more than 10 hours, it is still the same shit :x

filesilo.jpg

This might be the last time I buy a magazine online! :dog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My lovely setup: Windows 10, Reason 10, Cubase 9.5, AudioBox iTwo, Casio PX-5S, Korg microKey & nanoKontrol and a bunch of great soft synths and instruments :)
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

What's funny is that it's really just the site which is so slow... the actual download maxed out my 50 MBit/s connection.

Are you looking to download the whole plugin pack, or just Thorn CM?
EnGee
KVRAF

4678 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby EnGee; Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

chk071 wrote:What's funny is that it's really just the site which is so slow... the actual download maxed out my 50 MBit/s connection.

Are you looking to download the whole plugin pack, or just Thorn CM?

Well, Thorn CM mainly and whatsoever I missed since last year issue!
Thanks for asking :)
My lovely setup: Windows 10, Reason 10, Cubase 9.5, AudioBox iTwo, Casio PX-5S, Korg microKey & nanoKontrol and a bunch of great soft synths and instruments :)
VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRist

355 posts since 18 Sep, 2017, from Planet Earth

Postby VELLTONE MUSIC; Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 pm Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

THORN CM feels like complete synth,but i'm bit confused is it subtractive or additive synthesis - mix maybe ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r_m60A ... e=youtu.be
Joe CM
KVRer

23 posts since 15 Jun, 2016

Postby Joe CM; Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 am Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

chk071 wrote:
Saukar30 wrote:This has gotta be one of the best CM synths ever. Thanks to Dmitri & the guys at CM for making this possible. We live in great times to make music!

After i was finally able to download it, and play around with it a bit now, i can only confirm this. I would even say the best, and richest featured CM synth now.

Agreed :party: :tu:
Joe CM
KVRer

23 posts since 15 Jun, 2016

Postby Joe CM; Thu May 17, 2018 1:20 am Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

And yes, FileSilo is being painfully slow right now. We're investigating the problem.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments