Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Do any of these sequencers have ratcheting or step division yet?

Some more observations about MONO.

• Host-Synced Delay is not really synced. While the readout is changing from ms to rate when Sync is selected, moving the knob within the range of the displayed rate still alters the delays frequency just as it would in non-synced milliseconds mode.

• There is something seriously odd going on with the Decay stages. Strange as it may sound, but dialling in the Decay is more like dialling in Attack, i.e. it has much more of the character of adding Attack than it has Decay. Since this is best demonstrated by audio i have uploaded a short comparison clip to MONOs KVR entry. (To avoid having to use an off-site filehoster.) First V-Station, then MONO. This was the 'fastest' decay MONO was capable of. (Like i said, it sounds like there is a pound of attack on it but thats the decay only.) The clip will be removed when no longer needed. Download here.

PS: Both synths were triggered by the same instance of SEQ16x3v2 and routed into HY-Delay3.

Doc Brown wrote:Do any of these sequencers have ratcheting or step division yet?
After midi learn, I will look into step sub-division.
ENV1 wrote:Some more observations about MONO.

• Host-Synced Delay is not really synced. While the readout is changing from ms to rate when Sync is selected, moving the knob within the range of the displayed rate still alters the delays frequency just as it would in non-synced milliseconds mode.

• There is something seriously odd going on with the Decay stages. Strange as it may sound, but dialling in the Decay is more like dialling in Attack, i.e. it has much more of the character of adding Attack than it has Decay. Since this is best demonstrated by audio i have uploaded a short comparison clip to MONOs KVR entry. (To avoid having to use an off-site filehoster.) First V-Station, then MONO. This was the 'fastest' decay MONO was capable of. (Like i said, it sounds like there is a pound of attack on it but thats the decay only.) The clip will be removed when no longer needed. Download [url=<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.kvraudio.com/product/hy-mono ... oads</span>]here[/url].

PS: Both synths were triggered by the same instance of SEQ16x3v2 and routed into HY-Delay3.
Honestly I don't remember the detail of this synth since I made this one some years ago.
And its code is very messy.
I will check those things when I have time.

Edit:
about Coarse knob of HY-Mono
It seems auto center adjust causes "-2st" issue.
I will try to fix this one.

Oh, I just saw that Seq16x3v2 has been updated to 1.0.5
Added light skin mode (full version)
Added snapshot bank (full version)
Improved trigger timing of the first step of a bar (full/free version)
Output Min/Range control for SEQ3 didn’t work correctly(fixed)
few minor changes
Snapshot bank is really great, now we can have 48 snapshots!
Thanks for this :)
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

ENV1 wrote:Some more observations about MONO.

• There is something seriously odd going on with the Decay stages. Strange as it may sound, but dialling in the Decay is more like dialling in Attack, i.e. it has much more of the character of adding Attack than it has Decay. Since this is best demonstrated by audio i have uploaded a short comparison clip to MONOs KVR entry. (To avoid having to use an off-site filehoster.) First V-Station, then MONO. This was the 'fastest' decay MONO was capable of. (Like i said, it sounds like there is a pound of attack on it but thats the decay only.) The clip will be removed when no longer needed. Download here.

Yes the decay is strange indeed. Can't use it for bass sounds because of this. That's just me though.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:
hyakken wrote:And I added random step order mode to RPE based on this suggestion.
I think it has a bug. I used a triplet in the permutation mode (?!) in one block and observed it for like 100 beats. I set 1=on, 2=on, 3=off if that is important.
->
It played 1,2,3 and 2,1,3 numerous times, lots of repetitions... may be due to randomness.
BUT: it ALWAYS played the 3 as the last one.
I fixed this one in this update.
Please try latest one.

And fixed coarse knob of HY-Mono.

Tadashi

Thanks, Tadashi! Since you are using randomness... maybe you can put some thought into conditional midi creation. "if condition x is met, play y". IDK if it will always lead to a complicated product, a sound programming language nobody uses (and max/msp already exists) - but still I feel it may be worth a thought, because all midi creators currently IMO always have no conditions.
Just thinking loud. :D

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:Thanks, Tadashi! Since you are using randomness... maybe you can put some thought into conditional midi creation. "if condition x is met, play y". IDK if it will always lead to a complicated product, a sound programming language nobody uses (and max/msp already exists) - but still I feel it may be worth a thought, because all midi creators currently IMO always have no conditions.
Just thinking loud. :D
Do you have any examples about conditional stuff?

HY-Mono v1.5.5 has plugin crash issue on changing presets (only for Windows version).
V1.5.51 fixed that issue.
So if you use v1.5.5, please update to v1.5.51.

Tadashi

For Cubase user, if you use ASIO-Guard, please change its level to "normal" or "low".
This setting affects to the clock of my sequencer.

Tadashi

Sorry double post, please delete it.
Last edited by hyakken on Thu May 17, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by hyakken on Thu May 17, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I just released new one.
Please check it.

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-slicerwin-mac/

Thank you,
Tadashi

Awesome! :tu:

That looks very nice indeed - will check that out soon Tadeshi.

Return to “Effects”