AudioThing Outer Space - Tape Echo - NEW v2.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Outer Space

audiothing wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
audiothing wrote:You can try to push the Input knob more and adjust the Output accordingly, especially with the Pre-Amp on (HQ turned on as well to make it a bit more "rich").
I've been fiddling around a bit more, and I'm a lot closer to what I was looking for. On the sound I'm working on, i still prefer Outer Space on 'send', and even prefer Echoboy on send for this particular preset, but it's now a lot closer. One thing that gives the nod to Outer Space in this scenario is the ducking function.

I'll keep on experimenting :tu:
Cool. If you find the right sound, just post it here, I'm really curious to hear what you were after :)

The ducking parameter was added after a little frustation with one of the tapes I've tried. I can't remember which one, but there was this small section of tape (just a few seconds long) with heavy volume drops :)

This is just a quick record job to show you what I was trying to achieve this afternoon. Please excuse the randomness of the notes in the second part, and the timing issues (Just played to the pulse of the delay) :oops:

I was trying to get a decent blend of the original sound with the delay, on an insert track, while also trying to create the same patch within Echoboy. In the end, I prefer parts about the two. The Echoboy version just runs away with itself, whereas the ducking of Outer Space helps keep the whole thing reigned in.

Perhaps, once I have the whole thing a bit more refined, I'll update you.

Outer Space plays through first, followed by Echoboy

https://soundcloud.com/el-bo/delay-test ... pt/s-1hNEA
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Sat May 19, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK uploaded the updated NKS template applied to resaved factory presets

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulf40cicmwzu ... ChOwa?dl=0

In User FX/Outer Space (NKS templates for Phasemotion 2, Frostbite and Fog Convolver are also in the User FX folder along with browser images, and presets for the first 2)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:This is just a quick record job to show you what I was trying to achieve this afternoon. Please excuse the randomness of the notes in the second part, and the timing issues (Just played to the pulse of the delay) :oops:

I was trying to get a decent blend of the original sound with the delay, on an insert track, while also trying to create the same patch within Echoboy. In the end, I prefer parts about the two. The Echoboy version just runs away with itself, whereas the ducking of Outer Space helps keep the whole thing reigned in.

Perhaps, once I have the whole thing a bit more refined, I'll update you.

Outer Space plays through first, followed by Echoboy

https://soundcloud.com/el-bo/delay-test ... pt/s-1hNEA
Very cool! Yeah, the ducking really helps taming the feedback, especially with old tape selected (most of the parameters are affected by the tape type).
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

aMUSEd wrote:OK uploaded the updated NKS template applied to resaved factory presets

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulf40cicmwzu ... ChOwa?dl=0

In User FX/Outer Space (NKS templates for Phasemotion 2, Frostbite and Fog Convolver are also in the User FX folder along with browser images, and presets for the first 2)
Thank you! Yeah, it was indeed safer to resave everything. Thanks a lot!

where is the option to keep the new panel open permanently?
at least in the beta i could save a new init preset.

The lack of a simple wet/dry mix knob is just weird :ud:

you've got an input pot, output pot and volume knobs for each of the three taps, plus a level pot for both delay and reverb. I've never even noticed the lack of 'wet/dry' knob.

Richard deHove wrote:The lack of a simple wet/dry mix knob is just weird :ud:
In the context of the original unit, it is not weird. However, in the context of this 'pimped out' version, it would be very welcome.

So, I'll give you a +1 :tu:

sqigls wrote:where is the option to keep the new panel open permanently?
Then code your own reverb. :phones:

The drop-down panel now stays on or off regardless of the preset loaded. Maybe I should have included a default option when loading the Init preset...

but it always loads closed. on new instances.
it's obviously not a huge issue, but I'm never gonna close the panel personally.

plexuss wrote:
Then code your own reverb. :phones:
:hihi:

Nah, not weird at all. Btw, this has been addressed elsewhere in this thread.

Russell Grand wrote:
Nah, not weird at all. Btw, this has been addressed elsewhere in this thread.
Ah OK yes, reading back I see it's been thrashed already :oops:

sqigls wrote:it's obviously not a huge issue, but I'm never gonna close the panel personally.
Same.

Would like to be able to keep it open at all times. Would anyone prefer it closed? I wonder if the 80/20 rule could take apply here and ultimately keeping it open at all times would just work better for the majority of users.

Return to “Effects”