Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
11948 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Sun May 13, 2018 11:24 pm Re: Roland Cloud

I am really happy about the updated GUI (clean GUI zooming) and the linear knob behavior of the Roland Cloud Jupiter-8 plugin in the latset v1.05 update. Makes the plugin even better than it alraedy was.

Activating "Optimize For Lower CPU Usage" in the Options menu reduces the CPU lad to around 50-60% of the full quality CPU use. Compared to the first version of the Jupiter-8 plugin even at full quality the CPU load is MUCH lower at the current version.
Ingo Weidner
notebook: HP Omen 15.6" / Win 10 Home 64-bit / i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (internal) // audio: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen)
DAWs: Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // controller: Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1
User avatar
beely
KVRAF
 
1524 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Postby beely; Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 am Re: Roland Cloud

Ingonator wrote:Activating "Optimize For Lower CPU Usage" in the Options menu reduces the CPU lad to around 50-60% of the full quality CPU use. Compared to the first version of the Jupiter-8 plugin even at full quality the CPU load is MUCH lower at the current version.


I tried this, and I'm not sure exactly what it does technically, but it does affect the sound quite a bit, at least in the few patches I tried. I had a thick, detuned pad, and with the optimised CPU load option turned on, the thickness and swirly detuned-ness is lessened and becomes more static - it's like it switches to a more CPU efficient but much lower accuracy emulation mode.
SLiC
KVRAF
 
2382 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Mon May 14, 2018 1:53 am Re: Roland Cloud

I think some of these Roland plugs are now amongst the very best sounding VST's I own...sorry, 'rent' (including Diva, Repro, Legend et al)

Its a pity they are under the radar for so many people due to the subscription model, but I am personally happy to haver an apparently never ending source of really high quality VSTs for 200 bucks a year, I would have spent that anyway on other stuff if |I wasn't getting my fill from Roland so in the end its probably saving me money :D :borg:
Current Gear: i7 Win 10, BWS, Live 9, Cubase 9.5, S13 and a LOT of VSTs. X32 Desk. R8s, DM12, Prophet8, Virus TI, System 1m, ARP, Nektar P6, 240hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses, Mikes and Amps
User avatar
rod_zero
KVRAF
 
2795 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 pm Re: Roland Cloud

The update does make the more enjoyable, the mono plugouts got note priority selection too.

I spend the afternoon using the plugouts along the system 8 and it is almost the "HW/SW" control of synths I have been waiting for, there are a few show stoppers as the lack of the synchronization of the S8 lights with the current selected plugout. No problem with the S8, Juno and Jupiter but becomes annoying if you want to control each one of the mono plugouts, but even then after a while you start to develope muscle memory.

I think the system 1m and the Roland cloud are a great combo for ITB production with some hardware feel.
dedication to flying
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
11948 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Wed May 16, 2018 11:42 pm Re: Roland Cloud

SLiC wrote:I think some of these Roland plugs are now amongst the very best sounding VST's I own...sorry, 'rent' (including Diva, Repro, Legend et al)

Its a pity they are under the radar for so many people due to the subscription model, but I am personally happy to haver an apparently never ending source of really high quality VSTs for 200 bucks a year, I would have spent that anyway on other stuff if |I wasn't getting my fill from Roland so in the end its probably saving me money :D :borg:


The Roland Cloud analog emulations indeed are along the best sounding analog modeled plugins together with e.g. The Legend, U-He Diva, U-He Repro-5, Korg Odyssey, TAL plugins and Xils Lab plugins (FWIW i own most of those i just mentioned).

Besides that also the digital emulations like JV-1080 (which actually is a XV-5080) and D-50 are very nice too.
Ingo Weidner
notebook: HP Omen 15.6" / Win 10 Home 64-bit / i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (internal) // audio: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen)
DAWs: Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // controller: Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1
SLiC
KVRAF
 
2382 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Wed May 16, 2018 11:56 pm Re: Roland Cloud

rod_zero wrote:The update does make the more enjoyable, the mono plugouts got note priority selection too.

I spend the afternoon using the plugouts along the system 8 and it is almost the "HW/SW" control of synths I have been waiting for, there are a few show stoppers as the lack of the synchronization of the S8 lights with the current selected plugout. No problem with the S8, Juno and Jupiter but becomes annoying if you want to control each one of the mono plugouts, but even then after a while you start to develope muscle memory.

I think the system 1m and the Roland cloud are a great combo for ITB production with some hardware feel.


I agree, my system 1m is now used twice as much as a controller (now the CPU use is reasonable) and as part of my modular system when I want to get away from the monitor and play with hardware :tu:

Given the quantity of cloud based apps now I wonder if Roland will ever do 'just a controller'?
Current Gear: i7 Win 10, BWS, Live 9, Cubase 9.5, S13 and a LOT of VSTs. X32 Desk. R8s, DM12, Prophet8, Virus TI, System 1m, ARP, Nektar P6, 240hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses, Mikes and Amps
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments