Fragile Gods - "Falling"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sjm wrote:No green screen this time?

Nice graphics though!
I'm sure I'll do another green screen video someday but it takes a lot of time and energy. I thought I'd try something different this time so I commissioned a guy on Fiverr to do this lyrics video.

Interestingly this lyrics video has a significantly longer average view time than the prior green screen video. Which makes me wonder is it worth going through all that trouble with the green screen? I suppose if I did a cute cat video it would do better than all previous attempts. :idea:

Thanks for watching and commenting. :)

dellboy wrote:Did I just listen to a previously unreleased Human League track ? 8)
I should release it as a Human League bootleg to get more listens. Phil had a cold. That's why he sounds so different here. :D
dellboy wrote: If the bass is real analogue or soft it sure fools me.
Great video.
All instruments are soft. I always use NI Monark for bass.
dellboy wrote: Does the up front drum need pulling back a tad ?

Or did someone else put that in my mind ?
I already pulled back the snare. At this point, the mix is done for better or worse.

Thanks for your comments on the music and video. :)

I don't know how this one slipped by me. Touch of Human League's "Fascination" on this one. Very well done. Right out of the 80s. I think this might have even been a hit bad it come out back then.

What else is there to say?

Frantz wrote:Interestingly this lyrics video has a significantly longer average view time than the prior green screen video. Which makes me wonder is it worth going through all that trouble with the green screen? I suppose if I did a cute cat video it would do better than all previous attempts. :idea:
I'm not sure how much average view time means though. People sharing links count for about 1 second of view time. That's actually probably a more "valuable" view than somewhat watching 1 minute and thinking "nah, not really". So the statistics can lie a bit. Obviously I can't see your stats, so that's all hypothetical; but it's worth thinking about the different types of short views and what they mean. Sometimes it's just people not realising that you can turn off autoplay...

I'd have said - if you ask me (which you didn't but whatever) - that the real criteria should surely be what you feel like doing or feel that the video needs. If you actively want to do something with the green screeen, surely you should do it for yourself, not for potential YT views?

I guess what you really need is a greenscreen video featuring a cat. Maybe you can get all dressed up like a Bond villain, with a big white Persian on your arm... I dunno, I think you could pull that off.

I think both videos you made here work well. Concerning the procedere with what to get the most views and all the statistics I'm still struggling myself with that. But I would second sjm (also not being asked of course) that all which suits the video should be done - greenscreen or not.

I guess greenscreen cats is surely a clickopener :clown: It's a business already
https://www.pond5.com/stock-video-foota ... n-cat.html
greenscreen horses would be top
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

"You gotta be lost if you want to be found"

Profound. 8)

htcnext2 wrote:I expected synth drums (Roland or Akai samples) as accompaniment. You used real drum samples, which gives the track a different twist. Electro pop should be the right term here ?! Nice ´fantasy´video. Well done!
Yes, I used FXpansion's BFD3 on this which has lots of high quality recordings of real drum kits. However, after using BFD3 for a while, I feel like going back to drum machines. I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side.

I would be happy for this to be called Electropop. It sounds more dignified than Synthpop for some reason.

Glad you enjoyed the video too. :)

I think we are going to see a lot more of your credited co singer - Aika Zabala..................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypxCzPr2bhE

Allomerus wrote:Enjoying the current version.
The video is nice, simple but it is highly effective.
Lots of great sounds and the vocals suit this track perfectly. Top idea to have Aika back your vocals, you sound great together.
Fabulous mix.
I said "Well done"
:)
Thanks for the nice comments Allomerus. I agree Aika's vox added a lot to this. I am writing the next one with her in mind.

jancivil wrote:
snare [...] too much of a low-midrange tone that really took over the mix
I woulda liked to have heard it before that was castrated. Better put, dealt with. :hihi:

I love the Monark and the drums (and particularly the lead vocal) but I'm wanting the low mids snare a'popping somebody else didn't. C'est la vie.

Good mix, good job all round.
Layzer listens in headphones. I think in headphones the snare was a bit much so I made a small adjustment.

I find you can't go wrong with Monark. Glad that you enjoyed this. Thanks for the feedback on the vox and the mix in general. :)

seismic1 wrote:You're mellowing with age :wink:

I've listened to this a couple of times this week and it's certainly got a lighter mood than your previous tracks. Your vocal sounds much more "confident" than on earlier songs which probably contributes to the lighter mood. Great mix with lots of clarity and good use of stereo. I really liked the drums/percussion. I thought they sounded good and helped to drive the song along. They also had a nice "human" touch.
I am not sure if I'm mellowing but this is certainly more pop focused. I am starting to get more comfortable doing vocals which leads to more relaxed results I think.

The drums are BFD3 which includes MIDI drum performances from session players in addition to lots of high quality drum samples. I spent a fair amount of time editing together different grooves and fills to create this "human" performance. :)

However, I've grown tired of acoustic drums for the moment so it's back to drum machines for the next one. I've settled on Soniccoutre's Electro-Acoustic which is pretty amazing.

Thanks for the listens and the feedback. :)

A touch of lightness added to classic Fragile Gods. I'm digging it! I think the snare has an appropriate amount of low mids. And, as others said, the bass is nice and creamy.

wagtunes wrote:I don't know how this one slipped by me. Touch of Human League's "Fascination" on this one. Very well done. Right out of the 80s. I think this might have even been a hit bad it come out back then.
Thanks! I am going to print this out and hang it on my refrigerator to remind me that wagtunes once said something nice to me. :hihi:

Frantz wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I don't know how this one slipped by me. Touch of Human League's "Fascination" on this one. Very well done. Right out of the 80s. I think this might have even been a hit bad it come out back then.
Thanks! I am going to print this out and hang it on my refrigerator to remind me that wagtunes once said something nice to me. :hihi:
Believe it or not, I'm not a monster.

Just don't let that get around.

wagtunes wrote: Believe it or not, I'm not a monster.

Just don't let that get around.
Your secret is safe with me. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”