Korg Volca Mix

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

to me, 3 tracks are not enough, WAY TOO LESS...

I'm thinking about getting one, next month or the one after that. I've got three other volcas and a Waldorf rocket and a mini kaoss pad 2s that I would like to use with it.

Does anyone here already have one? What do you think of it? Do the power supplies create hum or noise for you?

fabi wrote:I'm thinking about getting one, next month or the one after that. I've got three other volcas and a Waldorf rocket and a mini kaoss pad 2s that I would like to use with it.

Does anyone here already have one? What do you think of it? Do the power supplies create hum or noise for you?
Given this is the first post I’ve seen since launch I suspect very few people bought this. As expected really.

The same is true over on GS. Not one post since launch.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Yeah, i kind of figured that. The one customer review on the german thomann site is fairly negative (high frequency noise due to the dc adapter it seems) and prices have already gone down some, since launch, on several retailer's sites...

fabi wrote:Yeah, i kind of figured that. The one customer review on the german thomann site is fairly negative (high frequency noise due to the dc adapter it seems) and prices have already gone down some, since launch, on several retailer's sites...
I’m never really negative on products (other than one company who shall remain nameless) but Korg truly dropped the ball on this one. It could have been spectacular but they completely ballsed it up. I was waiting on this for so long too...
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

The form factor of the volca mix or the Vixen appeal to me, as I don't have much space... However the Vixen is more expensive from the get-go and I'd have to pay tax/customs to get it to Germany, too.
So the Vixen is out of the question for me...

But it's soo stupid that the volca mix, contrary to what some retailers say, can't be battery powered...

fabi wrote:(high frequency noise due to the dc adapter it seems)
:dog: :dog: :dog:

that was the one bona fide advantage I thought Korg would have - delivering a power distribution method for multiple volcas that didn't have this common flaw.

that is the ultimate nail in the coffin.

Daags wrote:
fabi wrote:(high frequency noise due to the dc adapter it seems)
:dog: :dog: :dog:

that was the one bona fide advantage I thought Korg would have - delivering a power distribution method for multiple volcas that didn't have this common flaw.

that is the ultimate nail in the coffin.
Yes, I am not getting one after all. If it was able to run off batteries this problem could be avoided, but it doesn't...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”