Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
11330 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu May 17, 2018 10:30 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Frantz wrote:Hink is monitoring the situation but is not taking action yet. If you are annoyed by Silke, you can report her posts as spam to make your voice heard. If enough people report these posts, it will become clear the community does not appreciate this kind of posting behavior.


Honestly Frantz, I think most people don't really care. Apathy is more common than I think most of us care to admit to.

It's just the way it is.
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
26846 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Watch out Silke F, some ~10,000 post posters think you post too much... :hihi:


Just to be clear, are you playing the role of apologist or white knight?

The Music Cafe is a space that is offered for people to share, comment etc. on each others' music. There are no rules about posting frequency, likely because most people know how to self-regulate that part of them that might want it ALL to be about them, by the time they get out of their mid-teens.

This member has only ever posted to show her music, and never even bothers to engage with those who have taken the time to listen and comment. And now spamming multiple tracks, again without any further engagement. No rule against it, I just think i'm among a few who find it obnoxious.

It took a long time before the marketplace had a 48-hour no-bump rule, because most people knew why they shouldn't bump their own shit every hour, on the hour. It's that self-regulation thing that keeps thing running smoothly. It seems most people in the Music Cafe have it. And the only other member here who seems so prolific, and excited to share, at least has the decency to not force it down everyone's throats :tu:


but she's not bumping the music as much as members are. Frantz said I'm watching and yes but to make sure it stays civil and you are 100% correct there is no rule against this right now. IME most people who post in just the cafe and dont respond or comment on other's music do not get much attention (she did comment on wags corner). In this case she is getting attention for merely posting her music on a forum, not constantly bumping it but just posting it.

If Ben decides there should be some kind of limits so be it, I understand how it can rub people the wrong way. On the other hand the cafe is a fast moving forum so ignore them and use the new post/all posts read functions to quickly navigate the forum.

perpetual3 wrote:Why don’t we all post our lofi electro unfinished song/loops set to psychedelic ‘70s TV commercials? I’ve got over a decade of those.

In fact - why not post them in response to Silke F?

Don’t let work or education get in the way, mans! /s



please do not hi-jack another's thread like this in the cafe, no one would like it done to them so please dont do it.
got any good fish stories? Let minnow
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
9853 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Thu May 17, 2018 10:41 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Frantz wrote:If you are annoyed by Silke, you can report her posts as spam


I wouldn't want her to suffer the consequences of spamming. While I have used the word spam to describe the persistent nature, it is not spam in the sense that her postings are not wanted.
It needn't be an all-or-nothing thing. I'm not going to report her posts as spam, but i would like someone to suggest she not use this place as her personal dumping ground, especially given she has no interest in any kind of engagement.

I think what Wags has done is a much better idea. You get to post as much of your content as you want. Every time you post another piece your thread gets a bump, and that means all your music gets bumped. If someone catches your latest post, they then get access to all your music in one thread. It's a way of keeping your music on the front page without relegating everyone else to the sidelines
JerGoertz
KVRAF
 
1940 posts since 19 Feb, 2004

Postby JerGoertz; Thu May 17, 2018 10:47 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Watch out Silke F, some ~10,000 post posters think you post too much... :hihi:


Just to be clear, are you playing the role of apologist or white knight?


No.
A well-behaved signature.
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
22186 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Thu May 17, 2018 10:48 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Hink wrote:but she's not bumping the music as much as members are.

:tu:
perpetual3
KVRist
 
183 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Postby perpetual3; Thu May 17, 2018 10:52 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Hink wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Watch out Silke F, some ~10,000 post posters think you post too much... :hihi:


Just to be clear, are you playing the role of apologist or white knight?

The Music Cafe is a space that is offered for people to share, comment etc. on each others' music. There are no rules about posting frequency, likely because most people know how to self-regulate that part of them that might want it ALL to be about them, by the time they get out of their mid-teens.

This member has only ever posted to show her music, and never even bothers to engage with those who have taken the time to listen and comment. And now spamming multiple tracks, again without any further engagement. No rule against it, I just think i'm among a few who find it obnoxious.

It took a long time before the marketplace had a 48-hour no-bump rule, because most people knew why they shouldn't bump their own shit every hour, on the hour. It's that self-regulation thing that keeps thing running smoothly. It seems most people in the Music Cafe have it. And the only other member here who seems so prolific, and excited to share, at least has the decency to not force it down everyone's throats :tu:


but she's not bumping the music as much as members are. Frantz said I'm watching and yes but to make sure it stays civil and you are 100% correct there is no rule against this right now. IME most people who post in just the cafe and dont respond or comment on other's music do not get much attention (she did comment on wags corner). In this case she is getting attention for merely posting her music on a forum, not constantly bumping it but just posting it.

If Ben decides there should be some kind of limits so be it, I understand how it can rub people the wrong way. On the other hand the cafe is a fast moving forum so ignore them and use the new post/all posts read functions to quickly navigate the forum.

perpetual3 wrote:Why don’t we all post our lofi electro unfinished song/loops set to psychedelic ‘70s TV commercials? I’ve got over a decade of those.

In fact - why not post them in response to Silke F?

Don’t let work or education get in the way, mans! /s



please do not hi-jack another's thread like this in the cafe, no one would like it done to them so please dont do it.


Joke, Hink, hence the /s....
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
9853 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Hink wrote:IME most people who post in just the cafe and dont respond or comment on other's music do not get much attention


And yet here we are :shrug:

Most folk don't take it on themselves to start ten threads in a day just to promote their music, without any interest in engagement with other members. And so, like you say, this just tends to work itself out. In this case, I'm not so sure.
User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
 
14239 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Thu May 17, 2018 10:55 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Watch out Silke F, some ~10,000 post posters think you post too much... :hihi:


Just to be clear, are you playing the role of apologist or white knight?

The Music Cafe is a space that is offered for people to share, comment etc. on each others' music. There are no rules about posting frequency, likely because most people know how to self-regulate that part of them that might want it ALL to be about them, by the time they get out of their mid-teens.

This member has only ever posted to show her music, and never even bothers to engage with those who have taken the time to listen and comment. And now spamming multiple tracks, again without any further engagement. No rule against it, I just think i'm among a few who find it obnoxious.

It took a long time before the marketplace had a 48-hour no-bump rule, because most people knew why they shouldn't bump their own shit every hour, on the hour. It's that self-regulation thing that keeps thing running smoothly. It seems most people in the Music Cafe have it. And the only other member here who seems so prolific, and excited to share, at least has the decency to not force it down everyone's throats :tu:

Thank you for that, well said, I won't have done nearly as well.
User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
 
14239 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Thu May 17, 2018 10:58 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Hink wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Watch out Silke F, some ~10,000 post posters think you post too much... :hihi:


Just to be clear, are you playing the role of apologist or white knight?

The Music Cafe is a space that is offered for people to share, comment etc. on each others' music. There are no rules about posting frequency, likely because most people know how to self-regulate that part of them that might want it ALL to be about them, by the time they get out of their mid-teens.

This member has only ever posted to show her music, and never even bothers to engage with those who have taken the time to listen and comment. And now spamming multiple tracks, again without any further engagement. No rule against it, I just think i'm among a few who find it obnoxious.

It took a long time before the marketplace had a 48-hour no-bump rule, because most people knew why they shouldn't bump their own shit every hour, on the hour. It's that self-regulation thing that keeps thing running smoothly. It seems most people in the Music Cafe have it. And the only other member here who seems so prolific, and excited to share, at least has the decency to not force it down everyone's throats :tu:


but she's not bumping the music as much as members are. Frantz said I'm watching and yes but to make sure it stays civil and you are 100% correct there is no rule against this right now. IME most people who post in just the cafe and dont respond or comment on other's music do not get much attention (she did comment on wags corner). In this case she is getting attention for merely posting her music on a forum, not constantly bumping it but just posting it.

If Ben decides there should be some kind of limits so be it, I understand how it can rub people the wrong way. On the other hand the cafe is a fast moving forum so ignore them and use the new post/all posts read functions to quickly navigate the forum.

perpetual3 wrote:Why don’t we all post our lofi electro unfinished song/loops set to psychedelic ‘70s TV commercials? I’ve got over a decade of those.

In fact - why not post them in response to Silke F?

Don’t let work or education get in the way, mans! /s



please do not hi-jack another's thread like this in the cafe, no one would like it done to them so please dont do it.

This is you moderating some more again. WOW. I think we're all apprised there is no rule. There is a problem of collegiality when someone takes over 50% of two pages for a couple days running who doesn't engage their own threads or engage here otherwise at all. You don't need to stupidsplain this, you could've left it well alone if this is all you can manage. You actually replied to something eminently reasonable and articulated about perfectly to do this shit. You truly suck at this.

A warning to someone hijacking one thread vs someone hijacking the subforum, yeah buddy that's how you roll and always has been.
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
10856 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Thu May 17, 2018 11:03 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Frantz wrote:Hink is monitoring the situation but is not taking action yet. If you are annoyed by Silke, you can report her posts as spam to make your voice heard. If enough people report these posts, it will become clear the community does not appreciate this kind of posting behavior.


