ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

So the sound did change from Reelbus v3 to v4?

Deleted

Anyone compare to Softube and Blackrooster.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Fantastic update to one of my favourite plugins. Thanks Toneboosters!

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:This also appears to replace/update Ferox.

Btw, I’m seeing, as I’m sure everyone is, a pattern here. Truly inexpensive 3’s, but now buying individual 4’s at $25 a pop. Thinking of what’s included in both bundles, that could be in excess of $300 with future 4 offerings...pure genius!

And so far, worth every penny.
I hope it doesn't replace ferox ,ferox is a charming low cpu plug .
IN reelbus 4 ,(ferox tape mode ) the compressor release setting is missing :cry: ,
And looking at screenshots I don't see a Feedback control for Echo/Delay which to my ears is a big part of the Ferox magic.

So, um, obviously I upgraded right away.

But I too feel that somehow it's an uncanny valley thing with that paradox of the sterile 2D interface and the expected "deep analog 3D warmth" sound of a supposed tape plugin. The interface is so cold and digital, how can anything that comes out of it sound "real"? Has this "Ozone FX for cheapskates" taste to it, dunno. Receiving very mixed signals from that processor.

OTOH it made me install the EQ4 and Reverb4 demos, so I'm pretty sure I'll have to get those at some point.
Swings and roundabouts, I guess. :shrug:

I downloaded the portable non-installer zip, so maybe I'm missing out on a manual that's in the installer or something (found no downloads for one on the product page). But does anyone know what those processing modes are? Set to "Recorder" (default) it sounds OK, as "Insert FX" it's really muffled, and as "Send FX" it just goes dead. I thought they may have made it so that in "send" mode it expects a signal on all sorts of input channels higher than 1&2, and then it sums it down to output channels 1&2... but that doesn't seem to be the case. Pretty weird.
Confucamus.

The manual is well hidden in the website support page, "Contact" paragraph...

https://www.toneboosters.com/support.html

https://www.toneboosters.com/manuals/TB ... Manual.pdf

Hope it helps,
Mario

Yup, that solved the mystery, thanks.

Although your direct link doesn't work (your URL is correct, but just goes to TB front page) and the manual index isn't hyperlinked... sigh... scrollfest to page 92.
Reelbus manual wrote:
  • Recorder: in this mode, ReelBus acts as tape recorder simulator. All input signals are processed by the tape simulation effect.
  • Send FX: in this mode, ReelBus only produces echo and flanging output contributions, without outputting the original input. This mode is suitable for using ReelBus as bus effect to produce tape echo and flanging.
  • Insert FX: in this mode, ReelBus produces the original (unprocessed) input as output, plus any flange and echo effects. This mode is suitable for using ReelBus as insert effect to generate tape echo and flanging.
Confucamus.

Strange, the direct link doesn't work indeed... go figure...

- Mario

Since says prelease likely will be updated, right?

acousticglue wrote:Since says prelease likely will be updated, right?
I got an email offer for $23. I think that’s the going price for everyone right now.

Rockatansky wrote:So, um, obviously I upgraded right away.

But I too feel that somehow it's an uncanny valley thing with that paradox of the sterile 2D interface and the expected "deep analog 3D warmth" sound of a supposed tape plugin. The interface is so cold and digital, how can anything that comes out of it sound "real"? Has this "Ozone FX for cheapskates" taste to it, dunno. Receiving very mixed signals from that processor.
This post is a joke right ?
You aren't really suggesting that a plugins UI design somehow controls how it could possibly sound ?

The v4 UIs are superb, and. huge upgrade on the V3s
Duh

Yeah, love the GUI's. Not sure whether or not they have an effect on the sound though. :D

bungle wrote: This post is a joke right ?
You aren't really suggesting that a plugins UI design somehow controls how it could possibly sound ?

The v4 UIs are superb, and. huge upgrade on the V3s
There IS a thread (that’s mostly a joke, I think) about which DAW sounds the best. :hihi:

I do like the new v4 UIs. But it seems that some features get left out from previous products that were nice. The colorized bands from EQ3 come to mind ... still haven’t made their way to EQ4.

I adore V4 GUI's. I can understand why someone not like them but they are right up my alley + oversizing YES!!!

I still can not believe how good these plugins sound for such price.

Return to “Effects”