UltraAnalog seems underrated

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, so in case anyone would like to have a listen, heres one of the audios to back up what i said earlier.

(The other one is too long, i should cut that first.)

Material: Bassline from Die Roboter / The Robots

To show that im not unfairly representing DIVA i have added a second file (live tweaks) that demonstrates that you just cant 'get there' (not even remotely) no matter how much you tweak resonance, decay and EG amount.

minimoog 1.6 on the other hand is fairly close to the original, filter response is obviously a bit different but the rest is surprisingly similar, if the VCF had a bit more 'scream' in the resonance it would become hard to tell them apart.

Play-order as indicated by filename.

Download Here (32MB)

Gamma-UT wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Here you go, this is a discussion of Ableton's Analog without the KVR hype. The naysayers/meh crowd far outweighs the handful of enthusiastic voices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/c ... m-comments
OK, let's have a look. Top-rated comment - Reddit being one of those sites where you can gauge such things – likes the sound but doesn't like the interface (it's in Ableton, what did you expect? Dancing unicorns? It's going to have the same knobs and buttons as everything else. I find the Ableton version easier to program than the plugin FWIW as it's easier to track the signal flow).

I'd say it's a wash between "like it" and "ordinary", which is probably about the same as here once you actually go look at comments and consider what they're saying rather than use everything as an opportunity in prosecuting the definitions of words.
I disagree, I'm saying it's not underrated, and people respond with "no, that's wrong." If you want to say "I agree, it's not underrated, but I like it", fine. Moreover, you really can't say much about the up-votes statistically. There are too few and there's far too much there to do any meaningful analysis. The comments do not paint an enthusiastic picture. Certainly not that it's some hidden underrated gem.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:This story doesn't get any further until we've established just which is "the DAW with the best sound"
That there's the problem: some 'uns underrated UA 'cuz they be listen to it in a DAW wit bad sound!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:This story doesn't get any further until we've established just which is "the DAW with the best sound"
That there's the problem: some 'uns underrated UA 'cuz they be listen to it in a DAW wit bad sound!
:lol: :lol:

ghettosynth wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Here you go, this is a discussion of Ableton's Analog without the KVR hype. The naysayers/meh crowd far outweighs the handful of enthusiastic voices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/c ... m-comments
OK, let's have a look. Top-rated comment - Reddit being one of those sites where you can gauge such things – likes the sound but doesn't like the interface (it's in Ableton, what did you expect? Dancing unicorns? It's going to have the same knobs and buttons as everything else. I find the Ableton version easier to program than the plugin FWIW as it's easier to track the signal flow).

I'd say it's a wash between "like it" and "ordinary", which is probably about the same as here once you actually go look at comments and consider what they're saying rather than use everything as an opportunity in prosecuting the definitions of words.
I disagree, I'm saying it's not underrated, and people respond with "no, that's wrong." If you want to say "I agree, it's not underrated, but I like it", fine. Moreover, you really can't say much about the up-votes statistically. There are too few and there's far too much there to do any meaningful analysis. The comments do not paint an enthusiastic picture. Certainly not that it's some hidden underrated gem.
I only installed it (UA2) to see if it worked. One I think is underrated (and I demoed once) is Surge. I wish someone would develop it further.

aMUSEd wrote:
ghettosynth wrote: I'm not surprised that people buy patches for it, they're probably hoping that someone can make it sound good, LOL!
Or finding that people are making it sound good - which they are and would be the reason for buying more
Two other UA libraries that are quite good are Cinematheque and Abstractions. They show how sound design skills improve over time, just like software technology does.

Now, if someone 'committed' to duplicate a distinctive UA patch like Stockhausen Subway (in the Factory/Ambient bank) using a newer synth that sounds better, it would be real evidence to support the argument that UA is not underrated.... :D
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Actually I dislike only one thing with Ultra Analog: that‘s how it‘s shown in my Logic Channel Strip... :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:lol: :D

Michael L wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
ghettosynth wrote: I'm not surprised that people buy patches for it, they're probably hoping that someone can make it sound good, LOL!
Or finding that people are making it sound good - which they are and would be the reason for buying more
Two other UA libraries that are quite good are Cinematheque and Abstractions. They show how sound design skills improve over time, just like software technology does.
Yes I have both of those, also Starlight is good and parts of Richard Devine's Signature bank

martinjuenke wrote:Actually I dislike only one thing with Ultra Analog: that‘s how it‘s shown in my Logic Channel Strip... :roll:
Also happens in Reaper :P

wagtunes wrote:@Ghetto
You're wasting your breath. The fanbois don't understand facts or logic.
. . . and this is exactly why I don't hang in these conversations in "instruments" forum
I don't need "facts" when making music - "logic" is in the eye of the beholder - "fanboi" vs hip musician is not a binary choice - less is(many times) more

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I guess I’m more in the “it’s ok” camp. It does have its own character though and if You ever have a moment with a synth where you really gel with it then it does make it seem underrated. Happens with me every once in a while with just about any random synth.

As far as underrated synths, I still think Corona is one of the most underrated.

Mister Natural wrote:
wagtunes wrote:@Ghetto
You're wasting your breath. The fanbois don't understand facts or logic.
. . . and this is exactly why I don't hang in these conversations in "instruments" forum
I don't need "facts" when making music - "logic" is in the eye of the beholder - "fanboi" vs hip musician is not a binary choice - less is(many times) more

peace
Agreed

Echoes in the Attic wrote: As far as underrated synths, I still think Corona is one of the most underrated.
Just my opinion, but, i find all the discoDSP synths quite underwhelming.

chk071 wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote: As far as underrated synths, I still think Corona is one of the most underrated.
Just my opinion, but, i find all the discoDSP synths quite underwhelming.
I guess sometimes it's possible to overrate being underrated :)

Return to “Instruments”