Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Boone777
KVRian

620 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Postby Boone777; Tue May 15, 2018 4:38 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:No, I am afraid this does not work. You can assign different tempo for parts, lines and even for chords, and internally the playback engine is capable to handling gradually decreasing or increasing tempo, but this is not implemented in the user interface.
Tempo track is not read from imported MIDI files, only the global tempo setting.
I suppose this will be added in one of the v4.x versions.

Thanks,
Attila

Can RC follow gradual tempo change of Reaper ? Maybe there is a way to make it work that I'm not aware of currently it gradually lags behind after a tempo change in Reaper.
Win 7, 64Bit, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 5.62, Steinberg MR816x
Boone777
KVRian

620 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Postby Boone777; Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

I have found that if I don't convert the phrase to relative form it does'nt split. So I convert to relative and back to absolute and HALLELUIHA !!! I Can split chords all night !!!

Notice also when I select all the chords and push delete I have to manually select the containers to remove.

Win 7, 64Bit, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 5.62, Steinberg MR816x
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2641 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed May 16, 2018 12:09 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Boone777 wrote:I have found that if I don't convert the phrase to relative form it does'nt split. So I convert to relative and back to absolute and HALLELUIHA !!! ]

Very good observation! I am checking splitting and will fix it.

Boone777 wrote:Can RC follow gradual tempo change of Reaper ?

I seem to remember that it should follow the host tempo changes in the VST plug-in, but I tested this for a very long time, so I am not sure. You need to enable "Use Host Tempo" (by default it is enabled).

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
magicmusic
KVRian

899 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Wed May 16, 2018 4:58 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Is it possible that keyswitches can display on piano roll keyboard as in reaper, see screenshot ?. I think this is important to see the articulations
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
win 10 64 1803 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 16 GB Ram, Soundblaster z, terratec aureon xfire 8 USB
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed May 16, 2018 8:36 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

magicmusic wrote:Is it possible that keyswitches can display on piano roll keyboard as in reaper, see screenshot ?. I think this is important to see the articulations

Good idea, I have not thought of that...
lulukom
KVRian

677 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Thu May 17, 2018 10:00 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
I have a very simple sentence ..
This is what works in almost all of my applications, but not in the RC (
When I drag the midi file to the workspace of the track, then I see that this midi file appeared on the track.
Then I drag the second midi file on the workspace of the same track and see that there are already two midi files.
Let's fine.Let it be so.
But I would like an extension ..
Let's then, when I drag the midi file to the head of the track (not to the workspace), the new one MIDI file will overwrite all other phrases and midi files on this track.
New midi file appeared on the track - all the others are erased!
It's very convenient .This is how the tracks in my NI Maschine work!
Thanks!
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Thu May 17, 2018 10:24 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Yes, and more ..
In a percussion generator I, more or less, became friends with the interface and learned how to control the size of windows) (although, of course, I do not know how it is possible, if I have 32 tools?)
It is, but when I open the manual editors of the instruments are already a problem of visual control
(I just do not get to the transport buttons (
One of the suggestions: Optional .Open the manual editor in a separate window!
Thanks.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat May 19, 2018 9:34 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

lulukom wrote:Let's then, when I drag the midi file to the head of the track (not to the workspace), the new one MIDI file will overwrite all other phrases and midi files on this track.
New midi file appeared on the track - all the others are erased!

Hi lulukom,

I implemented this today. I am uploading a new beta version with this feature, and another one that you have been requesting for a long time... :)
I know the Percussion Gen. cannot show you 32 instruments... it was not designed for that. I am thinking about hiding the rhythm preview for the individual instruments.

Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat May 19, 2018 10:31 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer v3.5b13 is available!

Again, lots of improvements in this update which is more or less the final v3.5.
Please test the phrase preview so that any problems can be quickly fixed.
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions and bug reports! :love:

3.5Beta13 changes:

• Timeline and playback position added to phrase preview
  • Loop option added to phrase preview
  • Setting line length is possible directly in the master track inspector
  • Dropping a MIDI file over the track header will replace the track contents
  • Chord note parameters in the editor have been renamed to Root, 3rd, 5th, etc.
  • Fixed: most workspace shortcuts did not work when used as a global shortcut
  • Various fixes for splitting phrases
  • Font display improvements
  • Fix for crash during note editing introduced in previous beta
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Sat May 19, 2018 11:51 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
Thanks for the nice improvements!
The first problem:
When I turned on the loop mode in a percussion generator and tried to change the offset on some instruments (+1/8, for example), then it's impossible to stop playback and the program hangs in this state .. Thank you.
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Sat May 19, 2018 12:00 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

The second problem:
In another generator, chords play, but if I change the length (1 bit to 4 bits, for example), then in the preview plays a rhythm (mono, of course) and visually it mono and rhythm, instead of chords. Into loop .. Thank you .
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Sat May 19, 2018 12:18 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

It would be nice in a phrase editor to make the metronome work for both recording and playback) I'm interested in listening to my chords under the metronome (probably it's not difficult to do))) Thanks.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun May 20, 2018 3:03 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thanks for the quick feedback, lulukom, I'll check these problems.
Attila
magicmusic
KVRian

899 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Sun May 20, 2018 3:38 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

great, thank you for add of loop play and position pointer. now it make lot more fun to create new phrases and test faster. the problem when change offset(during play this phrase), i notice too .esc not help to stop play. i send you a video, that show that the rythm generator too can create very nice sounding brass and string phrases or synths when set 1. instrument to c3. 2. to e3 3. g3.

maybe you find it usefull too, to change the percussion generator that it can too transpose and it can offer to choose instead of a fixed note the chord note number. so can choose for 1. instrument 1. chord note, for 2. 2. chord note...
win 10 64 1803 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 16 GB Ram, Soundblaster z, terratec aureon xfire 8 USB
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun May 20, 2018 4:57 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Yes, I was prepared for creative usage ;)
It used to offer chord notes but I removed that from this beta, not to confuse anyone.
Do you think I should enable it again?
I'll fix this embarrassing bug when playback does not stop...

Off-topic: Am I the only one who finds that KVRAudio forum pages have a messed up layout? I can see this:

Thanks,
Attila
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments