SOLVED: Issue with Collective

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Update: haven't seen anyone add to this, and since my problem was resolved, I'm changing this to a closed issue. Thanks, one more time, for everyone's help and guidance.

Since 9.1, I've been having issues with Collective not playing all of its content--some samples seem dead. Seems each week, the number of samples that work decreased.

Since today's 9.2.1 update, none of them are working. Tracks which worked well yesterday act as if they're on mute: the level meter is completely dark, as if the track was muted. Opening the Collective vst displays the keyboard: clicking on the virtual keys results in silence.

Other vsts seem to be working fine and predictably.

Reinstalled Collective and its content; no luck, there.

Waveform 64-bit, Windows 10. Collective version is 1.1.3, and content is 1.0.5.
Last edited by Watchful on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

I have sound issues here too in Collective...
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=503856&p=7081906#p7081906

Wondering if it's general or not... I'm using it on a Linux system btw...
Get In Touch^^ Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....

Who supports Collective? It seems this needs to be bumped.

i have reported this issue on 12/14/2017 with request 12718 but it was never fixed or released.
latest released Collective 1.1.3 is unusable and it's only a dead plugin!

as workaround you could try latest beta version 1.1.7 and on history this bug should be fixed in 1.1.6.

Appreciate the tip. I installed 1.1.7 Beta, and got an initial sound from Collective...but upon changing to another sound, dead silence again. "802 Syn Bass" is the only sound that plays.

Very disappointing, especially since it worked perfectly on the initial installation. Just long enough for me to really appreciate it, before it died a quick death. Like you, it's effectively a dead plug in, and I'm not sure I would advise the folks at Tracktion to advertise it as a feature, when it's clearly a disaster for a few of us.

Other than this issue, Waveform 9 has been fantastic.

Collective 1.1.7 working fine here on Windows 10, with Waveform 9.2.1.

Suggest reinstalling and ensure all content is installed in the default folder paths.

If you need to move content to another drive, suggest only do so using directory junctions.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:Suggest reinstalling and ensure all content is installed in the default folder paths.
An interesting suggestion, and I just tried that. Full removal of original Collective and full removal of content, and fresh install (latest Beta and latest content), and adhering to all defaults.

...And it still doesn't work. Clicking on its virtual keyboard or mapping an actual controller produces the same results, which is silence. The virtual keyboard keys highlight correctly, and all other VSTs seem to be working completely fine. But double-clicking on any sample, in any category, results in dead silence.

Once again, swapping out the VST with another is perfectly fine, so it's not an issue with Waveform. And it worked fine for the first week after the very first install! Noticed some notes wouldn't play in some samples after a week. Then entire sounds went mute. Now the whole package is silent.

Appreciated the suggestion as I think I did install the initial content to a different (non-default) location. Used the uninstall aspect to remove these old versions, just in case. Thanks for looking out for me!

Watchful wrote:
zzz00m wrote:Suggest reinstalling and ensure all content is installed in the default folder paths.
An interesting suggestion, and I just tried that. Full removal of original Collective and full removal of content, and fresh install (latest Beta and latest content), and adhering to all defaults.

...And it still doesn't work. Clicking on its virtual keyboard or mapping an actual controller produces the same results, which is silence. The virtual keyboard keys highlight correctly, and all other VSTs seem to be working completely fine. But double-clicking on any sample, in any category, results in dead silence.

Once again, swapping out the VST with another is perfectly fine, so it's not an issue with Waveform. And it worked fine for the first week after the very first install! Noticed some notes wouldn't play in some samples after a week. Then entire sounds went mute. Now the whole package is silent.

Appreciated the suggestion as I think I did install the initial content to a different (non-default) location. Used the uninstall aspect to remove these old versions, just in case. Thanks for looking out for me!
Then it is probably time to submit a support request here: https://tracktion.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you very much for your help! I will, and will report back if anything useful happens.

i report such strange problems some time ago. i find the filter is the problem, if a sound is not play. happen only in some filter modes(LP24).try disable both filters when sound not play. and if it then play, confirm too there is something wrong in the filter code. maybe the developer take a closer look on that and build a version that output logfile data of filter values.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=502417&p=7051977#p7051977
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

I had this problem on my PC when I moved the folders to a different drive. Once I reinstalled it, it was working right as rain again (fortunately). I can vouch that it also works on the Mac too. :)

Thanks. Well, haven't moved them...everything in default locations after a deinstall/full reinstall. No word back on my bug report yet.

Did you try Collective in another host such as Reaper? Does it work correctly there?

Reaper is free to download and evaluate (no limits), and will load Collective as a VST. https://www.reaper.fm/

I have not tried it in another DAW, although as a means of ruling out the path issue, that's certainly an idea.

Of course, I would much rather have it work in the DAW I purchased. I take it you're able to use it fine in W9 as well as Reaper? I'm curious what's the ratio of "successfully using Collective" to "people having issues with it." When it worked for me, it was great.

Return to “Tracktion”