One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

progtronic wrote:I rely on an intensely complicated, totally reliable and amazingly accurate system of measurement, probability and fairness when scoring OSC songs.
ah c'mon man this is way less accurate than my waveform stencil i used for last month.

Congrats to winners :tu: .
Aro wrote: Its just not the right group for me, but I do admire how you all develop from one another. Lara
This is kind of counter-judgment. Actually this is the right place for anyone who love music and trying to be better. Not to be better for others but for your self. Forget about voting and points. For me the day I decide to join OSC was one of the best decision I ever made.
:party: .

It is the same mistake why most people visit the gym. They just want to look good in others eyes. They want to have nice lean body with muscles everywhere only in order to look good. This is all wrong. You train for yourself to make you more healthy and happy and to push your own limits. The "look" thing is just side "product" of your efforts. There is only one person you can win over - your current self.

Do not ever compare your efforts to others works or even worst - to numbers. Build your "power" in order to throw devastating "punch" (I like metaphor and I like boxing :D ) that makes you satisfied but only for now and move forward again.

TrojakEW wrote: This is kind of counter-judgment. Actually this is the right place for anyone who love music and trying to be better. Not to be better for others but for your self. Forget about voting and points. For me the day I decide to join OSC was one of the best decision I ever made.
:party: .

It is the same mistake why most people visit the gym. They just want to look good in others eyes. They want to have nice lean body with muscles everywhere only in order to look good. This is all wrong. You train for yourself to make you more healthy and happy and to push your own limits. The "look" thing is just side "product" of your efforts. There is only one person you can win over - your current self.

Do not ever compare your efforts to others works or even worst - to numbers. Build your "power" in order to throw devastating "punch" (I like metaphor and I like boxing :D ) that makes you satisfied but only for now and move forward again.
Could not have said it better. :tu:

(FWIW, my track that ended up in the bottom quarter here has been bought by over 10 people from my bandcamp page for a dollar each since it's release :wink: )

Congratulations Taron and winners! Thanks Jasinski for bumping our track into the 5th position :) It was a strong field, well done all...

@Aro
Of course you are right to trust your feelings and if this place does not inspire you to enjoy and improve more, then no need to stay :) I think your music would find a lot of appreciation here though - I don't think there is a mismatch of styles or anything like that - imho it is a matter of polishing the production more and more. Just my feeling! Also - it doesn't have to be all or nothing - plenty of people participate in OSC from time to time but not every month, and that enriches the experience for everyone :tu:

Congrats all!

Congrats to all the winners. A very strong field - kudos to J for stepping back (fab track btw!).

Aro, don't give up here - I lingered down the bottom for many months, I learnt my craft from others here, moved up to my usual halfway position with the occasional top 5 placings. I am happy with simply just creating music, and "bending"/"using" the synth of the month to create a track. If others like it a lot and rate it, great, if not, so be it, I'm happy to be able to get a track out of the door each month.

Being a member here, and participating regularly has taught me a lot with lots of help and suggestions from the many more talented folk here than me. Hopefully I will still make strides, albeit it little ones!

Also Aro, my style is definitely not one which gels with many here, but I don't let that bother me because for me it's MY music and that's what counts more than anything.

dB

Aro wrote:Congratulations Taron and everyone who partook in the competition for the effort involved. It was good fun, but I can see that my style doesn't really jive here. I'm glad I gave it a go. And I wish much further learnings amongst the group. But I got to go with my gut and make music that makes me happy. Even if it lands me last place here. And I have a feeling it would over and over again. Which isn't good for my creativity, so I'm stepping back. Its just not the right group for me, but I do admire how you all develop from one another.

Lara
Please, please, stay making music which makes you happy. I did not participate this time, but when I did, I always expected to be last place, knowing my style is kind of the opposite what is shown here most of the time.
I have a much bigger problem that this place is male dominated, we need the other voices so much. Well it is a competition, but not so much about winning, much more about participating...

Way to go Taron such a well deserved win!

To all the winners and people that participated great job! There were so many awesome tracks, it was a great month for sure.
Thanks Jasinski, that was a phenomenal track!

For the prize, I would love "Dmitry Sches, Diversion"

Aro, don't be discouraged, one of the things that makes this place so powerful is the feed back and info. It is not about the win it's about the challenge to ourselves.

I'm going to sit the next one out due to time constraints but I will be checking out all the great tracks.

Cogratz everyone! I really didn't think my track would come anywhere near placing this month, so I'm kinda scratching my head.

@Aro, just be your yourself and write what you feel...then enter it :) Depending on the month and synth, you'd be surprised how many different styles do well.

Prize: Modelonia 2 please.

I'd like to request Dexed for OSC 112, too, unless something better and less trampled is already in place :) In an FM mood.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote:...@Aro, just be your yourself and write what you feel...then enter it :) Depending on the month and synth, you'd be surprised how many different styles do well...
Yep, seriously.

Nearly cracked the top 5, with what is probably the weirdest thing I've ever composed.. ever. Even with (what I'd consider) a pretty crappy mix, due to some extreme technical difficulties. :help:

Try approaching OSC as more of a learning experience, than a competition. 8)

Hi, after talking with J.Ruegg I'm going to take the prize for our 5th place.

I would love Dmitry Sches Tantra. And if the PrettyScope secondary prize is available, that would be totally awesome :hyper:

Thanks very much :D

Well done winners and all :clap: :hug:

Great listening month!

Mjr5house wrote:For the prize, I would love "Dmitry Sches, Diversion"
good choice. especially for the music you make!

Indeed, Diversion is incredible. Tantra is great, too, so Zarf is gonna have some fun with that.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote:"Tantra is great, too, so Zarf is gonna have some fun with that."
Quite good that was last months pick :)

Return to “Instruments”