Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
lfm
KVRAF

4468 posts since 22 Jan, 2005, from Sweden

Postby lfm; Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:01 am Re: So, which DAW's support WASAPI?

Image-Line wrote:
rod_zero wrote:Why would you want to use WASAPI?

Multi-client support for one. Most native ASIO drivers are not multi-client and it's a pain.

Regards Scott

Isn't WDM also multiclient?

I have some settings in RME for how many WDM clients to wrap, or similar if I got that right.

Most daws support WDM as I recall - and gotten as good latency with WDM as with ASIO.
And ASIO4ALL make one ASIO from several WDM too.
audiojunkie
KVRAF

2687 posts since 18 Apr, 2002, from Ogden, UT

Postby audiojunkie; Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:40 am Re: So, which DAW's support WASAPI?

For those asking why, here's one reason to consider:

Using WASAPI with Windows 10 allows users with laptops to be more portable--you can use your laptop on the go while using your built-in sound card (rather than needing a specialized external sound card), "with low latency". Works great, and most of the built-in sound cards are as good or better than pro sound cards from just 10 years ago.

I'm excited about the Windows 10 native WASAPI driver!! I think it is one area where Microsoft is going in the right direction! :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
rod_zero
KVRAF

2834 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:20 am Re: So, which DAW's support WASAPI?

audiojunkie wrote:For those asking why, here's one reason to consider:

Using WASAPI with Windows 10 allows users with laptops to be more portable--you can use your laptop on the go while using your built-in sound card (rather than needing a specialized external sound card), "with low latency". Works great, and most of the built-in sound cards are as good or better than pro sound cards from just 10 years ago.

I'm excited about the Windows 10 native WASAPI driver!! I think it is one area where Microsoft is going in the right direction! :-)

Would have to test it, after working so many years with RME drivers I am really afriad of using anything else. In fact I would that RME released a simple USB stick for DA conversion for on the go production.
dedication to flying
NystagmusE
KVRist

268 posts since 24 Feb, 2015

Postby NystagmusE; Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:47 am Re: So, which DAW's support WASAPI?

in Reaper on Linux I get better results using WASAPI for my USB interface than with ASIO.
Download and/or play fun music: https://hearthis.at/protozone
chk071
KVRAF

16404 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:51 am Re: So, which DAW's support WASAPI?

nevermind
thejonsolo
KVRAF

1916 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Charleston, SC

Postby thejonsolo; Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:13 pm Re: So, which DAW's support WASAPI?

Cubase.
SuperFly76
KVRAF

1853 posts since 21 Sep, 2004, from Musician, Recording Engineer, Producer

Postby SuperFly76; Tue May 08, 2018 9:49 pm Re: So, which DAW's support WASAPI?

audiojunkie wrote:For those asking why, here's one reason to consider:

This!!! Major reason for more DAWs to support WASAPI. I have a number of soundcards in the studio. Sometimes I just want to fire up the laptop and use reason on the go. Latency makes this a pain, and ASIO wrappers like ASIO4all add another layer of instability. Windows can now do low latency audio on it's own. Wish all DAWs supported this. Reaper is super stable at low latencies using WASAPI Exclusive on my Surface Pro 4.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC
ckoe
KVRist

106 posts since 26 Sep, 2017, from Berlin

Postby ckoe; Wed May 16, 2018 10:19 pm Re: So, which DAW's support WASAPI?

rod_zero wrote:Why would you want to use WASAPI?

With onboard sound you have the benefit of low latency with the use of parallel audiostreams from browser and so on. That's a way better solution as ASIO4ALL wich allows only one audiostream at once. Every DAW should support WASAPI.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)