MSpectral Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSpectralDelay

Well, what an awesome plugin!
Really took me by surprise this time. This goes way beyond what i'd call a delay. For me this is more of an ambient soundscape generator. A vocal sample can be turned into a complete fine-tuned landscape using the graphs in the delay and transform section, and sounds more like a complete composition going through a reverb followed by extreme noise reduction that leaves just ghostly resonances (best on buffer 16384).

I think these easy screen and even the presets don't do this thing justice when it comes to atmospheres.

Oh, for those worried about cpu, if you keep the spectral resolution in the higher numbers (50+), it can take cpu from 17% down to 4%, and still get nice atmospheres at 16384 (lower buffer sizes gives sharper glitch / electro type of sounds.
And the installer size... yeah, well for what this does, he can make it 5 gig for all i care.

Thanks Vojtech. I think spectral fx are your final frontier, and i'm seeing great things for this plugin.

Hmm maybe later i'll see how it functions as a delay

This is spectacular. Or... spectracular :hihi:

All the stuff I liked in MTransformer but also the spectral delay, spectral panning etc -- and here it seems like Melda's sculpting stuff which often seems like overkill really works in its favor.

I do wish there was some modulation available -- slow phase shift of the pan settings might be amazing :)

Thanks for this Vojtech ... :)

foosnark wrote:I do wish there was some modulation available -- slow phase shift of the pan settings might be amazing :)
There are modulators. Check 11:05 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OTKe8ROyow

Anyone know of some good videos showing an overview of Meldaproduction's basic interface concepts for us who are starting out? A litte daunting at first!

https://www.meldaproduction.com/video-tutorial/

If you have specific questions, ask over at the KvR MeldaProduction forum. And, once you learn your way around one FX, you'll be a long way towards knowing all the others too. ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Bodhisan wrote:...but it’s free.
Imo this doesn't compensate the Meldaproduction problems (creating an account, the installer, av warnings, the interface, the popups, too much of everything, cpu usage). I had the Spektral Delay from NI and it just felt better. Sure, there were features missing but I enjoyed tweaking it and the results were pretty similar. Don't know, it may be good for special fx but I wouldn't use it in production.

Besides that I wonder how many times they will milk the spectral-cow and what will be the next delay from them :lol:

DarkStar wrote:https://www.meldaproduction.com/video-tutorial/

If you have specific questions, ask over at the KvR MeldaProduction forum. And, once you learn your way around one FX, you'll be a long way towards knowing all the others too. ;)
Thank you!!

Melda ... the gift that keeps giving. I own a lot of Melda stuff and I am never disappointed. I hope that people really dig into MSpectral Delay and get hooked on Melda from there. Always top tier stuff and a developer that is well worth supporting.

Not to be a party pooper here, but I much prefer UA’s or even Izotope’s approach to spectral processing. E.g. take a snapshot of the current audio and process it in some image-centric or otherwise non-linear fashion. Using ‘Spectral’ techniques doesn’t make much sense to me beyond that.

Anyway, an amazing freebie again, but also a disappointing missed opportunity imo.

pekbro wrote:Not to be a party pooper here, but I much prefer UA’s or even Izotope’s approach to spectral processing.
UA = Unfiltered Audio right? Their SpecOps plugin doesn't do spectral delay. Can't compare.

And if you are referring to Spectron when mentioning iZotope, it's a 15 years old discontinued plugin and it's totally out of MSpectral Delay's league.

HSum wrote:Imo this doesn't compensate the Meldaproduction problems...... av warnings
That's a lot of "false positives":
Melda 052018.png
Yes most of them are not top tier AV programs but for many years I used Bitdefender which is frequently rated as the top Security Suite and it's normally not prone to false positives.

Anyway I installed MReverb on this system and I don't see the files that it used to drop in the Windows folder unless he renamed them.

To be honest I don't really trust Melda and none of their software will ever make it on to my studio computer again. Some of the forum discussions I've had with him give me the impression that he sees no problems with taking liberties with his user's systems.

I see he's still dumping all the presets from all his plugins on your system even if you only install one plugin. His reason ? It's "convenient" for him. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'd appreciate an option to not install the 32 bit versions along with the 64 bit versions, rather than having to enter a non-existent 32 bit folder during installation.

Neon Breath wrote:
UA = Unfiltered Audio right? Their SpecOps plugin doesn't do spectral delay. Can't compare.

And if you are referring to Spectron when mentioning iZotope, it's a 15 years old discontinued plugin and it's totally out of MSpectral Delay's league.
Yes Unfiltered Audio, I realize there is no delay effect in SpecOps, that’s why I was referring to the way spectral processing is implemented, not the specifics of the effect.

As for Izotope, I was referring to the spectral filtering workflow in Iris actually.

-cheers

Teksonik wrote:
HSum wrote:Imo this doesn't compensate the Meldaproduction problems...... av warnings
That's a lot of "false positives":
Melda 052018.png
Yes most of them are not top tier AV programs but for many years I used Bitdefender which is frequently rated as the top Security Suite and it's normally not prone to false positives.

Anyway I installed MReverb on this system and I don't see the files that it used to drop in the Windows folder unless he renamed them.

To be honest I don't really trust Melda and none of their software will ever make it on to my studio computer again. Some of the forum discussions I've had with him give me the impression that he sees no problems with taking liberties with his user's systems.

I see he's still dumping all the presets from all his plugins on your system even if you only install one plugin. His reason ? It's "convenient" for him. :roll:
Other than BitDefender (which is a pretty good AV program), not one of those is a "top-tier" AV program. That said, AVG, Avast and Malwarebytes (which is not technically an "AV" program) all say the file is clean.

I understand your concern with all the presets being dumped onto the system, though. And moving from v10 to v12 of the plug-ins was a bit of a pain. Still, Melda gives you a lot for free, and there's something to be said for that.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Return to “Effects”