If you haven't picked up on it yet, the Streisand effect is at work here. People are joining because these threads are fun/funny, and part of that is how some of you are getting your panties all in a bunch over this. The more people gripe, the more attention these threads are going to get. Everyone will want to join in and say their little clever bit and the threads will continue to get bumped.

I think that your attempt to define this as spam doesn't really pass muster here. My perception of that feature is for true spam. As you know, every once in a while we get actual spam here and it's really annoying. This isn't that and I think that you know that.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
11330 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu May 17, 2018 11:15 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

ghettosynth wrote:
Frantz wrote:Hink is monitoring the situation but is not taking action yet. If you are annoyed by Silke, you can report her posts as spam to make your voice heard. If enough people report these posts, it will become clear the community does not appreciate this kind of posting behavior.


If you haven't picked up on it yet, the Streisand effect is at work here. People are joining because these threads are fun/funny, and part of that is how some of you are getting your panties all in a bunch over this. The more people gripe, the more attention these threads are going to get. Everyone will want to join in and say their little clever bit and the threads will continue to get bumped.

I think that your attempt to define this as spam doesn't really pass muster here. My perception of that feature is for true spam. As you know, every once in a while we get actual spam here and it's really annoying. This isn't that and I think that you know that.


But where do we draw the line?

Let's say that a member came here every single day and posted as many threads as it takes to take up the whole front page (I guess about 25 or so) and thus they were the only ones ever showcased here. This would effectively become their sub forum.

Is that where we draw the line? Do we draw a line? Is there no line?

Like I said, personally, I don't care enough to make a big deal out of this. I'd still post my one track a day in my one thread and still get my 30 minutes of face time per day (under those conditions) and I'd be content with that. Some people, understandably, might get a little perturbed.

Most forums I've been to over the 21 years I've been on the Internet have an unwritten code of conduct. In almost all of those forums, Silke's posting habits would be breaking that code.

That much I can say with certainty based on past experience.

No, not me. Other people who came to the forum, made a bunch of posts (not spam) and were banned anyway because they hogged the whole forum. That is just a fact of life on many forums.

This place seems to be the exception.
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
4653 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Thu May 17, 2018 11:16 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

ghettosynth wrote:I think that your attempt to define this as spam doesn't really pass muster here. My perception of that feature is for true spam. As you know, every once in a while we get actual spam here and it's really annoying. This isn't that and I think that you know that.


I think it is spam. Some people start dozens of threads to advertise some other website and get instabanned. Silke started dozens of threads to advertise her YouTube channel. The fact that her YouTube channel contains something that resembles music is where it gets a little hazy. But her KVR participation exactly fits the spammer profile.
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
11238 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Frantz wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I think that your attempt to define this as spam doesn't really pass muster here. My perception of that feature is for true spam. As you know, every once in a while we get actual spam here and it's really annoying. This isn't that and I think that you know that.


I think it is spam. Some people start dozens of threads to advertise some other website and get instabanned. Silke started dozens of threads to advertise her YouTube channel. The fact that her YouTube channel contains something that resembles music is where it gets a little hazy. But her KVR participation exactly fits the spammer profile.


I agree, she should definitely limit herself a bit (and I am not even talking about the "music" as such). Maybe open a single thread like some other people have done (Wag's corner I think, and my own thread, I know my stuff is not worth different threads for every little audio), where they dump all their audios in.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Thu May 17, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Unaspected
KVRist
 
245 posts since 4 May, 2012

Postby Unaspected; Thu May 17, 2018 11:24 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Isn't a debate regarding forum use a hi-jack of the thread in the first place? - when this should be about Silke F's music. That might put the user off from engaging. Though I imagine there is some delight to be reaped from the reactions.

As a mod on another forum, I agree that if there are so many works, then consolidation in a single thread makes most sense. Regular posting to that thread then achieves a similar goal as it remains on the first page. It might actually give more access to those who might not want to visit so many stray threads.

I wouldn't worry about upsetting Silke F as I'm sure this would be understood and respected if a PM were sent and the current threads merged. EDIT: [By which I mean, by the mods. It's not our place to say.]

But, as I suggested in another thread, on a personal level, Silke F's posting behaviour doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad I got to find this YouTube channel.
Last edited by Unaspected on Thu May 17, 2018 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
4653 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Thu May 17, 2018 11:26 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

fluffy_little_something wrote:I agree, she should definitely limit herself a bit (and I am not even talking about the "music" as such). Maybe open a single thread like some other people have done, where they dump all their audios in.


I suggested that in one her threads on Monday. Silke ignored me while whyterabbyt and vurt were offended by this idea.
PreviousNext

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe